Yippy kay yay mother f@*#ers! LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD!

UN Spacy

C'mon, it's not difficult to be better than Die hard 2. That movie was a huge turkey IMO.

Graham

What do you mean? There was nothing wrong with DH2. I mean, planes with empty fuel tanks exploding in huge fireballs, passenger jets that don't have enough fuel for alternate airports so they have to keep circling the airport (a clear violation of air traffic laws), John McClain able to lift a grate supposedly strong enough to hold an aircraft. Nah, no problems there. :D

C'mon, it's not difficult to be better than Die hard 2. That movie was a huge turkey IMO.

Graham

I'm starting to question your taste in movies Graham. :wacko:

heh..

PG-13 Die Hard? Yippy Ki Ay "stinky poopy heads!"

Just like AvP smashing together two of the most beloved movie monsters of all time in a pg13 suck fest, this movie hopes to catch on the non-fans by dumbing the bloody hell out of the movie and making it

Die Hard 4: Fun for the Family.

pass with a capital ASS

Will they non-censor the dvd version though? I mean if the movie is good it might be worth buying the dvd of it and getting the proper version that way. In fact I believe they'd be able to make money selling the theatrical and uncut since now they have two things to milk people of. :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Oh i am sure he says it and the will be the only allowable F-word in the film. PG-13 movies are only allowed one, anything more than one whether it is two or three or more is an automatic rated R

motherf*er is.. uh.. sort of worth more "naughty" points than just f\/ck alone.

This is what happens when religious nuts get their grubby little fingers into other peoples busness

motherf*er is.. uh.. sort of worth more "naughty" points than just f\/ck alone.

This is what happens when religious nuts get their grubby little fingers into other peoples busness

Uh, religious nuts had nothing to do with it. It was a studio marketing decision. What a silly thing to say.

I gotta say this flick is JUST AS if not better than the previous three.

Seems as if the scale of each Die Hard flick keeps expanding on it's on. First one was in a skyscrapper. Let's make it bigger. Second one was at an airport. Let's make it bigger. Third one was in New York City. Let's make it bigger. Fourth one took place around the East Coast. WOW.

The action sequences moved around pretty smoothly and the plot was a lot more feasible in present day society. Bruce Willis kept the crowd very pleased and his PC guy sidekick wasn't THAT bad. Sure he wasn't a Samuel L. Jackson but he did well enough as a dorky computer hacker. Major props to the spunky hottie playing McClane's daughter. LOVED Live Free and Die Hard.

I'd definitely see this again. It's worth it just for the freeway chase scene.

I loved Die Hard 4.0. Felt abit like Swordfish with the whole hackers taking over everything bit. John Mclane as usual is walking disasterzone that's just Die Hard. Real awesome. Enjoyed from start to finish. While watching it, I felt like this was a sequel to "Unbreakable". :lol:

That scene with the F-35 was awesome....i hoped John would've pulled the pilot out and commandeered it for his own though. :(

I saw LFODH last weekend, and it surprisingly didn't suck. My only gripe, and this is potentially a large one depending on how you view the original movies, is that it wasn't really a Die Hard movie. A servicable action flick (with a shockingly rejuvenated Bruce Willis, like we haven't seen him since....well, Die Hard With A vengeance) but not really a Die Hard movie. Instead, it was like some teenager's impression of a DH movie, after he caught most of the originals on AMC while doing homework.

I don't know, I've seen all of the Die Hard flicks when they came out and it fit the role for me. My wife and I were very pleased with the movie (heck, she evens started clapping at impressive moments) and I'm starting the feel that the Die Hard franchise is one of the best action series out there, because it stays true to it's genre: the popcorn action movie.

Rock on Live Free or Die Hard!!! (and the daughter is hot)

After all these years, could anyone tell what does 'Yippy kay yay' means? Or if that is ok to say it in public?

It's just some often used lines for older American Western flicks, IIRC. Hans mentioned that in the first Die Hard, too (again, IIRC) with Americans, Cowboys, etc.

It's just some often used lines for older American Western flicks, IIRC. Hans mentioned that in the first Die Hard, too (again, IIRC) with Americans, Cowboys, etc.

I know it was used in the first die hard, but what does it mean?

I know it was used in the first die hard, but what does it mean?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yipeekiyay

yipeekiyay is a word used for exclaiming ones self satisfaction or ones release of energy through a positive, invigorating manor.

*jumps out of plane saddled on bomb* 'yipeekiyay!!!'

for a more historical answer:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yippie+ki-yay

Edited by eugimon

Hello,

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and felt that some of the stunts were definitely not realistic. But then again, I didn't pay to see a "realistic" movie in the first place. I paid to be entertained, which I was.

The week before I saw Transformers, and I recall that Starscream (bad guy) was a F-22 Raptor, but don't quote me as to whether that was the specific airplane. I also noticed that Optimus Prime (good guy) was a semi-truck. Both were in their typical vehicle roles.

I'm not sure if I'm the first one to mention this, but it seems to be very coincidental that Bruce Willis was driving a similar semi-truck (grey) with box car style trailor, and he was attacked by a F-22 Raptor, which he destroyed. It would be one thing if these two movies were released in different years, but the similarity/symbology is amazing. ^_^ They could have selected any other type of large vehicle, and/or different jets/helicopters.

Not only that, but Transformers featured a scene where Optimus Prime had a nice fight on a large freeway, and the same is true for Die Hard 4.0. I can't help wonder if this was deliberate, especially considering both movies were made by/in Hollywood, and movie details aren't difficult to come by.

My two cents,

Christopher B))

that was an f-35 JSF, not a 22. And many movies have had car chases with jets, on freeways. There's only so many places one can have a car chase. Unless you tell me that the semi mc clain was driving transformed, I think you're stretching here.

that was an f-35 JSF, not a 22. And many movies have had car chases with jets, on freeways. There's only so many places one can have a car chase. Unless you tell me that the semi mc clain was driving transformed, I think you're stretching here.

Agreed. Plus, having him attacked by a helicopter had already been done, and a AV-8 (?) Harrier was already used in True Lies. Why not use the F-35 JSF?

Not a stretch at all:

(2) movies released at almost the same time. Both feature the bad guy in new jets (F-22/F-35), and the good guy using almost identical semi-rigs, minus the paint scheme. They're are plenty of new trucks out, but they used the older style in both movies.

Cars chased by planes, yes. Big rig truck chased by a plane? Don't patronize me, I never suggested his truck could transform, and there are a lot of other roads to fight on, especially in the DC, Baltimore, Virginia area. I should know, because I lived there a long time.

I'm not comparing movies released (5) years or (1) year ago, and of course you can find similarities between a lot of movies. My suggestion doesn't diminish either movie, and I liked both of them. There's no need to go into a defensive status over my observation. It's not a debate, so let's agree to disagree.

Later. B))

Not a stretch at all:

(2) movies released at almost the same time. Both feature the bad guy in new jets (F-22/F-35), and the good guy using almost identical semi-rigs, minus the paint scheme. They're are plenty of new trucks out, but they used the older style in both movies.

Cars chased by planes, yes. Big rig truck chased by a plane? Don't patronize me, I never suggested his truck could transform, and there are a lot of other roads to fight on, especially in the DC, Baltimore, Virginia area. I should know, because I lived there a long time.

I'm not comparing movies released (5) years or (1) year ago, and of course you can find similarities between a lot of movies. My suggestion doesn't diminish either movie, and I liked both of them. There's no need to go into a defensive status over my observation. It's not a debate, so let's agree to disagree.

Later. B))

Who's being defensive here? I just stated that your attempts to draw parallels between the two movies has little basis.

1, transformers is going to have cars and trucks and planes it in it.

2. Prime does not fight starscream on the highways, he fights another big truck on the highway.

3. The roads in question are on opposite sides of the country. And the sequence in transformers where prime fights is pretty short, the majority of the fights happens in a city.

4. Starcream never hovers or shows any sort of VTOL action in fighter mode.

And what do you mean it's not a debate? Do you mean to say that your position is tenuous that you can't support it? Or do you mean that no one should counter you because your views are so insightful?

eugimon,

First of all, I'll respond to your (4) points, but anything further please feel free to PM or e-mail someone else who cares. Actually, I'll only respond to (2) of the (4) via this thread, because the other half aren't debatable. It's common sense that Transformers will have planes and vehicles in it, which renders your point completely moot. Anyone who's seen the movie is aware that Optimus Prime fought with another type of (military) truck on the freeway. I never claimed otherwise, so this point is also moot. You're batting average is pretty low so far.

3.) The location of the actually freeways utilized is irrelevant. I compared freeway to freeway fighting, not the specific location. To the casual American/foreign observer the freeway locations are very similar, afterall there isn't much variation in concrete overpasses/etc. I'll get the (2) movies on DVD and compare the total time for each scene, but what would that prove? I never suggested the amount of time spent on the respective scenes was similar, so it isn't pertinent to the points I initially raised.

4.) I can't find your point here. Obviously, different jets have different abilities. Once again, to the casual average American/foreign observer, the planes look very similar, especially considering they are both new versions and colored grey.

I don't mind discussing an issue, but I come to MW to enjoy myself, not get into petty little squabbles over my personal observations/speculations with complete strangers. My personal feelings/comments aren't subject to debate, because they are my opinion and no one will change them. Just because I posted my thoughts doesn't mean anyone has to ascribe to them. I'll be a member for (6) years in a few more months, and this website represents my love for a cartoon from my childhood, and I could care less whether you agree with me. I must be bored, because I can't believe I've wasted this much time just to indulge you with my "insightful" wisdom. :lol:

Second of all, perhaps you've heard this already, but apparently forgot that:

Arguing/debating on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard. :wacko: What's the prize for winning anyway? Absolutely nothing!

Lastly, you make assumptions as to why I don't consider this a debate. I've already explained myself, and it's your call if you still want to make an a** of yourself, but please leave me out of it. After all, if you assume, you make an a** out of you and me. :rolleyes:

Best wishes,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

Watched DH4.0 with a friend to blow off steam... it was a good flick but not fantastic. I DID wish the ending wasn't so predictable, though i.e.

The FBI HRT arrives 'too late' to contribute anything to the stand off. Wouldn't it be cool to actually have the HRT deploy and duke it out with the baddies for once? Afterall, the way the script went, the FBI came out looking more professional than the NSA and FEMA or whatever the other flunky official came from :-)