25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

Especially for those who JUST wanted Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow from the battle packs and no one else:

GI JOE COMIC PACK PICS!

and....

what looks to be final product images of Waves 2 & 3 out of package, here!

and just this in, guess who got confirmed as a mail-away figure for next year? DOC!

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

You the man, Shin. Thanks as always for the pic links.

Glad to see they re-did the paint apps on Stalker's face. He now looks like the Stalker I remember. Still not completely sold on the colors Hasbro's using for the camo, but it may grow on me.

Maybe it's because the pic is slightly blurry, but the figure ALMOST looks like Lady Jaye. It'd help if Hasbro could "puff out" her hair a little more and sculpt her hair out a little closer to the cap. Still, I'm glad to see someone posing the gun holster a bit more properly. :)

Sigma 6/8" fans rejoice, General Hawk reviews the newest wave of commando figures! You Snake Eyes fans will love this:

2 Snake Eyes figures in this wave!

Holy S---!!! These look sweet!!! I hope I have better luck finding these guys than friggin 25th anniversary Storm Shadow - who is nowhere to be seen. Like the TF Movie figures ....

<_<

GIJoe Comic packs - WTF is up with Commando Snake Eyes being blue & grey??? I thought he would be all black like in the battle packs???

FAWK.

<_<

For those of you Sigma 6/8" fans,

TRU Exclusive Combat Squad 3 pack!

Price is said to be $29.99. Figures included are Backblast, Deep Six, and Barrel Roll!

Thanks as always for the great info Shin. It's mucho appreciated!!

:)

As I said in another forum...ACK! on Snake Eyes 2-pack being BLUE! I like how they kept SS all-white, but blue to match the comic? Almost as bad as the neon green they gave poor Duke. Guess I will have to buy SE "espionage" look via eBay from someone who doesn't want him. Cool at least that Doc is being made a mail-away figure, wonder how many UPC codes it's going to take.

As I said in another forum...ACK! on Snake Eyes 2-pack being BLUE! I like how they kept SS all-white, but blue to match the comic? Almost as bad as the neon green they gave poor Duke. Guess I will have to buy SE "espionage" look via eBay from someone who doesn't want him. Cool at least that Doc is being made a mail-away figure, wonder how many UPC codes it's going to take.

I feel the same way, how disappointing them making SE blue. Now i might have to pick up the five pack just to get that one figure, maybe i can just pawn the other four to make up for the loss. <_<

What's funny or sad is that, if I remember correctly, while Snake-eyes in the comic was sometimes done in a shade of blue (as is normal for 'black', as in hair), in the Silent Interlude episode, his highlights were grey, not blue), so it's not really even 'comic accurate' like the zany Star Wars comic adaption figures Hasbro's done.

A really dark grey might've actually looked cool with black details.

Edited by Southpaw Samurai

What's funny or sad is that, if I remember correctly, while Snake-eyes in the comic was sometimes done in a shade of blue (as is normal for 'black', as in hair), in the Silent Interlude episode, his highlights were grey, not blue), so it's not really even 'comic accurate' like the zany Star Wars comic adaption figures Hasbro's done.

A really dark grey might've actually looked cool with black details.

He does not seem blue on the cover of "Silent Interlude", but he is definitely blue in the interiors. There is a Snake Eyes in black coming out in the Blade Destro wave. Some think he will be v2 Snake Eyes(single pack) in black, however I hope he is based on the v3 1989 version. However, he could either be a black clad v2, or black clad v1. I really hope he is the v3 version, not the greatest, but great and most overlooked.

It was also pointed out last night that comic pack Hawk is based on the original toy colors, not the comic.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

He does not seem blue on the cover of "Silent Interlude", but he is definitely blue in the interiors. There is a Snake Eyes in black coming out in the Blade Destro wave. Some think he will be v2 Snake Eyes(single pack) in black, however I hope he is based on the v3 1989 version. However, he could either be a black clad v2, or black clad v1. I really hope he is the v3 version, not the greatest, but great and most overlooked.

It was also pointed out last night that comic pack Hawk is based on the original toy colors, not the comic.

v3 Snake Eyes was my favorite until some of the newer snake eyes were released, i would definitely like to see this version in 25th anniversary trim. The only other figure i really hope they make (since they're already making Firefly) is Alley Viper.

I'm all for v3 Snake EYes coming out, too. Almost as iconic as v2 (and I always liked v3 more than v1, but that was probably due to how much better the sculpting was by that point). Give him some removable knifes for his chest and the same little packpack with sword sheath, please.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was at Target the other night and decided to swing by the toy section. All they had was a single Snake Eyes v2. I had told myself that I wasn't going to collect these 25th anniversary figs, but decided to go ahead and buy SE since he was only $6. Long story short, now I want to get the rest of these figs. I've tried all the local stores, but no luck. Does anyone know a good place to buy these online that actually has them in stock? BBTS and Hasbro.com have been out of stock since forever it seems, and the prices on ebay are ridiculous

That sucks 'cause i already bought it :angry: oh well, I'll just have to buy the cobra pack now too, might as well since i've already put my feet in the water.

I think you'll like the cobra pack more than the joe pack. The cobra pack didn't need as much modifications. Just be warned that Destro cannot carry his briefcase in his left hand.

• 2 weeks later...

@Shin - Dude, since you are the forum's resident GI Joe toy expert: Can you tell me why some of the older wave SIGMA 6 figures have a flashing red dot light in them, while the later ones don't? WTF is that thing?

:huh:

I recently bought a Sigma 6 Zartan figure MIB from eBay and it has this flashing red dot light ... still flashing!! Just curious as to what this is? Do other earlier wave Sigma 6 figures have this too, or is this just specific to Zartan?

Thanks in advance.

@Shin - Dude, since you are the forum's resident GI Joe toy expert: Can you tell me why some of the older wave SIGMA 6 figures have a flashing red dot light in them, while the later ones don't? WTF is that thing?

I recently bought a Sigma 6 Zartan figure MIB from eBay and it has this flashing red dot light ... still flashing!! Just curious as to what this is? Do other earlier wave Sigma 6 figures have this too, or is this just specific to Zartan?

Thanks in advance.

The flashing red light was implemented to attract kids' attention faster and easier at retail. Wave 1 figures do not have it, but as far as I know, the Zartan wave(3) had it, and the waves afterwards until Sigma 6 name was no longer used on the packaging.

BTW guys, wave 2 has been sighted at walmart in California.

The flashing red light was implemented to attract kids' attention faster and easier at retail. Wave 1 figures do not have it, but as far as I know, the Zartan wave(3) had it, and the waves afterwards until Sigma 6 name was no longer used on the packaging.

BTW guys, wave 2 has been sighted at walmart in California.

Thanks for the great info dude ... as usual. Appreciate it.

:)

Wave 2 of the 25th anniversary Joes?? Frak, I'm still looking for Storm Shadow ....

You're welcome man.

No worries for Storm Shadow, he is packed in some cases of wave 2.

Thanks again Shin. Although, I gotta admit, I think I'm really getting into the 8" sigma 6 figures. Am considering 'seriously' collecting them now. Bad for my wallet ....

Thanks again Shin. Although, I gotta admit, I think I'm really getting into the 8" sigma 6 figures. Am considering 'seriously' collecting them now. Bad for my wallet ....

Samurai Storm Shadow, Lockdown, and Toxic Zartan are now being sighted, as well as Combat Squad wave 2, the one with Torpedo.

The 8" figures are great toys. Enjoy them while they are still around.

Every time I'm at Frank & Sons, I fight myself to buy Pimp Daddy Destro... most likely just the Silver cause the Gold is atrociously expensive (50-75$) while the silver is a more reasonable ~20...

I found all of wave 2 here in NC, of all places! We NEVER get new things this early, so I'm still in shock over it. I've been on a really lucky streak finding GI Joes here in NC, actually. I found not one but TWO silver cape Sigma Six Cobra Commanders last month.

Beachhead is probably my favorite of the entire line as of now. Yes, I actually like him better than V1 Storm Shadow. Serpentor is growing on me, but Buzzer has been a huge surprise. Lady Jaye is pretty good, but the eyes on mine are a little bigger than probably should be. Still, her accessories are fantastic.

Of course, out of all the figures to do something stupid with, I broke the left hand at the wrist of the Cobra trooper. Anyone have a spare Cobra trooper left hand they'd be willing to part with?

Why is the thread about the 25th anniversary figures getting posts about Sigma 6 junk? :p j/k. I thought I liked the S6 figs at first, but after buying the wave 1 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, I decided that I do not like them. The overly stylized/animated look just doesn't appeal to me

I already found all of the wave 2 figs except Serpentor :D I had a terrible time trying to find wave 1 figs at retail. All I ever found was the 5 packs and a single carded Snake Eyes v2. Either wave 2 has received better distribution than wave 1, or I just got really lucky

Edited by mister_e

All I've found of the 25th anniversary Joes are Cobra Commander, Flint, and Snake Eyes ... all the last one, on beat up cards. But I had planned on opening them, so no big deal. I have seen the 5-packs a few times, but that's it. No sign of Storm Shadow anywhere ....

I finally got around to opening my Cobra 5-pack today.

I'm really pretty disappointed. Storm Shadow has a floppy torso right out of the box. Destro's left hand is so gnarled he can't hold his briefcase. Cobra Trooper is ok, I guess. At least he can hold his rifle. I couldn't get Baroness into a pose that didn't look ridiculous so I put her back in the package. Her neck is sort of hunched forward and her hair gets in the way of putting her right arm in certain poses. Her hips are so wide that any position I put her legs in leaves a huge weird gap in between. I didn't unpack Cobra Commander because I already have the hooded one on my display shelf.

I would prefer if the display stands had debossed the Cobra emblem. It tends to get in the way of their feet being in certain poses.

After these I think I'm going to be a lot more choosy about which other Joes I buy. Meh.

Edited by Grand Admiral

All of the rumors that I have heard indicate that most of the figs in the 5 pack will be released carded or in the comic 2 packs. Out of all of the figs in the 5 packs, I only really wanted Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, and Destro. I think I will leave my 5 packs unopened and pick up the other figs when they are released on cards or in comic packs.

I finally got around to opening my Cobra 5-pack today.

I'm really pretty disappointed. Storm Shadow has a floppy torso right out of the box. Destro's left hand is so gnarled he can't hold his briefcase. Cobra Trooper is ok, I guess. At least he can hold his rifle. I couldn't get Baroness into a pose that didn't look ridiculous so I put her back in the package. Her neck is sort of hunched forward and her hair gets in the way of putting her right arm in certain poses. Her hips are so wide that any position I put her legs in leaves a huge weird gap in between. I didn't unpack Cobra Commander because I already have the hooded one on my display shelf.

I would prefer if the display stands had debossed the Cobra emblem. It tends to get in the way of their feet being in certain poses.

After these I think I'm going to be a lot more choosy about which other Joes I buy. Meh.

The joe stands are worse, the entire joe logo and stars and stripes are sculpted, making it much more difficult for the joes to stand up. I would have preferred a sole sculpted star in the middle instead.

I wonder if the ball joint in the torso if your Storm Shadow figure is broken.