EXO

I disagree.

Enemy mechs!

1/48 VF-1D!

Spartan!

1/60 Monster!

Give-aways!

Free lunch!

LOL :lol: ... i didn't mean they'd give us EVERYTHING that we want... hell, put in a free ticket to Japan + Yamato coupons for every 5 valks you purchase while they're at it... :lol:

In the upcoming Shizuoka hobby show, there's a highlight saying something like "a long-expected title is joining the Yamato Macross series".

http://www.yamato-toys.com/event/200905/in...l?infolnk=index

That further reinforces the speculation that Graham is referring to M7.

P.S. I hope this's M7, not just M7D.

P.P.S. I like some of the mechas in M7, but not many of them. I don't have to be crazy like in the case of SDF/DYRL/MF. Yay!

here: http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/detail.php?gid=1352

1/60 ファンレーサーモデルキット

2009年5月 出荷予定

メーカー希望小売価格  3,000円(税込) ( 30 ポイント)

It's small, it's cheap and the picture looks fine...is this IT? or did I miss sth?

Model kit.

Special limited edition release. 1000 pieces only.

Available for pre-order for Yamato fan club members only.

Will be sold at Shizuoka Hobby Show.

Whatever left over from pre-orders and Shizuoka HS will be sold on Yamato online shop starting June 1st.

It's going to be a 1:8 Lyn Kaifun figure in SDFM TV hippie duds. Features will include:

1. Life life "combable" hair

2. Pre-recording "ooh!" and "aah!" sounds made by women who see Kaifun on the street.

3. Hand book on Chinese martial arts titled "Fight Not Kill"

Yamato has also announced that they are going to scrap the v.2 1:60 line at this stage and focus on making more Kaifun dolls.

Pete

No, I do not, Shin. Where is it from?
It's from a song called "Lemon'd I Scream" by hide of X Japan. It's a song about getting something which ultimately is a lemon. Therefore, "lemon'd".

Feeling the same way after seeing my V2 1/60 VF-1S Roy's shoulder hinge crack, followed by the next hinge, I felt lemon'd; or yamato'd I should say.

Model kit.

Special limited edition release. 1000 pieces only.

Available for pre-order for Yamato fan club members only.

Will be sold at Shizuoka Hobby Show.

Whatever left over from pre-orders and Shizuoka HS will be sold on Yamato online shop starting June 1st.

Thanks for clarifying, as you can see I totally misunderstood the Japanese...

Yamato making kit sets? that's weird!

• 7 months later...

Sorry guys, if you were expecting a new sig from Graham about upcoming releases.... sorry, this is not it.... and that is the problem: There hasn't been alot of news on what are the releases for the next year, other than maybe the Destroid Phalanx and the VF-1A Angel birds.

I'm actually interested in what Yamato thinks of the earlier poll that the G-man had made... and if possible some insight into next year's Macross 1/60 products. Of course, I totally understand if Yamato chooses not to reveal future plans, but some hints would be nice as well

Seeing as this is THE G-Man thread, could i please ask our MW Master this?

~~~~~~

Graham Man! :) Please ask Yamato to do more of the Custom type 1/60 releases like the VF-1S clean valk with decal/sticker sheet.

I would instantly buy white clean types of -

VF-22

YF-19

SV-51 etc.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Like many companies, Yamato has also been affected to some degree by the global economic recession. This has taken the form of declining sales this year, especilaly for the higher-end collectables, as customers have had to tighten their belts and cut down on spending on non-essentials.

This obviously has a knock-on effect. Fewer units being sold means smaller profits for Yamato, which means less money that can be in ploughed back into new product development. And development of a new 1/60 scale VF is far, far from cheap.

I think this is why this year, we have seen fewer all-new models and most of Yamato's releases so far this year have been repaints of existing products, or have just featured small retooling modifications (i.e. VF-11B -> VF-11C & YF-21 - >VF-22).

Hopefully with the financial situation worldwide seeming to improve, we will start seeing some new products from Yamato.

Graham

Thanks for the information Graham. It does make perfect sense. This has actually been an amazing year as I think they busted out and produced a lot of amazingly great stuff.

I am still hopeful for a VF-0D and VF-4 by Yamato. If they only made two new things next year I would want them to be those. If only repaints then both of the Minmei Guards (with super/strike parts), paris and moon.

Like many companies, Yamato has also been affected to some degree by the global economic recession. This has taken the form of declining sales this year, especilaly for the higher-end collectables, as customers have had to tighten their belts and cut down on spending on non-essentials.

This obviously has a knock-on effect. Fewer units being sold means smaller profits for Yamato, which means less money that can be in ploughed back into new product development. And development of a new 1/60 scale VF is far, far from cheap.

I think this is why this year, we have seen fewer all-new models and most of Yamato's releases so far this year have been repaints of existing products, or have just featured small retooling modifications (i.e. VF-11B -> VF-11C & YF-21 - >VF-22).

Hopefully with the financial situation worldwide seeming to improve, we will start seeing some new products from Yamato.

Graham

Actually a good thing in my opinion for those who would like to have some true "exclusive" Macross toys. The way they are doing things now should keep some Valks in Limited numbers. Certainly the 1/48 TV Max and Kakizaki.