flexistands, which size is best?

CdnShockwave

Having the different sizes is a plus. You can combine and adjust to

your Valk's posing needs. Also if you want to display you Valks in

flight your gonna want the different heights so that the Valks are not

bumping into one another and that way they're not all in one straight line.

i'd say just get 1 of each or better yet get 2 each, 3 stands just isn't enough. :D

E-D,

6" rule! you can display your valks DYRL steeze with the 6" stands...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=10281

Da-yam! :blink: I would never have thought to pose the Valks in that way.

BTW, has anyone ever tried posing their VF-1J Hik' in that infamous pose at the end of the opening credits?

how's the stability of these stands? are they able to hold the valk without toppling em over when an earthquake with the degree of 3.0 scalar richter happens?

just kiddin.

anyway, are those rubber tips at the end of the rods tack enough to hold the valks without sliding em off of the tips? Im getting mine prollly in 2 day's time...just cant wait to pose my LV II with it. Now Im regretting letting go one of my VF-0S's...would have been nice if I can display one in fighter mode using flexi display and the other in battroid mode next to it....

i'd say just get 1 of each or better yet get 2 each, 3 stands just isn't enough. :D

E-D,

6" rule! you can display your valks DYRL steeze with the 6" stands...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=10281

my area is hella dusty! I can't leave anything that precious out in the open like that. still glad i got all of them tho...just in case in the future my display case becomes the size of my wall...i can use those no prob! heh

Anyone else selling the flexi stands other than LOS?

Please can someone provide a link for me? I try again an see if i can find them on the boards..

:edit:

ahh found em ! ! !. :D

Los is the only person selling them. You can get them at http://www.laftoys.com

Los is a great guy with excellent customer service. I highly recommend. After seeing some of those pics I now need to get the small stand so I can mix and match some of the arms.

guys...I think I need help here...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

It turns out that one of the stand that I traded for my Yamato stand isnt as nice as I expected them to be. The supposedly transparent stand are smudgy on almost every surface of the stand...even on the rod ! ... (see attached pic).. <_<

has anyone encounter this problem before? Will dipping in future floor polish help? like WM chen did with the canopy? & thanks in advance for any help.

When I got the stand, (which are already blurry as in the picures <_< ), I tried to wash the blur out using water. Being unsuccessful on my first attempt, I tried using the green sponge :rolleyes: , the one used to scratch tough stains, and guess what...the base become even more blurry than ever!. Luckily I didnt scratch all the other parts as well.... :)

I also realized that the blur are somekind of an oxidation on the surfaces of the arcylics which can be removed by abrading the surfaces with cloth, which I tried on the rods and the small round plate. now, my rods and plate are sitting in the box, waiting for the base to be masked with clear coating tomorrow morning....wish me luck!... <_<

Edited by aaajin

I wish Los would start making the circular base stands :(

I have several of the square base, and I just don't think they look as good as the circular bases.

Wasn't there some concern about the round bases being less stable than the square ones, specially with 6" rods? But I too would like to get a few round ones as they display better due to the absence of corners.

@chowyunskinny: Those are both great ideas (I think TMP did A La Carte rod selection when they carried these stands). I think that clear silicone end caps would be a great improvement too, since they would look nicer and completely eliminate the tendency for leaving a spot of residue that the black ones have.

Edited by mechaninac

The old owner and I have talked about bringing back the round bases, but like mentioned above the round base is not as stable as the square base. That is something that is on our plate for next year since we have to redesign the round base.

Stands Ala Carte we heavily considering. We are also reviewing the possiblity of selling individual parts too. Both ideas were discussed for next year, but perhaps we can do a small run of Stands Ala Carte for the Holiday season. I'll look into that next week.

Clear Silicone end caps? Good idea, I'll check into it.

The old owner and I have talked about bringing back the round bases, but like mentioned above the round base is not as stable as the square base. That is something that is on our plate for next year since we have to redesign the round base.

the round base doesn't need to be redesigned at all.

it would work just fine if the rubber nubs were placed on correctly at the factory, most of them were placed on by a blind man. a simple solution to this is to let the consumer apply his own rubber nubs instead of the factory and it would probably bring your cost down as well.

When I got the stand, (which are already blurry as in the picures <_< ), I tried to wash the blur out using water. Being unsuccessful on my first attempt, I tried using the green sponge :rolleyes: , the one used to scratch tough stains, and guess what...the base become even more blurry than ever!. Luckily I didnt scratch all the other parts as well.... :)

I also realized that the blur are somekind of an oxidation on the surfaces of the arcylics which can be removed by abrading the surfaces with cloth, which I tried on the rods and the small round plate. now, my rods and plate are sitting in the box, waiting for the base to be masked with clear coating tomorrow morning....wish me luck!... <_<

its sucks when someone isn't forthcoming with details during a trade doesn't it? we'll just leave that one alone....

as far as a solution for scratches, you can buff it out with Brasso.

i know it will work because people polish their scratched CD's with it....i posted a link some time ago on the site.

If the circular base stands are unstable, couldn't the circular base be made larger?

they're unstable because of the rubber nubs/feet(i don't know what to call them)elevate the base which makes it rock back and forth....depending on how blind the guy who put them on was.

if you simply remove the rubber nubs/feet, they're just as stable as the squares. only problem is, the bottom of the base will get scratched up over time. so no one has to really redesign them, just make it so people have the option of putting on the rubber nubs/feet, otherwise get thinner feet.

as far as people wanting seperate rods,

i purchased a bunch of 4" and 6" rods by themselves way back when in case i/someone broke theirs, so if you need some, just shoot me a PM and i'll hook it up.

please note, i don't have any 2.5" rods left but what you can do is simply buy the other sizes and cut them down yourself, its actually quite simple to do.

Edited by haterist

they're unstable because of the rubber nubs/feet(i don't know what to call them)elevate the base which makes it rock back and forth....depending on how blind the guy who put them on was.

if you simply remove the rubber nubs/feet, they're just as stable as the squares. only problem is, the bottom of the base will get scratched up over time. so no one has to really redesign them, just make it so people have the option of putting on the rubber nubs/feet, otherwise get thinner feet.

I have never seen a round base stand in person, only in pictures. So I am not sure if we need to make the base bigger or use different nubs. Hopefully whatever the fix is, it is afforadable. The price of manufacturing stands has doubled since the old owner was in business!

I have both, and haterist is correct that it is the number/placement and thickness of nubs that make the circular base unstable. By giving the purchaser the option of putting on thinner pads and more of them (at least 5 or 6 rather than 3 or 4), the base should be fine for a fastpacked 1/48. Also keep the pads flat, rather than rounded.