1/48 GBP

izzyfcuk

See the Ghost on the right?

So this is what was blurred out on the pics in the YF-19 and Ghost threads.

Looking very nice. If they release it around juli of next year I'll get it. Don't have the cash right now.

EDIT* And the Ghost has the same color scheme as the GBP. It hasn't been released yet and already there's more than one colorscheme. <_<

Edited by Dante74

This is going to sound insane but I really think they're going to need to release more VF-1s in 1/48 scale because I think all of mine have armor of some sort already attached. Either that or I'm going to have to break down and buy a DYRL paint scheme 1/48 (boo!).

1) Hikaru - GBP

2) Focker - Hikaru's TV Fast Packs

3) Max - TV Fast Packs

4) Miria - TV Fast Packs

5) CF - DYRL Strike Parts

6) Stealth - Stealth Strike Parts

7) LVII - LVII GBP

8) LVI??? Well, I guess this GBP *could* go on the LVI but I like my LVI naked!

You know what they should do??? They should release a Gray Focker TV-Stlye VF-1S to go with this GBP!

This is a weird release. While I like the color scheme, I can't think of any of the existing valks that this will look good on except maybe the Low Vis I which I don't have. It doesn't look very good on that Hikaru 1J (IMHO). Perhaps another non-canon valk is on its way, but wouldn't they release the valk before the armor or at least at the same time? Yamato really has me scratching my head on this one.

This is going to sound insane but I really think they're going to need to release more VF-1s in 1/48 scale because I think all of mine have armor of some sort already attached. Either that or I'm going to have to break down and buy a DYRL paint scheme 1/48 (boo!).

1) Hikaru - GBP

3) Max - TV Fast Packs

4) Miria - TV Fast Packs

7) LVII - LVII GBP

You know what they should do??? They should release a Gray Focker TV-Stlye VF-1S to go with this GBP!

Great spread.

Can always try to pick up a DYRL on ebay for $80... or move the Stealth Strike Parts to the LV1 and the new GBP on the Stealth.

Edited by Fly4victory

Great spread.

Can always try to pick up a DYRL on ebay for $80... or move the Stealth Strike Parts to the LV1 and the new GBP on the Stealth.

Thanks! You know, I forgot I also have the VF-1A Angelbirds and that's sitting naked at the moment as well... I think that thing looks better nekked though too! Man, I really hope we're about to hear about a new VF-1 Release (crossing fingers for gray TV Focker VF-1S)

Man, I really hope we're about to hear about a new VF-1 Release (crossing fingers for gray TV Focker VF-1S)

I, too, am hoping for a new VF-1S. However, I'm actually hoping for one that is non-canon and matches this new GBP. I wonder how the Stealth 1J would look in this armor...

as much as i like it, its gonna be $100 and i'd rather save my money for brand new toys(19, 11B, 21) than just another repainted armor kit.

I think that's very wise of you. If I had to choose between the LVII armor and this armor though I would definitely go with this armor. While this armor doesn't quite look like it'd go great with any particular valk the LVII armor actually seems to clash with some VF-1s. Basically, if you don't have an LVII or you don't really dig the way the GBPII looks on a stealth, there's just really no good reason to get the GBPII armor.

The problem with the Stealth in this armor would be the hands. IMHO the hands have to match the valk inside. If the hands are gray or white they won't go with a black stealth well. Has someone made black GBP hands yet for Stealth owners? I think they should make a black GBP at some point to go with the Stealth 'cause it'd also look sharp on all the white DYRL paint schemes.

While I do prefer canon schemes to non-canon, I would be more than happy to buy a VF-1S in a non-canon scheme that pairs well with this offering.

I think that's very wise of you. If I had to choose between the LVII armor and this armor though I would definitely go with this armor. While this armor doesn't quite look like it'd go great with any particular valk the LVII armor actually seems to clash with some VF-1s. Basically, if you don't have an LVII or you don't really dig the way the GBPII looks on a stealth, there's just really no good reason to get the GBPII armor.

The problem with the Stealth in this armor would be the hands. IMHO the hands have to match the valk inside. If the hands are gray or white they won't go with a black stealth well. Has someone made black GBP hands yet for Stealth owners? I think they should make a black GBP at some point to go with the Stealth 'cause it'd also look sharp on all the white DYRL paint schemes.

While I do prefer canon schemes to non-canon, I would be more than happy to buy a VF-1S in a non-canon scheme that pairs well with this offering.

i agree the correct colored hands make a big difference considering most of the valk itself is cover up. the hands which are exposed and very visible need to blend in with the armor, not stand out like a sore thumb....much like the white forearms if you equip a CF with the camo GBP.

i never understood the LVII or the camo GBP armor? i mean whats the point of putting it on when it covers all the camo which makes the valk unique?

the same goes for this new GBP armor, whats the point of putting on a LV1(what a total waste) when you won't be able to see the paint apps(smudges) underneath it? even if you slapped it on the stealth, you'll see the black J head and black biceps but thats really it and again, it just covers up everything that makes the valk unique.

i guess i could say that about the blue GBP but atleast that one is canon and being that the 1J is the 1J, i could justify owning 2 of them but i'm not buying another stealth and i damn sure ain't buying another LV1 just to accommidate this armor.

so far its a nay but i'm talking bulldroppings here, we'll see what happens if/when i get my christmas bonus. :D

Does Yamato at least give credit to the original artist when they do these fan-creation-to-mass-market releases? Just curious. Since I don't read/speak Japanese, I wouldn't know if they do or don't.

Also, since the fan version and the Yamato version are both shown with a standard Hikaru 1J, I'm guessing we won't be getting a new valk to go with this armor?

Yamato is apparently confused or they're making it with two different stick sets. Note that Yamato changed the original from a Prometheus held GBP to an ARMD-1 GBP. Unfortunately, Yamato still has a Prometheus sticker on the GBP's knee. Also, the Prometheus sticker looks cooler on the leg than the ARMD-1 does. Very odd...

I think Yamato's take on the fan made custom is really solid. The only reason I can tell (other than the stickers) the fan made one looks way better is because it has a wash and some weathering.

Edited by jenius

1) Hikaru - GBP

3) Max - TV Fast Packs

4) Miria - TV Fast Packs

7) LVII - LVII GBP

Indeed thanks YAMATO for giving our valks extra clothing! LOL

Maybe they'll make an Enigma scheme VF-1 to go with it.

I was actually thinking it looked Enigma-ish. I'm now of the opinion that Yamato won't be releasing a new VF-1 for this GBP though. For one, it makes no sense to reveal the armor before the valk that it is designed for. Second, the original fan-made custom was also mounted on a Hikaru 1J. It doesn't mean Yamato won't or can't design a valk to accompany this armor, I just doubt they will.

That fanmade custom looks a LOT better than the Yamato. :blink:

yah, well it's an airbrushed custom with weathering and the works~ of course it is... :D

that said though, yamato's effort looks good too.

too bad it's still too expensive and it's still as big as a sumo suit...

Oh yes, it will be mine. I've been waiting for something like this. Looks great. I have a feeling there will be tons of different GBP repaints. This is one cow that yamato will milk until the nipples get sore. Wait, do cows have nipples, or are they utters? Anyways, I don't blame them, the 1/48 scale GBP is a very well designed accessory.

I might get this, as i have NO GBPs and i like the darker colors. But i hope the make a low vis vf-1s, that is what i really want. I have the stealth and the vf-0a, and they look amazing. Want more stuff like that for my collection. Too bad low vis 1 is too expensive.