Japanese intros for 90's X-MEN series!

X-MEN was broadcast in Japan and they change the intro twice. The quality is sooooooooooo superior I don't believe Marvel didn't hire these guys to do an animated movie. Ohhhhhhhhh well here ya go:

The first was shown in the U.S. but at the end of the syndicated shows (?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPY2BfgRgRQ

The second is better than the first. It has Apocalypse, Iceman, Sentinels, and even the Phalanx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVMTBWPUCSk

I prefer this intro from the original Xmen cartoon pilot from the 80s - "Pryde of the Xmen" - much more classic for my taste. Just as good as when the Xmen guest starred on Spiderman and his Spiderfriends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNgX3wnj-uk

I remember that too (The Spiderman show). I used to like that show when I was a kid.

Edited by Gaijin

I prefer this intro from the original Xmen cartoon pilot from the 80s - "Pryde of the Xmen" - much more classic for my taste. Just as good as when the Xmen guest starred on Spiderman and his Spiderfriends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNgX3wnj-uk

haven't seen that in a long time, personaly I perfered the mid 90's X-men on Fox (feals like such a long time.)

the intro music was so cool http://youtube.com/watch?v=ltZWmJFHxlI

I prefer this intro from the original Xmen cartoon pilot from the 80s - "Pryde of the Xmen

Did they ever do more than one episode of that? I remember seeing that one week, and a super-aweful robocop cartoon the next week (also apparently only 1 episode), then re-runs of them, and nothing after that.

God, and there was also a one episode Bubsy cartoon a few years after that....

That's freaking sweet! I do remember watching the Japan intro in the end of the Syndicated X-men series (After it was cancled on Foxkids). Too bad the freaking credits rolled over the awesome anime goodness. :angry:

So who are the aliens? I don't remember them.

the brood, alien knock-offs... they infect a host and then the host gets turned into one of them, i think they also take on the powers or abilities of the person they infect. they pop up in the comics every now and then, they showed up during jim lee's run on the x-men.

Did they ever do more than one episode of that? I remember seeing that one week, and a super-aweful robocop cartoon the next week (also apparently only 1 episode), then re-runs of them, and nothing after that.

God, and there was also a one episode Bubsy cartoon a few years after that....

It was an unsold pilot that's why there was not a 2nd episode to "Pryde of the X-MEN".

the brood, alien knock-offs... they infect a host and then the host gets turned into one of them, i think they also take on the powers or abilities of the person they infect. they pop up in the comics every now and then, they showed up during jim lee's run on the x-men.

The Brood originally showed up back in the day when the Starjammers first appeared. Somewhere around issue 107-110. They were bad ass species killers.

That storyarc also introduced Ms Marvel in her powered up Binary form, the Sidri(sp?)iirc robotic hunter/killers, Ascanti, Lockheed the dragon, Shi'ar, Deathbird....etc.

Japanese animated intro: A+

Japanese musical score: F

Was never a fan of the X-Men animated series, but the original music for the intro was great. THose j-rock tracks were awful. But if they would have kept the original music and animated it with the japanese artists, I'd have owned every DVD of that series by now :)

Edited by Mr March

Ahh, that was back from the days when X-men was still worth reading and collecting (my XM/UXM collection runs from about Ish 90-350 or so... when they started doing the whole "artist of the week" thing as they tried to find their new way, it really upset me. All through the 1980s and into the early 1990s (when they started up a new (just) "X-men" line) Those were the days worth reading! The Artwork was consistent from one issue to the next, everything just gelled really well I thought.

it was the obilgatory English statements in a japanese intro that has no relation to the song. What, you never seen the Macross opening?

Ha, reminds me of the "Protect my balls" and "Let's fighting love!" lines from the Fun with Weapons episode of South Park.