1/48 GBP

izzyfcuk

I never heard about that meteor buster and I don't read Japanese :( Is it possible that that thing just won a magazine contest as a fan-made custom? It definitley looks like a custom to me, it's hard to imagine they made a bunch of them and gave them out as prizes. I understand the black CC Valk, 'cause it was just molded and assembled all black... this thing looks like quite a bit of work.

I'm with you on that assumption Jenius. There are 3 three credit card valk in the world and all a MW knows about them. If 16 or 20 of these Meteor Busters were in existence we would definitely know about them.

I tried looking up that thread but i can't seem to find it. I'll have to look deeper i guess. I can only vaguely remember what i read, but i know that i got that image from here and that i also read about it only here. I really don't think it was a custom, i really thought i read that there were a certain number allotted to the magazine to give out as prizes and that the paint scheme was designed by Shoji himself? I'm not trying to come up with this as i go along just trying to remember what i read. I'm sure somebody else remembers this?

I tried looking up that thread but i can't seem to find it. I'll have to look deeper i guess. I can only vaguely remember what i read, but i know that i got that image from here and that i also read about it only here. I really don't think it was a custom, i really thought i read that there were a certain number allotted to the magazine to give out as prizes and that the paint scheme was designed by Shoji himself? I'm not trying to come up with this as i go along just trying to remember what i read. I'm sure somebody else remembers this?

Found the thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...c=10344&hl=

Correction looks like there's only one in existence. 7th post down by Graham.

You know as the OP David Hingtgen put it in the title thread, i think this new GBP design would actually go pretty nicely with the Meteor Busters paint scheme. Since i'm at work i don't have a pic, but from what i remember i think it would be a nearly perfect fit. Too bad none of us actually own one... at least an original that is. <_<

EDIT:

Forgot i had it in my photobucket album. Hmm, that doesn't exactly fit like i thought it would. I thought i remember it being light gray throughout in valk mode, ahh well. :mellow:

Damn that's a cool paint scheme!

Edited by Wicked Ace

Ah. I don't know about you, but I'm still trying to decide if I'm: 1.) trying to prove a point; 2.) draw attention to myself; or 3.) trying to pad my post count. :D

That first part was actually directed at AreaSeven since he usually just tells ppl. to stop quoting pics, but he took it upon himself to requote the pics which he's never done before as far as i know. He's deleted the requotes though so that's fine.

The second part was directed at everyone heh, i really didn't need to see 3 of the same picture on every page. I don't really mind well ppl. pic. quote from a page before, but otherwise it can get annoying. It looks like everyone got the message.

So which picture is right? The one with or without the green? GRAHAM, inquiring minds want to know... and want to hear NO Green.

Honestly though, after getting the GBPII I thought it was entirely too plain looking and that the Lime green everyone complained about in pictures (including myself) actually might have helped.

The Yamato pics doesn't really look any different from the pics on the first page. All the colors look to be the same. Must be just the lighting. Still looks good to me, because I'm impress with the somewhat complicated paint scheme. Lets face it, they could of just gave us a simple boring repaint, but instead they made it look like a cool customized work.