Macross II Toy Line

Agent-GHQ

With all the new Macross toys coming out, any chance Yamato will make the Macross II VF-2SS. What are your thougths and please support your position/reasons as to why you feel Yamato will or will not produce this toy.

Edited by Agent-GHQ

Who says it wouldn't be popular, Yamato have a big fan base, people know how good their sh*t is, they will see a beautiful new Valkyrie with perfect transformation. They WILL buy.

I know i would.

I mean come on, Yamato you know you WANT to. :p

A Metal Siren in Moon Festival colour scheme will kick so much ass.

... but then you look at how lazy they are when it comes to 2 seaters for the 1/48's. Pathetic.

Doesn't anyone think that they themselves would feel crap after not having the motivation to bring the 2 seaters to life?

TOO BUSY making the gunpods crooked so they can cash in on a display stand!!!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Doubtful. Yamato gets Kowamori to approve their designs, and Macross 2 was done without his or anyone at Big Wests imput. I could see another company MAYBE making them, but not Yamato.

Actually Big West commissioned and bank rolled Mac II.

It was SK and Studio Nue who were not interested in the project, thus their input was not available.

If Yamato gets Kawamori to approve their designs, then all they need is have Kouichi Ohata to approve the Macross II designs....

Yamato will make whatever will sell. They aren't loyal to Kawamori or Studio Nue, they are a toy company out to make money, simple as that.

If Mac II variable fighter toys will make them money, they will produce them.

It is what the market demands, not an anime studio.

It's a shame really. I'd pay good money for a 1/60 or even a 1/48 VF-2SS toy from Yamato.

Time to bug Bandai about it. ;)

Frankly, i'd like to see bandai compete with Yamato in the macross market. Yamato's "monopoly" doesn't bode well to us valkaholics, what with all these QC problems and cheap plastics being used. Abit of healthy competition wouldn't hurt anyone IMHO.

Time to bug Bandai about it. ;)

Frankly, i'd like to see bandai compete with Yamato in the macross market. Yamato's "monopoly" doesn't bode well to us valkaholics, what with all these QC problems and cheap plastics being used. Abit of healthy competition wouldn't hurt anyone IMHO.

I doubt it will happen though. You rarely see IP holders license out their stuff to two seperate companies to make competing products. You may get one company producing a certain type (say, adult collector) and another company producing product for a different segment of the market (kid toys) but I doubt you would two companies going head to head for the same market. Too big of a risk, especially with as small of a fan base as macross. At best, you might see bandai producing one particular license (like M7) and yamato producing another, like mac plus.

Though, I'm not sure why all this love of bandai. Their PG kits are awesome, but they'd hardly make great toys and it's not like their M7 toys were particularly awe inspiring... I like the VF-17, it's decent enough, but their VF-19 were down right fugly, imo,

I'd also love decent transforming toys of the VF-2SS with removable SAP and also a VF-2JA Icarus, but honestly it's not gonna happen from Yamato and Bandai has little love or respect for Macross, so don't expect anything from them either.

Toynami anybody? :D

Graham

I doubt it will happen though. You rarely see IP holders license out their stuff to two seperate companies to make competing products. You may get one company producing a certain type (say, adult collector) and another company producing product for a different segment of the market (kid toys) but I doubt you would two companies going head to head for the same market. Too big of a risk, especially with as small of a fan base as macross. At best, you might see bandai producing one particular license (like M7) and yamato producing another, like mac plus.

I disagree. Very good example....Evangelion. Just how many Evangelion toys have you seen out there?They're picked up by everybody from Bandai, Sega, Kaiyodo, Max Factory etc. If we're talking about the mechs alone, Bandai, and Kaiyodo are at the forefront. Easier to see this are the various "PVC Girls" figures flooding the market. Lately there seems to be alot of figures for Fate/Stay Night from different companies. So i dun really understand this "one person only can hold the license to produce toys" thing. Is this just something exclusive to Macross toys? Heck look at Megazone too. Right now, Yamato, Max Factory and Artelier Sai are producing the Garlands.

Though, I'm not sure why all this love of bandai. Their PG kits are awesome, but they'd hardly make great toys and it's not like their M7 toys were particularly awe inspiring... I like the VF-17, it's decent enough, but their VF-19 were down right fugly, imo,

Bandai, cause they have the resources, technical know how, man power, and i'd daresay excellent QC. If they ever incorporated macross toys in their Chogokin (not necessarily SOC) series, I'm sure it'll blow your socks off. M7 toys...as Graham put it, was due to their negligence of their license. Who knows...maybe at that time selling Zeta model kits were more lucrative. But i'm sure if they put their hearts to it, They'd give Yamato a good run for their money. I don't wanna be a Yamato dog buying from them just cause i like valks and they are the only ones producing it, despite bad QC.

Edited by wolfx

I'd also love decent transforming toys of the VF-2SS with removable SAP and also a VF-2JA Icarus, but honestly it's not gonna happen from Yamato and Bandai has little love or respect for Macross, so don't expect anything from them either.

Toynami anybody? :D

Graham

Oh HELL nooooooo..... :blink:

Not anytime soon that's for sure. Besides the VF-2SS transformation is almost similar to the VF-1. I want a VF-4 before a VF-2SS

I'd buy either and/or both. The VF-2 and the VF-4 are my two favorite designs (followed closely by the YF-21, which is probably going to happen this year :) )

Unfortunately the VF-2 isn't likely to happen at all. :(

Maybe there's some small chance of the VF-4. I just want to see some more futuristic designs.

Oh hell, Yamato, just make one of everything. You know we'll buy them. :D

I disagree. Very good example....Evangelion. Just how many Evangelion toys have you seen out there?They're picked up by everybody from Bandai, Sega, Kaiyodo, Max Factory etc. If we're talking about the mechs alone, Bandai, and Kaiyodo are at the forefront. Easier to see this are the various "PVC Girls" figures flooding the market. Lately there seems to be alot of figures for Fate/Stay Night from different companies. So i dun really understand this "one person only can hold the license to produce toys" thing. Is this just something exclusive to Macross toys? Heck look at Megazone too. Right now, Yamato, Max Factory and Artelier Sai are producing the Garlands.

1. Eva is a much bigger market than macross so there's more pie for companies to share.

2. The various Eva products don't really compete with one another. Bandai's models are not going to compete with their chogokin and those aren't going to compete with the various super posables and those don't compete with eva key chains. Sure an eva fan may purchase all the products, but they don't compete directly with another. For example, you don't see two model companies producing competing model kits.

2a. The PVC girls, are they in the same pose?

2b. Yes yes, people always find exceptions to the rule and try to use it say that the rule is bad. I didn't say competing products never happen, I just that they generally don't. Usually companies that are going to produce a specific product or carry a line, try to go for exclusivity in order to protect their market. Of course it is up to the holder of the IP to do what they want and with who they want, so I'm sure you'll find companies that will have two or more companies make the same product and have them go at it in the market.

Bandai, cause they have the resources, technical know how, man power, and i'd daresay excellent QC. If they ever incorporated macross toys in their Chogokin (not necessarily SOC) series, I'm sure it'll blow your socks off. M7 toys...as Graham put it, was due to their negligence of their license. Who knows...maybe at that time selling Zeta model kits were more lucrative. But i'm sure if they put their hearts to it, They'd give Yamato a good run for their money. I don't wanna be a Yamato dog buying from them just cause i like valks and they are the only ones producing it, despite bad QC.

Yes, if bandai gave a rats ass they couldof/wouldof but they haven't. I'm sure any number of companies could produce an amazing macross toy. I'm sure even yamato could make another, improved VF-1. It's just a matter or returns on investment and how willing they are to enter into a small wading pool like macross.

Not gonna happen, sorry.

Graham

Short, sweet, and to the point, lol. :lol:

I didn't like Macross II that much anyways, they did have some cool Valks, but nothing that I would really care to own. But that's just me.

I just don't see anyone picking this up an making toys based on it...sure Bandai could do it, but they don't strike me as having any intrest in macross save for the Mac7 stuff that they did, and they haven't done anything since that I know of.

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything from Mac2 anytime soon, if ever. However, you never know...I never thought I would see a SV-51 myself and lo and behold, there's one coming so I guess it doesn't hurt to hope. ;)

-Kyp

• 3 weeks later...

Ohh my yes, definitely the VF 2SS.

It looks to be very sleek and futuristic.

It'd be dorky of me I think...but I'd buy one!

:lol:

Umm personal opinion, The VF 1's etc.? They look abit 'blocky'?

Maybe their designs are somewhat dated? (I don't think I'd purchase any.) :(

I guess my faith is wanting in comparison to everyone else here. Forgive me.

:lol: