Yamato should include a jar of Vasoline with each figure. At least that way it will make the shafting a bit easier to take <_<

These 4 figures (and the Sky Girls Ra-jins) have cured me of the need to buy any toy of a transforming nature for a long long time :( . Static figures and scale models for me from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

its amazing how a paint job affects the overall presentation. Im almost thinking I can get past the 'parts-former' side of its nature.....

argh!

Mind you, Im starting to not want my megahouse mospeadas for that very reason... my nature doesn't seem to agree with the pull apart - reconstruct idea, and especially with it being a small fiddly sounding figure......

but geez i want a motoslave !! lol

all parts get reused though, right? no leftoevers? (sorry if this has been addressed before!!)

What hoops do we have to hurdle in order to grasp at this limited edition?

Anyone know? Will it be available through usual suspects HLJ, LOS, etc.? or do we need to do the Japanese address only stunt sending in proofs of purchase and ticket stubs from the last 12 wonderfests?

its amazing how a paint job affects the overall presentation. Im almost thinking I can get past the 'parts-former' side of its nature.....

argh!

Mind you, Im starting to not want my megahouse mospeadas for that very reason... my nature doesn't seem to agree with the pull apart - reconstruct idea, and especially with it being a small fiddly sounding figure......

all parts get reused though, right? no leftoevers? (sorry if this has been addressed before!!)

I don't know how this toy can be made with perfect transformation now that I realize which part goes where. A lot of anime magic going on in the show.

Wow! That looks beautiful. And that absolutely makes me furious for buying the first rounds of these that now look like cheap knockoffs. I hate this hobby sometimes. :unsure:

I was mad at first for missing the priss... I'm thinking of just getting the painted ones if they come out with all of them at a good price.

argh!

No leftovers.

What hoops do we have to hurdle in order to grasp at this limited edition?

Anyone know? Will it be available through usual suspects HLJ, LOS, etc.? or do we need to do the Japanese address only stunt sending in proofs of purchase and ticket stubs from the last 12 wonderfests?

The hobbysearch store I linked above is one of the "usual suspects", so it looks like it will be generally available but don't expect reissue, like the 1:48 VF-1 low-vis.

OK gang if you have all four Yamato BGC sets and want me to send out for the Boomer and AD police set PM me for my mailing address. All points have to be in my possession by Oct 20th. Two reasons one the Yamato dead line is the end of the month and the second is because I'm moving to a new Apt. If you are late or forget to send the points do not PM me asking me to give more time.

When you mail the points included you WM user name. DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR MW USER NAME! AGAIN DO NOT FORGET TO PUT YOUR MW USER NAME!

Edited by Save

I have the original set of BGC figures without the motoslaves, and noticed Nene's armor is red/pink. In the new release, it is blue/pink. Can someone remind me where the different color schemes come from? Is it a Bubblegum Crisis versus Crash difference?

I believe that the red pink suit is from 2040.

The blue/pink is from the original BGC.

I believe that the red pink suit is from 2040.

The blue/pink is from the original BGC.

I was trying to find some reference pictures as all my books with color BGC art are far, far away... amazing how hard it is to find decent BGC pictures online, considering how popular it used to be.

Anyways, there were two versions of the Hard Suits used in the original OAV. The blue/pink suit is the original hard suit design, the red/pink is the second that was shown in episode 8.

What makes it confusing is that 2040 used the same designs as the second version, so the same designs were used in both episode 8 of the original OAV and the TV series.

I was trying to find some reference pictures as all my books with color BGC art are far, far away... amazing how hard it is to find decent BGC pictures online, considering how popular it used to be.

Anyways, there were two versions of the Hard Suits used in the original OAV. The blue/pink suit is the original hard suit design, the red/pink is the second that was shown in episode 8.

What makes it confusing is that 2040 used the same designs as the second version, so the same designs were used in both episode 8 of the original OAV and the TV series.

Hey, thanks! Did the red/pink version stay on for Bubblegum Crash? Was there a reason for the change (upgraded suit?) or just a random change with no explanation? Just curious...

Hey, thanks! Did the red/pink version stay on for Bubblegum Crash? Was there a reason for the change (upgraded suit?) or just a random change with no explanation? Just curious...

I believe the suits from Crash were different, probably because of the legal issues that caused the end of Bubblegum Crisis. It's hard to get solid info on it, but Bubblegum Crisis was originally owned by two companies, ARTMIC and Youmex. Disagreements between the two of them caused Crisis to end short of it's intended 13 episode length.

I suspect the suits were changed was just a typical mid-series upgrade, keeping in mind that Crisis was supposed to run for another five episode after Scoop Chase.

Received all four of my Motoslaves from Lost and Found Toys today. While there are some legitimate issues that others have brought up, I am enjoying the figures and, for a fan of the series, think that it was money well spent. Slightly annoying that the metallic version is being released now, but the current gloss paint job doesn't look nearly as bad in person as it does in the photography. A little clear nail polish tightened up some of the loose forearms on the hardsuits but other than that I haven't had any problems.

Preorders up...

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT34686

There is really too much great stuff coming out in December. I dont know what I am going to do! I already have my preorders in on the DX VF-25 Alto and the Destroid Defender, and the HGIF Frontier box, And Yoko, and there is still a lot more that I want including this! Crap!

I don't know how this toy can be made with perfect transformation now that I realize which part goes where. A lot of anime magic going on in the show.

My theory for anime magic, mecha wise? Swing bars, lots and lots of swing bars. :lol:

had to lol when watching bgc on a madman release i purchased the other day, was stepping it through the animation sequence for priss transforming through the bike, and really, they did it cleverly and doesn't blatantly make u think anime magic, however, she should be cut into quarters judging from it !! lol

actually was bummed to see that whole 'swap out shoulders' thing as well as needing different hands for armoured mode... kinda being sold off it even more now ... but its still gosh darn purtyy...

but, why would they? We all know the sabres suits are 'So much more advanced than our own K12 Units'

hehehe.

Did you notice if the madman release was edited at all or toned down? Seems theres some spots that 'skip' a bit, dunno, might be just me and my crazy settling in again..