Graham's Sig

EXO

Guys, didnt this get Graham get trouble in the first place? I mean seriously, if Graham spilled the beans, Yamato would not be happy and cut him off like the last time. No offense, but there are better things to worry about. Just look at the Yankee's pitcher who bit the dust.

Just sit back and relax. Let the good times roll. If Graham is right, this is good time for us Macross fans. Take it as it goes.

Guys, didnt this get Graham get trouble in the first place? I mean seriously, if Graham spilled the beans, Yamato would not be happy and cut him off like the last time. No offense, but there are better things to worry about. Just look at the Yankee's pitcher who bit the dust.

Just sit back and relax. Let the good times roll. If Graham is right, this is good time for us Macross fans. Take it as it goes.

it's suppose to be a pool. You guys guess what it is and when it comes out... and you get free internet for a month courtesy of Godzilla!

So quit trying to ruin the fun you old man!!!

I really, really, really hope it's a 1/48 VF-4....

Anyone think Yamato will only use the 1/48 scale for the VF-1 line?

IMHO I think every new mold should be 1/60 (sans the Macross IF they make one).

Edited by UN Spacy

Anyone think Yamato will only use the 1/48 scale for the VF-1 line?

It is starting to look that way isn't it? I guess that's okay though, even though they may not be quite as nice as the 1/48's, there are quite a few 1/60 VF-1's for those who like to have all of their stuff to scale

I think Exo made a comment a while back that I agree with about yamato and scales...

That they'll make it as big as they can as long as they don't exceed the price limit of their fans by much, or take a hit in their profit margin per valk...

More than them sticking with the 1/60 scale, I think they're sticking with the 1/48's overall size.

Edited by Nani?!

Well I think if they were going to go with it, I would prefer that Yamato aim it at collectors rather than the mainstream. Like with the VF-0 originally going to be 1/100 and then getting upscaled, I think in the long term it would pay off. (given how little this thing appears and all)

Sure it might be more expensive, but those who want it as fans of that design will pay for the boost in quality and any advantage that comes at a bigger scale. The kind of things that I would want at smaller scales are non-transformable alien mecha with not that much detail on them in the first place with little moving parts and stuff. (ie regult, glaug etc) These are big enough that imo you wouldn't necessarily want them in large scale.

1/48 is good enough size for vf-1 because of the added detail.

1/60 is good for Qrau as that is pretty huge already. Same with VF-0.

If they could cram heaps of detail on smaller stuff then go for it. But I feel that smaller details like the markings and stuff would be easier to see and look better with a boost in size for some mecha. Things like articulated hands and stuff would be better too if they were in large scale. I want as close as they can get to a PG level of detail for as many valks that are made.

I'd even settle with the Hikaru line (as in all the VF-1's and through to the VF-4/others?) all to be in the whopping 1 / 4 8 .

And all the Macross Plus's and Macross Zero's in 1/60.

Hows that settle with everybody else? I'm peachy with it.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

1/60th scale YF-21 would be my first guess.

Second guess is the long awaited SDF-1 Macross toy. "Super Dimension Fortress" rammed together as one word would be 22 letters... maybe Graham meant to put in one more underscore! :D Seriously, one of the biggest disappointments about the last 6-7 years of Macross goodness from Yamato, Toynami, and Bandai has been the lack of an SDF-1 toy. Especially a transforming one! :D The ship transforms and it's the friggin' namesack of the show to begin with! :D

1/60th scale YF-21 would be my first guess.

Second guess is the long awaited SDF-1 Macross toy. "Super Dimension Fortress" rammed together as one word would be 22 letters... maybe Graham meant to put in one more underscore! :D Seriously, one of the biggest disappointments about the last 6-7 years of Macross goodness from Yamato, Toynami, and Bandai has been the lack of an SDF-1 toy. Especially a transforming one! :D The ship transforms and it's the friggin' namesack of the show to begin with! :D

SDF-1 Macross toy would be awesome. I'm still rolling with 1/60 YF-21 since his sig has "2007!" with 21 spaces following. I hope it's 2007 within the next couple seasons as opposed to Christmas 2007.

What if we're going about this the wrong way? What if the "2007_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!" really means that Yamato will be breaking out 21 SEPARATE releases/re-issues in 2007?! :blink:

Imagine a 2007 with:

1. Fold Booster and Fast Packs for YF-19

2. 1/60 YF-21(with Fast Packs)

3. 1/60 VF-11 (with Fast Packs)

4. 1/48 VF-4

5. 1/60 SV-51

6. Large-scale SDF-1 (TV-style)

7. Large-scale SDF-1 (DYRL-style)

8. 1/48 VF-1D Trainer

9. 1/48 Super Ostrich

10. 1/48 Elintseeker

11. 1/48 VF-1A Max (TV-style) (with Zentraedi clothes ala "Big Escape," complete with in-scale figures of Hik', Misa, and Kakizaki that fit in the front pocket!)

12. 1/48 VF-1A Kakizaki (TV-style)

13. 1/48 VF-1? Alaska Base colors

14. 1/48 Super VF-1J Max re-issue

15. 1/48 Super VF-1J Milia re-issue

16. 1/48 Fast Packs (TV-style) with Navy/Dark Blue or Gray colors

17. 1/60 or 1/48 Regult (with articulated figure)

18. 1/60 or 1/48 Glaug (with articulated figure)

19. 1/60 or 1/48 VARIABLE Glaug

20. 1/60 Q-Rau Purple (DYRL-style)

21. 1/60 Q-Rau Green (TV-style) (complete with a Milia figure with a "superfelous" booty....just for Vostok 7 ;) )

21a. Shrinking wallet (with pefect transformation)

..........Okay, the doctors said it's time for me to take the medication again! :p

The sad part is I'm sure I could probably come up with even more release ideas (both the crazy and somewhat plausible variety).

What if we're going about this the wrong way? What if the "2007_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!" really means that Yamato will be breaking out 21 SEPARATE releases/re-issues in 2007?! :blink:

Imagine a 2007 with:

1. Fold Booster and Fast Packs for YF-19

2. 1/60 YF-21(with Fast Packs)

3. 1/60 VF-11 (with Fast Packs)

4. 1/48 VF-4

5. 1/60 SV-51

6. Large-scale SDF-1 (TV-style)

7. Large-scale SDF-1 (DYRL-style)

8. 1/48 VF-1D Trainer

9. 1/48 Super Ostrich

10. 1/48 Elintseeker

11. 1/48 VF-1A Max (TV-style) (with Zentraedi clothes ala "Big Escape," complete with in-scale figures of Hik', Misa, and Kakizaki that fit in the front pocket!)

12. 1/48 VF-1A Kakizaki (TV-style)

13. 1/48 VF-1? Alaska Base colors

16. 1/48 Fast Packs (TV-style) with Navy/Dark Blue or Gray colors

17. 1/60 or 1/48 Regult (with articulated figure)

18. 1/60 or 1/48 Glaug (with articulated figure)

19. 1/60 or 1/48 VARIABLE Glaug

20. 1/60 Q-Rau Purple (DYRL-style)

21. 1/60 Q-Rau Green (TV-style) (complete with a Milia figure with a "superfelous" booty....just for Vostok 7 ;) )

21a. Shrinking wallet (with pefect transformation)

..........Okay, the doctors said it's time for me to take the medication again! :p

The sad part is I'm sure I could probably come up with even more release ideas (both the crazy and somewhat plausible variety).

... :mellow:

*dies*

i'm gonna say... it's the little stuff he's posted in threads here & there...

like the perfect 1/60 VF 1 thread... he's practically got a list of "possible" improvements yamato's doing (or already done) :ph34r:

aside from the "nearly obvious" YF 21 :lol:

...that's a lot of stuff he "can neither confirm nor deny" :o

8. 1/48 VF-1D Trainer

9. 1/48 Super Ostrich

10. 1/48 Elintseeker

I know this isn't the "news", but I am SO hoping we get these at some point. If we don't get the 2 seaters, I hope they can at least re-issue the M&M 1J's. I missed out the first time around

Continuing Deimos' theme and after getting inspiration from this thread, how about:

70cm-TallSDF-1Macross!

70cm is a nice round number (well over 2 feet for us non-metric folks). And a Macross measuring from stem to stern in that length would be a rather nice and towering display piece. ("It's BIG")

Wouldn't you agree, Graham? ;)

(Edited because it's late, and Mog finally realized 100cm would actually be 1 meter (far beyond 2 feet!)....I'm an idiot sometimes.)

Edited by Mog

This has probably already been said, but whatever:

Seeing as they've released the YF-19 (god bless :) ) it' be a shame not to release at least the YF-21 and possibly even the VF-11.

That said, I'd also like to see an SV-51, a VF-17 or a Glaug.