Who would buy VF-0 shoulder recasts?

MasterOfPuppets

Well to quote nightmareb4macross from another thread:

You know after seeing all these broken shoulders I am really considering recasting these parts in a really strong resin. While I am not sure of what the long term effects are. I am sure it would be better than having a VF-0 with a broken arm.

If there is enough interest I could reproduce the parts using an unbroken arm. I could attempt to reinforce it somehow so it wont be as easy to break and might be able to retaina a small rubber washer inside that can keep the arm somewhat tight.

So post here if you're interested. For all the the guys with broken shoulders, there may be hope after all.

I'm without a doubt intersted.

NMB4M, you should check out that super high-strentgh resin Captain America used for the VF-1D 1/48 kit... I bet that stuff'd be perfect.

I might be interested... mine broke but I got a replacement from BBTS that seems to eb holding out fine, and the other side looked alright.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=453694

This is turning into an epidemic.

If I am to reproduce these, I need broken limbs from an original VF-0A, A only. I would have to use the parts to thicken and enhance the old design.

The reason, I ask for "A" limbs is that I would like to reproduce these as they have the screw holes, as do the bicep covers.

If there is anyone out there who can help to get this project one step further please contact me via PM. I would require both halves of the upper left and right arms, as well as, both halves of the left and right bicep covers.

I will do my best with this project and try to obtain a very close to original color match.

Thanks,

NB4M

So any volunteers? I would but I only have the 0S. So if I wanted to replace the shoulder piece on the 0S I'd have to crack open the bicep armor and glue it back again?

So all jokes aside, is the part useful, or too gummy to use?

Magnus

The part is useful, but a clean unrepaired set would be perfect. This would allow me to repair the broken set at exactly where the break is. I need to study the weak point and come to a solution for making a stronger recast.

Thank you for your volunteering of parts, it is greatly appreciated.

Hopefully, someone out there has both arms broken and unrepaired.

;)