1/48 GBP

izzyfcuk

Please guys, tell where the difference is cause I see the same three colors and the same cammo. Only the green appears to be darker but that's just the lighting

I have a gi-normous and relatively expensive monitor that has the colors set a bit on the bright side... you can definitely make out clear differences from Version 1 to Version 2. It's possible that Version 1 does have a touch of green we just can't see because of the lighting but Version 2 definitely has a much more pronounced use of green... especially on that back missile/booster boom I mentioned earlier. It is clearly gray in Version 1 and green in Version 2.

Is it just me or did they change the color of the shoulder missile pod covers as well? From gray to almost white? I can't tell 100% because the covers are open in the second pic., but they def. look lighter.

I see that too but I don't think we have good enough shots to judge. Ya know, if this were a new product I'd say it was the differences of going from resin to plastic... but I imagine both of these are purely plastic.

Edited by jenius

i was just chatting to Shadower about it, and he said u can see the green on the hip in the early pics as well. having a look myself, I think he's right. The units right hip has a greenish tint to it, and i think sdo does the let rocket on the back. Its lighter and could be mistaken for grey uin the light, but the more I look, the more I think it was always green...

IPB Image

IPB Image

That thing is gray. Look, that back missile boom isn't even the same color gray as the stuff that is now green off to the side. MAYBE the side of the valk was green and it was just the light, that back boom was definitely gray.

Edited by jenius

Hmm, they're some funny lighting effect going on all right. Look at the chest doors, they look more saturated in the production shots as well. The shoulder missile covers, could be white, if you compare them with the Valk's arms. If they were light gray they'd look much better.

I'ts funny how the light on the first picture shows us the perfect color scheme wereas the production shots, don't. :(

Hmm, they're some funny lighting effect going on all right. Look at the chest doors, they look more saturated in the production shots as well. The shoulder missile covers, could be white, if you compare them with the Valk's arms. If they were light gray they'd look much better.

I'ts funny how the light on the first picture shows us the perfect color scheme wereas the production shots, don't. :(

I hear yah i'm really hoping the GBP we end up getting is closer to the first set of pics... otherwise it looks like this one's going to be a shelf warmer IMO.

the colors are defenatly different, but I'm going to play the optimist and say that the pics of the actual toy are what the production will be like and the offical shots are of an older version. (it turned out that way on the VF-0A, why not here)

I'm starting to think there never was any green but, rather, a gray that appears greenish under certain lighting conditions. At least, that's what I'm hoping :)

I really wish they had released a VF-1 repaint that more fit this new color scheme. However, the more pictures I see, the better it's starting to look on the Hikaru 1J

Looks to me that there's funny lighting in all these different pics! I would say that the picture that looks really green is an exagerration of the colors, the picture from the show mutes the colors, and the latest advertisement is probably the best representation we have so far.

I still want to know why this GBP reflects BOTH ARMD-1 and Prometheus (chest vs. knee). The original concept was entirely from Prometheus, I don't know why Yamato felt the need to change it.

I still want to know why this GBP reflects BOTH ARMD-1 and Prometheus (chest vs. knee). The original concept was entirely from Prometheus, I don't know why Yamato felt the need to change it.

I agree. Also, the artwork on the leg looked much better on the original custom. It was more interesting than the big text on the Yamato release

Hmm, i was just looking at that pic. that chowyunskinny posted up and the ad actually states on the upper right corner that the GBP is called low visibility city urban color. Interesting. Think another valk is on the way?... It would make sense for them to release the valk first before the GBP... but yah never know.

Edited by Veritas

Well, the third option is a standard GBP (just on a max valk) no? I already own it.

IPB Image

The other two I'd probably buy... if valks were made to go with them... and I don't wanna put my Miria valk in a special GBP 'cause that'd defeat the purpose of my Miria TV Armor. The green and yellow GBP could work on just about everything but I already own a green GBP :(

Yeah i don't think i'd be buying the Max version either unless it's really something different, maybe a Miria, but now that i think about it i'd have to scrounge up the cash to buy another Max and Miria set and with the prices they're commanding nowadays i don't think that's a viable option. <_< The Green and Yellow maybe, i'd really have to get a better look before i made a desicion on that.

Edited by Veritas

I'm looking forward to the newest version and

yeah i might buy the gbp green and yellow

but the others i dont know maybe if they

offered the Max and Milia again...maybe

I haven't even gotten the woodland yet so...

i think the colors on that Max box are a bit deceptive...i guess what I meant was a GBP set color matched to Max's 1J

Speaking of which i think this would help mate:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

If the Max looked like you're describing and the above, than i would def. have to consider picking one up... that is only if they re-released max and miria, otherwise i'd have to sell a kidney to finance such a purchase. :o

Edited by Veritas

You know i was thinking about what current valks we have that could go well with the new GBP and i think Roy's VF-1S might just do nicely to be put in there. Anyone good with photoshop that could whip that up real fast?

:D

Why is Milia's 1J white with a blue head stripe?

Why is her uniform mainly white and not purple? :huh::lol:

Yeah it's weird for some reason a lot of the old model kits got their colors wrong. Check this Arii Box with Focker in all red:

[attachmentid=38609]

Speaking of which i think this would help mate:

If the Max looked like you're describing and the above, than i would def. have to consider picking one up... that is only if they re-released max and miria, otherwise i'd have to sell a kidney to finance such a purchase. :o

Nice Veritas, yes that's what I meant by the Max color

You know i was thinking about what current valks we have that could go well with the new GBP and i think Roy's VF-1S might just do nicely to be put in there.

Agreed!

Will you all stop giving Yamato ideas for even more repaints?! I can't keep up anymore!!! :lol:

Sorry! But c'mon like they don't already have some other non canon schemes up their sleeves, remember what Graham said about the next two years?

post-515-1165080685_thumb.jpg

Sorry! But c'mon like they don't already have some other non canon schemes up their sleeves, remember what Graham said about the next two years?

If repaints of existing toys are Graham's definition of "cool stuff", then I am sorely disappointed.