25th Anniversary GI Joe

JELEINEN

Wave 7....UNVEILED!

The v4 Snake Eyes is based on the vintage V3! WITH NEARLY ALL OF HIS ORIGINAL WEAPONS! Looks like an entirely new sculpt. It also looks like a vintage v4 homage as well as VSV version can be easily made from this tooling.

The v designations for the anniversary figures refer to their anniversary incarnations now so....

V1 Snake Eyes=box set version

V2 SE=single pack wave 1

V3 SE=single pack wave 5 black costume

V4 SE=vintage V3 remake

It looks like Hasbro is going in chronological order for SE releases. The next few Snake Eyes figures we can expect could be a few repaints, along with a vintage V4 homage(who would be next in line after vintage v3), and Ninja Force.

I don't like the Viper's outward angled hands.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I'd have preferred Snake Eyes v3 to v4. Still should be good if done in better (more realistic) colors than the pastels and neon red weapons. Whoah. That is v3. Why are they calling it v4? Awesome!

I definitely want to see Kwin and Dr Venom. Any word on Fred (VII) in or out of CC Power Armor? What about an Iron Grenadier and Sergeant Major to go with IG Destro?

Edited by Uxi

So, will this be "Stereotype" Spirit? Or the updated look from the recent comics?

Looks like the 'stereotype' version to me .... but many of the other Wave 7 Joes look good!!

^_^

Also managed to find 2 Cobra Legions box-sets at Target for a whopping $6.24 apiece .... SWEET!!!!

Gotta love that post-Dec clearance ....

:lol: :lol:

Edited by Vermillion21

For those of you who want a realistic representation of the Dragonfly that is more to scale with the new anniversary figures, I suggest the 21st century 1/18 XD Ah-1W Cobra.

Why are they calling it v4?

4th version of Snake eyes in the anniversary line

I was able to pick up IG Destro with his pimpin gold head today at Target . To make it even better, his card had a red "As is" price sticker that rang up as $1.97. Score!

Dude that is awesome.

Any word on Fred (VII) in or out of CC Power Armor?

Armored Cobra Commander is wave 6 but has a Beachhead head underneath. Not sure why a Fred head isn't there instead. I have a suspicion the Fred version will be in a comic pack.

What about an Iron Grenadier

Confirmed in a comic pack later this year.

I'd have preferred Snake Eyes v3 to v4. Still should be good if done in better (more realistic) colors than the pastels and neon red weapons.

If they remake the vintage v4 in the anniversary line, the only thing that needs to be neon is the visor, the swords and gear would look much better in realistic colors as you suggested. In actuality crimson red would work much better than neon orange on the visor.

I am so glad the v3 remake is a new mold rather than just a repaint. The texture on the torso is excellent, the original figure had that too. The only thing missing is his blowgun but I could care less. Now I wonder, will he have a smaller packpack peg, or the original?

That Wild Bill looks tight!!! Just hope you can place his revolvers in the "reverse" position, with the butt of the guns facing front (ala the old vintage figure).

I don't like the Viper's outward angled hands.

Yeah, it looks weird to me too. But hopefully, it wont look so bad when the figure is gripping his rifle.

Dear Hasbro,

Please pack the Vipers in multiples of two per case.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mog. ;)

Just curious: so is everyone trying to be a completist with this series, or just buying particular figures?

Reason why I ask: I started out thinking I'd only get a select few, then decided to try and complete the originally proposed 15-25 figures Hasbro was going to release for the anniversary ... but now it seems like there's a new wave every other month. It's starting to cut into my TF and Macross toy budgets ....

Also managed to find 2 Cobra Legions box-sets at Target for a whopping $6.24 apiece .... SWEET!!!!

Gotta love that post-Dec clearance ....

:lol: :lol:

Lucky you, I scoped out the three local Targets near me when I heard they discounted the 5-packs to $6.24 and waited a day too long since by the time I went to look for them most of the toy clearance aisles were deserted. Glad though I was able to get the good guy Joe packs when they were at $12.48 though.

If anyone sees any Target spare clearance Cobra Legions in So. OC please let me know.

Just curious: so is everyone trying to be a completist with this series, or just buying particular figures?

Reason why I ask: I started out thinking I'd only get a select few, then decided to try and complete the originally proposed 15-25 figures Hasbro was going to release for the anniversary ... but now it seems like there's a new wave every other month. It's starting to cut into my TF and Macross toy budgets ....

Personally, I'm picking up the figures that I have nostalgic attachment to either for their toy or character. (Un)fortunately, that's just about every figure so far. I'm going to start skipping the repaints or slight variants (picked up the comic 2 pack repaints mainly for Doc) and once you start hitting the latter figures of the original 80's line-up, I'll probably skip them too (I know there's big fans of Alley Vipers and such and I'll admit they and some of the other latter figures are cool looking, but I had outgrown the toys at that point so I have no attachment to them).

But I do agree that the 25th Anniversary line is starting to take up a larger chunk of my splurge budget than initially expected... especially since I'm a 'open and display' geek, so I can't just live with one Cobra trooper or Crimson Guardsman....

@baronv - I'd be willing to swap a Cobra legions box for a Joes box - if you have an extra one.

Unfortunately I only have one set of Joe 5-packs. I guess I just missed the Legion set, but no biggie since I only wanted it when it dropped to the $6.48 price.

Armored Cobra Commander is wave 6 but has a Beachhead head underneath. Not sure why a Fred head isn't there instead. I have a suspicion the Fred version will be in a comic pack.

Ah, well that's progress. Is the Crimson Guard removable helmet? That would be another good choice for the "Fred head."

If they remake the vintage v4 in the anniversary line, the only thing that needs to be neon is the visor, the swords and gear would look much better in realistic colors as you suggested. In actuality crimson red would work much better than neon orange on the visor.

Agreed.

I am so glad the v3 remake is a new mold rather than just a repaint. The texture on the torso is excellent, the original figure had that too. The only thing missing is his blowgun but I could care less. Now I wonder, will he have a smaller packpack peg, or the original?

I still have the blowgun and vintage v2 and v3. I think I burned my vintage v1 Snake Eyes as a kid. :ph34r:

Ah, well that's progress. Is the Crimson Guard removable helmet? That would be another good choice for the "Fred head."

No clue on that one man, I want a removable helmet, but people are skeptical due to the size of the head, and think its just swappable.

I'm just getting the figures I want, of characters I like.

Nah, I've never been a completist. Granted I've had issues with a few figures here and there, but Hasbro's definitely making it harder for me to pick and choose with their upcoming releases.

Still haven't seen Wave 5 out in the wild though....

i won't buy one of these until I see vehicles

Next month at toyfair.

I'm shocked they haven't made Tunnel Rat yet.

I think he is inevitable since he is based on Larry Hama's likeness, and Larry Hama is working with Hasbro again...

As nifty as removable helmets are, I would prefer swapping anyways. Ball jointed heads make it easier.

The biggest complaints for removable helmets were that the heads were proportionally too small compared to the rest of the body. Take for example, battle mask Cobra Commander.

Also distorted helmets. Most figures with helmets tend to have "normal head sized" helmets. So when you have the removable helmet, they either need to go to pinheads or the RH figs have oversided heads/helmets compared the non-removable helmet figs.

This is most common with clones/stormtroopers from the Star Wars line.

Wave 8....CONFIRMED!

Bigger images here!

Now obviously folks these are not final images, and like last year, the toys will most likely look better than these prototypes. The Snake Eyes in this wave is relevant and something I did not see coming at all. We need a Kwinn ASAP. He actually has more accessories than he needs(he didn't use swords in that issue!). I hope Baroness has a fixed crotch. flint rules aside the color scheme, I'm glad his articulation woes will be fixed(count on him having the fixed crotch that Breaker and Rock and Roll have)!

Whoa, wave 8 looks awesome!! Man, this series gets better & better!!!

^_^

Are those tiny skulls on SE's neck?

Yep. From what I recall, in the comic issue #2, Kwinn buries the firing pins of the Joes' guns with some bones or something - to help give the Cobra agents a fair chance to escape. In the final panel of the comic, you see SE with the skulls around his neck - indicating that he and the other Joes found their gun firing pins and are hunting the Cobra agents down.

In the final panel of the comic, you see SE with the skulls around his neck - indicating that he and the other Joes found their gun firing pins and are hunting the Cobra agents down.

Correct. I believe Kwinn also gave them to Snake eyes since Snake Eyes had defeated him, or fought him to a draw. I might be mistaken since its been a while, but it was a gesture of respect. That costume has never been done right until now. With that out, Kwinn is needed.

Whoa, wave 8 looks awesome!! Man, this series gets better & better!!!

^_^

Yep. From what I recall, in the comic issue #2, Kwinn buries the firing pins of the Joes' guns with some bones or something - to help give the Cobra agents a fair chance to escape. In the final panel of the comic, you see SE with the skulls around his neck - indicating that he and the other Joes found their gun firing pins and are hunting the Cobra agents down.

I thought it was the Russians that hired Kwinn in Issue #2.

I loved that story. Was my first Joe comic. Kwinn basically tells the bad guys (I agree with Godzilla, I think they were Russians) that while he didn't eliminate the Joes when he had the chance, he did take their firing pins and left them as an offering somewhere between where he left the Joes and the Russians. If the Soviets wanted, they could go and find the pins before the Joes do. But, as he says, "They are trackers and you are not." as the 'camera' closes in on Snake-eyes wearing the necklace.... very nicely done.

They do look less like weasel skulls and more like ol' Snake's been killing little greyling aliens, but overall if we're going to have Snake-eyes variant after variant, this is one I'd actually want. He almost should've been done as a comic pack figure, though, along with Kwinn.

The rest of the wave looks pretty good, even if I'd rather see different characters over repaints/variants. I've always like Roadblock's second outfit, despite it being high-contrast and I'm digging the Baroness in her more 'Cobra uniform' colors.... can place her with CC in front of my swarm of troops and then have the all-black one stand with Destro off to the side. I might have to get Flint just for the gloved hands (should just do the quick custom job someone suggested awhile back here instead). And I'm glad Bludd got pushed back... hopefully they'll do some retooling... he's too cool an early Cobra baddie to do a slipshod job on.

How in the hell Grunt become a senior officer? He was the original Joes. He disarmed that nuclear warhead and left to Ga Tech (YAY! My school I graduated from!) in the comics. But Senior officer?

EDIT: I got an answer for my question I posed.

Edited by Godzilla

TRU exclusive 5 packs and 3 packs galore!

3 packs:$14.99

5 packs:$24.99

GRUUNNNNNNTTTT!!!

These look ok. I like the Cobra Night Watch deco ... but everything else seems ... meh.

:mellow:

And I agree with Shin - we need a Kwinn figure.

Edited by Vermillion21

Seems a little early for Hasbro to be hitting the repaints so much when there are so many core characters left to do. After seeing this latest wave and the TRU exclusives I guess I just don't think they compare with the previous waves. Not that this is going to stop me from picking up a few... Because I'm a slave to Hasbro and the awesome things they are doing for the 25th Anniversary Joes.

What might be waves 9, 10, and more comic packs:

wave 9

653569391274 Zap

653569391275 Covergirl

653569391277 Snakeeyes v4

653569391278 Alley Viper

653569391280 Dr. Mindbender

653569391273 Scrap Iron

2packs

653569399471 Dusty-Mangler SM

653569399469 Scarface-Dr Venom

wave10