Yes, the CMs Pickel-Kun is technically too large for the Revoltech Ingrams --- but its all the more menacing that way...

Here are the original photo and photoshopped version. Only spent about 25 minutes photoshopping and liked the effect:

post-8486-0-70554300-1340394667_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-54183200-1340394741_thumb.jpg

The Hot Wheels command cars go great as well. They are diecast, high quality, high fun. I got mine for $10 each but here's one for only $18:

http://www.ebay.com/...1#ht_2182wt_759

• 1 month later...

Wahaha! Ohta's psycho face looks hilarious! Kinda makes me wish I scored a Unit 2 when they were on sale at HLJ.

C'mon Yamato. Make a 1/24 Griffon Flight Version already!

Edited by mass driver

GREAT PICS - ! Excellent post.

That must be the completed command car, not kit. It has an extra figure I see, is that supposed to be their chief?

Can you post a better pic of that figure? Does not look like Goto to me.

And where did you get a completed command car? I want one. Don't say there are no more!

I've got one and the white parts are painted. The goto is so so. I can see the likeness sort off but there's only so much you can do with a figure that small. I'm glad I got it though. It really goes well with the Yamato pat labors. I'll post alink if I find one.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

HELP! You Yamato Ingram owners!

Finally got my mitts on the scarce Unit 2 - stunned at the opening, so many good things to say.

But I have to have my fears calmed about a few issues first but I can enjoy myself here.

ANKLES? Too LOOSE! Why aren't they CLICKY or tight or better?!? Can these be tightened? Can I just pull the foot off? I'm pretty afraid of trying without checking around first.

And the inner calves - why does it seem like they want to pop out like the outer parts? Mine are too loose, thus making the ankle guard shin guard thing almost come off.

And while still on the ankles, I looked for a place to attach the pistons and there are none - right? These just dangle?

I don't mind the neck ones dangling, but I do not like these ankles on this guy at all so far.

It is a stunning piece - stunning, but I'm a little put off right now...

honestly, they're looser than I would like but not loose enough where it's an issue. But I don't see an easy way to get to it though to ball joint. I think those rubber treads on the bottom of the feet are hiding some of the screws holding it together.

Got Ohta in the cockpit. Like the detail in there and the moving levers.

But when I push him up so his head is peaking out there is no click into place.

The whole chair assembly keeps sliding back down. I want to put something under the chair to prop it up, but the lower door hinge needs that space when closing.

And hate the neck pistons now. Any movement and the ends can fall into the drivers area, showing you they are non-working, floppy fakes.

And the leather-like flaps there have a serious curl and will not fall nicely and cooperate.

Articulated fingers too loose. Right ankle guard popped off again.

Materials and sculpt are simply incredible though - don't want to sound too much like a negative nelly...

Edited by DarrinG

Did you get a used toy? Because mine didn't have that many problem. My pilot seat also slide down, but other than that - there weren't any issue.

The feet and ankle are double action as you can pull down to loosen it and push up once to set it in a pose.

post-186-0-62706100-1359403590_thumb.jpg

Well, compare to your first unit - is it similar? or the 2nd unit is not as tight? I've never took apart the foot and ankle section of my figures - so I don't really know what the mechanism is like. Other way I can describe it is - the feet works the same way as your VF-25's except that the labors have mre range of motions.

You mean Yamato 1/24th I think.

I would be in for a 1/24th Type Zero and Helldiver.

Speaking of 1/24th - Pit Road made their Command Car and figures a bit too large.

The Yamato Ohta pilot figure of Unit 2 is half the size of the standing female officer with pistol...

Edited by DarrinG

I saw a YouTube review of the CLAT version, and he took out the female pilot and placed her in a 1/24 model car he had and the fit was perfect. But I guess Ohta being a burly man should be larger than her.

Still - If I could reduce the Pit Road CC and figs 10% in size I would... Here is the current team waiting for their Command Car to be finished...

post-8486-0-39471400-1359646273_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I am seriously stunned that not one toy manufacturer nor Sunrise/Bandai/Production IG are doing ANYTHING to commemorate the 25th Anniversary. I really expected to see something at Wonderfest, though there were some very nice looking garage kits that I'll most likely never be able to track down nor have the skill to properly assemble and paint, but otherwise....just nothing. The first OVA series ever to be successful enough to turn into a TV series and no one is even taking note of the anniversary that's all of two months away. I thought maybe Wave, Yamato, or Koto would at least do some reissues with the Anniversary Logo stickered on the box (ala the Macross 30th) or maybe even a new toy (SOC Ingram or more Yamato 1/24s). I know it's not Macross but damn...in fact now that i think about it in many ways it is a much better series than Macross given that the quality of all the shows/movies/ovas were consistently good (except maybe Movie 3 which fell apart a bit at the end). You look at Macross and it's complete hit (SDF/Plus/Frontier) or complete miss (MII/M7)...what a shame that such a great series' only notice is that one of ADV's new companies is reissuing the 1st OVA series in the US though not even playing up the Anniversary aspect of the release. Bummer, guess I'll have to break down and pay those inflated prices for a Helldiver WHAM and Revo since no one gives a damn anymore about this great series...

• 1 month later...

So is this what they often call the "Early Years" OVAs ??

I'm in - have never seen them.

Yup it's the first set of OVA's, I like them quite a bit. There's some silly eps, some semi serious eps and two deadly serious eps which are my favorites.

I think the OP you posted was actually from the TV show, here's the OVA OP.

wish i would've gotten a YAMATO ALPHONSE CUSTOM back when they first hit market.

today i'd probably only get one if i had an organ or three to sell... :(

Yeah I wish I got in on them back in the day too, now they are $650 to $700 new.

Love both of those openings. On the 'Early Years' one, am I right in seeing Noa start out with black hair - then it changes to red?

The one I posted above must be from the TV show, but it does not match the one from the America release DVDs...

Yeah I'm not too sure why she starts out with black hair in the opening, maybe its a nod to the manga?