25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

Comic packs wave 3. Surely Ace and Wild Weasel can't be complete without a Skystriker and Rattler right? Surely I'm not alone in wanting to see those again.

Only if the cockpits are resized to fit the figures, aren't all the 25 anniversarry figures actually 1:18 scale which makes them a pain to fit in their normal joe vehicles?

Only if the cockpits are resized to fit the figures, aren't all the 25 anniversarry figures actually 1:18 scale which makes them a pain to fit in their normal joe vehicles?

Hasbro is already making revisions to figures to enable them to sit. Stalker is now shipping with a fixed crotch, as well as Beachhead and Firefly. All of wave 5 and beyond should be able to sit in vehicles.

I think this is the "fix" that everyone's talking about.

post-1828-1196806103_thumb.jpg

Beachhead's legs are farther apart.

post-1828-1196806127_thumb.jpg

No real change in the angle of the sitting position however.

post-1828-1196806223_thumb.jpg

Again, Beachhead's legs are farther apart.

post-1828-1196806150_thumb.jpg

And again, no real change in the angle of the sitting position.

Notice the difference in the width of their "packages." Not much of a change other than Firefly's legs aren't as spread eagle as Beachhead's.

Edited by Metal_Massacre_79

I just re-posed the four figures in the cheap attempt at a YMCA shot above, and it appears that Shipwreck has the best ability to sit upright. All of the others lean back as if they were in recliner. I don't think Shipwreck has the crotch fix either. Snake Eyes has the next best sitting position, but he legs are spread just as far as Beachhead's. Fire Fly doesn't have his legs as far apart as SE and BH but he doesn't sit as upright as SW (in fact FF leans back just as much as BH does, so the crotch isn't really helping him). BH has the worst sitting position out of all of them.

Unless I'm mistaken and Shin can chime in with a clarification on what the actual crotch fix was.

Edited by Metal_Massacre_79

I just re-posed the four figures in the cheap attempt at a YMCA shot above, and it appears that Shipwreck has the best ability to sit upright. All of the others lean back as if they were in recliner. I don't think Shipwreck has the crotch fix either. Snake Eyes has the next best sitting position, but he legs are spread just as far as Beachhead's. Fire Fly doesn't have his legs as far apart as SE and BH but he doesn't sit as upright as SW (in fact FF leans back just as much as BH does, so the crotch isn't really helping him). BH has the worst sitting position out of all of them.

Unless I'm mistaken and Shin can chime in with a clarification on what the actual crotch fix was.

Shipwreck does not have the crotch fix but I believe he was designed after the complaints came in, therefore able to sit. The Firefly you have has the fix, but the Beachhead you have does not. They do share the same mold, and the fix showed up first on Firefly and is now showing up on Beachhead. Stalker is now shipping with a fixed crotch, and since he shares the same mold as Snake Eyes, Snake Eyes from wave 5(all black), will be shipping with the crotch fix. Fixed crotch has more of a "y" shape rather than a "v"(compare your Firefly to Beachhead, its easiest to see it there).

Sienna Miller has been casted as the Baroness. Now the rumor mill is saying that Ray Parks has been casted as Snake Eyes. Several internet sights are reporting this nothing from the bigger places yet.

well like a dumb ass i decided to redesign a couple of joes this week end now i think i'm going to have to go all the way with them....

actually making fully poseable figures... i'll post a few pics in a couple of days when i finish the clay prototypes, but they'll be about 6 inches tall with anywhere from 14- 28 points of articulation, think marvel legends but with out the ridiculous proportions.....

so far it's snake eyes, scarlett, lady jay, storm shadow, destro and cobra commander.

:ph34r:

hiya, well im pretty new to gi joes collecting. i just recently started getting the 25th figures, right now i have...

snake eyes

storm shadow

cobra commander

cobra officer

red ninja

firefly

serpentor

i have an extra red ninja and firefly. just wondering if there worth anything if anyone needs a trade... (looking for flint or beach head or the navy guy)

what are the rare 25th figures to get? what are the ones that are worth to get... or people just getting them all cuz its pretty hard here to find them, always disappears after i see them 1 day.

Far as I am concerned ALL of 'em are difficult to get, simply because stores never seem to have them in stock!! I typically see the one or two last ones on the shelf in beaten up condition - to buy. Only once have I seem them in decent stock, where I bought the complete wave 3 set.

Although, I suppose the "common ones" are Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, & Cobra Commander. I see the 5-set boxes pretty frequently as well.

Good luck hunting for these things ...

i hit the jack pot today (though i probably should've taken further advantage of it), they had every wave in stock at my local wal-mart. They even had the single card wave 4 (?) (single carded duke, SE, air trooper, Gung Ho, etc.). I picked up a Firefly, and was going to pick up the Air trooper but decided against it since i was going to get the cobra legions pack at some point. Love Firefly, excellent figure, though i kinda wish his radio would fit on his back pack in some fashion so he'd be a bit more complete (kinda like Beachhead, no loose accessories). This is the same Wal-mart that i found 10 MP Starscreams at, so i think i'm going to go to this one from now on (lower income neighborhood).

I'm starting to find the previously MIA figures at Walmarts and TRU in So. OC. SO far I've found multiple Beach Heads, Firefly, and even Flint. So far I'm just awaiting the black espionage SE from Wave 5.

nice, I like the second and third sets. I'm not feelin the snake eyes and storm shadow two pack. Hasbro killed it for me by doing these other variants of these characters. Sigh....

Very nice touch with the Skystriker eagle emblem on the armband.

But you all know my opinions about the helmet and the overall look of Ace. :rolleyes:

Sad, he has a helmet and is all ready to go, with a patch even, and still no ride. I agree with the helmet thing though, its cool that its influenced by the original but I hope the 93 version gets its due too.

It would be nice if they could update the Skystriker's mold a bit to get the proportions a little more accurate.

If they could make an X-Wing with better proportions than the original vintage one, then I'm sure Hasbro could do the same with the Skystriker. Almost 25 years of toy-making advancements can make this a reality, right?

It would be nice if they could update the Skystriker's mold a bit to get the proportions a little more accurate.

If they could make an X-Wing with better proportions than the original vintage one, then I'm sure Hasbro could do the same with the Skystriker. Almost 25 years of toy-making advancements can make this a reality, right?

EXACTLY

F-14 based too. Its like how the x wing is in star wars, sure its dated, but hell its iconic. The anniversary line is full of redoes of original costumes, it makes sense to keep a new skystriker tomcat based. The way the joeclub has been describing ace and weasel leads me to believe there might be hope for us. Either a new skystriker and rattler, or the originals reissued with room for the anniversary figures to sit.

Anyone else obsessive enough about details to notice something's awry here?

sgtflashtv2.jpg

Give up? Looks like ol' Tony got himself busted back down to corporal after his promotion and code name change for the exclusive last year, but decided to keep the new moniker. If I was him, I'm put in a request to have it changed to 'General Flash' for grins... :D

Even though it's being very picky (sadly, I noticed it within a few seconds of looking at the back of the card because I've been curious if they were going to change things about characters), it's sort of a sad little oversight. Granted, Hasbro needed to use the 'trademarkable' version of his code name, but one would've hoped that someone would've looked at it and said, "Hey, if he's 'Sgt. Flash', shouldn't he be at least an E-5?" instead of just blindly duplicating the original copy short the places where the codename is used.

Flash is easily the disappointment out of the 5th wave, aesthetics-wise. I think its one of those cases where they maybe should have indulged a bit with changes. Flash was sort of a cool looking figure to a kid back in '82 (maybe because he (and GrandSlam) stood out a bit from the other non-S.E./Scarlett/Stalker generic looking, all green figures), but to those same eyes 25 years later, he's just not as appealing. While it matches the original figure, I almost think he'd be easily improved with boots on the outside instead of his stirrups.

Still, he's not horrid looking and he looks like he has good articulation (I won't open anymore of my Joes until after the holidays as I need to rearrange room for them) and he is a direct homage to the original, so I can't complain. Sadly, it looks like most of the rest of the original thirteen (minus the aforementioned Triple-S guys who all had unique molds), are going to fare as poorly in their new form, if the pictures of Hawk and Rock'n'roll are evidence... somehow Breaker looks like he may avoid the jinx... but that may be because you just don't see action figures blowing bubblegum bubbles... and that's his comic look to a 'T').

As mentioned earlier, I haven't opened these guys yet, so no take on their articulation/play-worthiness. Snowjob looks good and I like the options for his goggles/hood. Iron Grenadier Destro really makes me wish they had packed an Iron Grenadier as opposed to a Crimson Guard in this wave. And the C.G.s themselves are okay to good. The leg holster looks a little tacky and I'm not entirely sold on the new helmet design (much more angular and the face guard is very 'beak-like' with what looks like very limited visibility.

I also wonder why they changed and "stylized" the card art a bit for Flash too? It's not overly noticeable, but the new card art looks different overall to the original Flash card art.

As for the CG's, I'll still have to see one in person. But I'm guessing I may wait to see if there's any changes with the helmet design on the one coming out in the comic pack next year.

Looks like I gotta get back on the horse and start "hunting" again. ;)