• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amiami just put up the 1/24 Command Vehicles re-release preorders!!!!
They're both the plastic model and the pre-painted model.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TOY-SCL2-06176-S001&page=top
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-3721&page=top

Anyone here able to advise what's the difference? The description mentions the figures in the plastic kit are pre-painted as well.

Kit is being released in June, in July they will release the assembled and painted version.

Be warned the assembled release is nearly double the price if the kit.

My guess is the figures are pre-painted for both releases.

HLJ takes preorders for both versions.

HTH.

Edited by CrazyDude

Kinda in a dilemma over which to get.

I have crappy modelling skills. All I've ever built were some kotobukiya and Gundam kits. (not to mention I've never built a model of a car before, or anything from this manufacturer). Also it seems we're not too sure about whether the human figures will be painted on the pre-assembled kit or not, though so far most description points to a yes.

Aside from that, I'm wondering if there are any other differences.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that pricing is ridiculous. I recently got a spare unit 1 at 26,250Yen before shipping and handling.

I guess the new live action series is sparking renewed interest in the Yamato 1/24s (which are arguable the best Ingrams in toy form).

To date, the ones I have still remain my most favourite pieces in my collection.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Might be of interest to some.

Noticed on HLJ that Bandai is reissuing their 1/60 range of Patlabor kits in August.

Hope the sorted the Problem with the rubber parts as in previous kits they tended to weaken the internal frames.

• 2 weeks later...

AV-98 Ingram from The Next Generation Patlabor Updated 1/48 scale mmmmmmmm!!! Why no 1/60. why!!!

The Next Generation Patlabor is a live action sequel to the original anime series that is currently screening in theaters all over Japan. Taking place years after the original, the venerable AV-98 Ingram has been reborn as a makeshift unit cobbled together from spare parts. Bandai is making a 1/48 scale model kit of this new Patrol Labor! Coming September 2014 for 3,000 yen.

tngingrampage.jpg

more pics here.

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/63014/av98_ingram_next_generation_patlabor_updated

Edited by MILKAUTICO

Because labors aren't that tall, they'd be absolutely puny at 1/60th scale.

Yup. If memory serves me at 1/60 scale the Ingram would only come up to just above a Tomahawk Destroids waist.

just checked MAHQ and there is roughly a 14 foot height difference between the two.

Edited by renegadeleader1