MasterOfPuppets

i didn't realize this was happening to both the OA and the OS :angry:

so count me in for 3 of each, none of my mine have broken

but better to be safe than sorry ;)

edit :

better make it 9 then

i forgot about Shin's VF-OA

Edited by Macross73

Now we've sunken to a new low: buying replacement parts and planning on repairs before the toys actually arrive... :lol:

So i've lent my arms and VF-0A to NB4M for the project.... sigh... and i barely even knew her sitting on top of my display shelf....

she never even made it to 1 full transformation without having a limb snap off.... she was a happy bird sitting in Fighter mode and dayam it!! apparently she wanted to stay that way!!

maybe i'll just get another one... but hey... how long do these types of projects take Alex???

So i've lent my arms and VF-0A to NB4M for the project.... sigh... and i barely even knew her sitting on top of my display shelf....

she never even made it to 1 full transformation without having a limb snap off.... she was a happy bird sitting in Fighter mode and dayam it!! apparently she wanted to stay that way!!

maybe i'll just get another one... but hey... how long do these types of projects take Alex???

I will take possession of the VF-0A later today. I'll keep updating this thread.

FIRST UPDATE - Thanks, Bee! ^_^

SECOND UPDATE -

I recieved the parts. Unfortunately, they're not what I was looking for. The parts are broken at the elbow and not the shoulder (see tiny debris located in the lower left-hand corner). The parts I need are broken shoulder parts. As it now turns out I will be working on the elbow as well.

What I would like is, if someone who has the broken shoulder, can you please take a pic of both the inside and the outside of the shoulder and post it here? I am only looking for pics of UNREPAIRED shoulders. I am interested in the actual break.

Thanks,

NB4M

*Thanks again, Bee (kiririth).

post-2246-1167887405_thumb.jpg

Edited by nightmareB4macross

THIRD UPDATE -

Well, just as I suspected, I can't use these parts. Sure I could recast these as the orginals but then, that wouldn't help us find the problem.

The elbow is now repaired and is working better than ever. There was no need for any major work nor the use of "Crazy Glue" or its counterparts. The little gem used for this repair was Plastruct Plastic Weld.

How I used it:

1. Studied parts prior to bonding.

2. Preassemble all the parts prior to bonding it together. In other words, "dry fitting".

3. Brushed a light coat over the affected area.

4. Immediately contact broken parts together. DO NOT TRY TO PEICE MORE THAN ONE PEICE AT A TIME!

5. Allow first contacted piece to set and dry while lightly squeezing into place.

6. Follow through with another peice just as you did in step #5. Be careful not to shift the first contacted part.

7. You might note a bit of plastic seeping from the jointed area. Lightly scape this with an exacto knife.

8. With ONE brush stroke apply a thin coat of Plastruct Plastic Weld over the jointed areas.

9. Allow ample time to dry.

10. Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly over the part. This helps the parts move with ease.

11. Relocate newly repaired part to perfom its normal function.

12. Finished and Enjoy. ;)

If there is anyone out there who has parts we all need please PM me.

***These pics are for you Bee. Your (other) girl is coming home. Just don't tell Caroline. ^_^

Thanks,

NB4M

post-2246-1167893813_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1167893825_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1167893848_thumb.jpg

Oh. Well then, dude, like eat a sandwich or something ya skinny freak :p

Well we did go to Island burgers but he just kepts repeating

What's this, what's this

it's very very queer!

And I'm like "You're a queer... STFU and eat already!"

wow!! thanks Alex!!!! i was gonna eventually figure out how to glue the arm back together, but i was hoping you could use the arms to help out the other members here....

I hope someone else steps up who has broken shoulders to donate, although i think people are having problems with both the Elbows and the shoulders... or maybe it was just me....

anyways... thanks again mate!

i only have a crack in one shouldr, and it isnt a severe crack. and its on the 0S.

Inf act its on the OS that had thepins fall out of the chest section when i first bought it. good toy really.

im honestly a bit afraid to take it apart, but i could send the whole plane Alex...

edit: Actually I cant. I glued mine closed as well. Sorry man.

Edited by Scream Man

i only have a crack in one shouldr, and it isnt a severe crack. and its on the 0S.

Inf act its on the OS that had thepins fall out of the chest section when i first bought it. good toy really.

im honestly a bit afraid to take it apart, but i could send the whole plane Alex...

edit: Actually I cant. I glued mine closed as well. Sorry man.

Don't worry guys. I'm working on these. I will do my best to find a solution. ^_^

Thank you all for your cooperation.

I'll post something later this week.

Man, Nighmare, i dont know how you gonna pull it out, but as soon as you are done, you are gonna be sooooo flooded with requests for this, i cant imagine how you can manage the amount of requests.

I have NO problems yet, but will buy 1 for vf-0a, and if you make it for vf-0s, i will buy on pair of those also.

I'm still working on it.

I've been having issues with my rubber mold material. The resin is not on it's best behavior, nor is the pigment. It's too cold in my workshop even with a space heater. The molds are soft for my taste. I already have the solution. Now it's up to the weather to cut me a break.

The arms will be slightly thicker, but not in areas where friction is involved. The critical areas where fissures first appeared should not be an issue.

***It appears breakage occurs due to overtightening the screw at the top of the shoulder. When the upper arm is assembled using the lower screw the part attaches fine with a bit of tension. Then, when you set the upper screw and tighten, a small rubber cap inside the upper arm is squeezed to much and the arm gives. Also there seems to be a very prominant parting line on the shoulder ball joint. By compressing the arm too much you actually bind the arm, which is fine, until you move it.

For those who have not broken the upper arm on your 0(s), you can remove the upper arm and do one of three things to help prevent a break:

1. Loosen the top screw on the upper arm.

2. Clean the seam line on the ball joint.

3. Cut a thin slice of the rubber cap located inside the upper arm.

;)