Transformer Starscream Masterpiece has arrived!

kentgh

In my opinion the mistake was made long, long ago when Hasbro decided that the enemy leader for their new transforming robot line should be the gun mold. Think of how different things would be now if the jet or walkman mold would have been picked instead. The decision is ancient history and the politics surrounding guns aren't going to change anytime soon.

I think its unfair to lay the blame on a (back then) perfectly legal and legitimate decision made some 23 years ago.

I do agree that Tank megs is alot cooler than Gun Megs. I await at Titanium Armada Megatron, because all that toy is lacking is leg articulation.

the megatron being a gun issue isn't even an issue, all they have to do is package it in robot mode. ;)

but that would make too much sense so its not likely to happen. :rolleyes:

Packaging the toy in a different mode suddenly doesn't make it a different toy so that it is exempt from laws and standards. You make no sense. Edited by Fit For Natalie

skywarp will be colored like a blue-angel from what i've heard. I'm really excited because even though no f-15 was ever a blue angel, the paint scheme is more realistic. [/jerkmode]

for reals though, that repaint is amazing. Having the tv colors on the mold really makes the thing look accurate, it helps a that thing is hot.

Wow! That Skywarp is sweet!!!

KingNor, are you serious about Skywarp being painted like a Blue Angel? If so whats with making all the other seekers blue, but not making the one that's actually blue!? I didn't mind Starscream being repainted because he had the cheesiest paint scheme IMO, but Skywarp and Thendercraker have schemes that look nice. Especially Skywap, I love that black and purple.

Chris

I think the Skywarp custom would be more effective if ONLY the back was glossy...give it a stealth coatin craziness feel to it. Still cool....can't wait to see what other repaints they come up with, and if they keep the realistic color scheme theme, which I love.

Someone wil probably buy that Skywarp MP-03 for $400. And I must say I have been doing a lot of customs lately and I hate the gloss paint or metallic paint. Unless it is done at the factory it always has that homemade spray paint feel to it.

Anyway I decided to go a different route with my MP-03 custom. I dramatically increased the waist and hip articulation and mounted the kibble on the back like a backpack. Its held in by pegs and the shoulder kibble clamps to it.

Here's a link to more pics: MP-03 Pics at tfw2005

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Someone wil probably buy that Skywarp MP-03 for $400. And I must say I have been doing a lot of customs lately and I hate the gloss paint or metallic paint. Unless it is done at the factory it always has that homemade spray paint feel to it.

Anyway I decided to go a different route with my MP-03 custom. I dramatically increased the waist and hip articulation and mounted the kibble on the back like a backpack. Its held in by pegs and the shoulder kibble clamps to it.

Here's a link to more pics: MP-03 Pics at tfw2005

IPB Image

Nioce pics Deckard. Excellent idea on putting the hip kibble on the back too. I was thinking of taking the kibble off of mine as well, but putting it on the back is genius. It looks pretty top notch back there too.

Edited by Veritas

Thanks guys. If you follow the link in the post you can get some more information on the mods. It is not a perfect transformation, you have to take the hip and shoulder kibble and peg it to the back. I made pegs out of the tabs on the back piece, you can see where they plug in on the close up pic of the back. It doesn't affect the jet mode at all.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Went and picked one up today at Frank and Sons.

First off, Props to TomyTakara for going all out on the tampo printing. I counted at LEAST 86 :ph34r: tampo printed markings, which is pretty fracking awesome (hint hint Yamato). I don't remember it being mentioned before, but I think it was absolutely badass to Tampo print his tech spec quote "Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies" with a silhouette of his Cybertronian Pyramid jet form.

Yes, I previously stated that I preferred the pre-Kawamori prototype, but having it in hand now, I'm over it. I don't mind the colors at all and the conformal kibble doesn't bother me that much anymore. I might nix the ball joints like Deckard did also, cuz I'm leaving the hip kibble off anyway.

It's not perfect though.

I read about the stress marks Wolfx posted on page 11, tried to take precaution by being careful as F@CK, but still got them after Step 7.

His left thumb wasn't missing like Binary Falcon's, but it's super loose along with his right foot and left horizontal stabilizer.

AND, I have two new issues I don't think I've read about on this thread:

1. Red Paint got scraped off the hinge joints when opening the Cluster Bomb Gimmick on his chest :angry:

2. The Tampo Printed Decepticon logo on the sides of the cockpit got scraped up when sliding his upper torso down. :angry:

All in all though, I think he looks pretty badass and I give em an 8/10.

Edited by chowyunskinny

Deckard,

Excellent mods for the waist - it really shows up the questionable choices of the design team Maestro to engineer a waist joint into the toy, THEN cripple it with:

1. Protrusions at the bottom of the blue torso halves;

2. Front skirt armor that rotates nowhere;

3. Hip-balls...

Nice mod for the back-mounted kibblr, but I'm still more partial to leave the parts attached to the legs for the illusion of an alternative perfect transformation :-)

R_deckard---don't know if you planned it, but where you snipped the tailhook fairing halves off the ankles is the exact place where they should be snipped if you're going for the F-15E look. :)

Looking at the pics you posted, I think removing the conformal tanks would be impossible, due to the screws in the wings etc---they'd interfere majorly, and would likely stick out above the surface of the wingroot/fuselage blend. I've been trying to see how the original mold did that area, and it almost looks like the wingroot underside isn't present--just a gap hidden behind the cannons in fighter mode. That or it folds away somewhere differently than the production mold does it.

However, permanently removing the intake kibble and putting it back on the wings should be possible. That plus the "hip kibble on legs" mod would be enough for me to buy one (in good colors, of course). (Though I want to try to mod the exhausts' ball joint so there's not that big gap around them in fighter mode--that gap really bugs me--plus the fact that Takara did a really bad job replicating the look of a featherless exhaust--should have stuck with a feathered exhaust, like the G1 toy had--simpler and looks better)

Yeah, the tampo printing rocks! If they were stickers or decals, I don't think I would have had the patience to put on that many tiny "no step" signs.

hey, found another Skywarp repaint on Tokyo Hunter's site (btw, has anyone used his toy finding service?)

[attachmentid=37246]

[attachmentid=37247]

[attachmentid=37248]

post-515-1160938692_thumb.jpg

post-515-1160938706_thumb.jpg

post-515-1160938718_thumb.jpg

That last skywarp looks pretty good, just unfinished. Much better than the glossy paint.

drifand, thanks. I know what you mean, it really was not that hard to take the design all the way to allow the waist and hips to move.

David, I did look at a bunch of F15E pics before I cut it and I noticed the differences in the other F15 models. It really makes all the difference along with the hip and waist mods because his foot can lay flat in whatever position. The heel is much more posable, everyone should nix those little bits. Though if you reduce the gap on the exhaust you might lose a lot of heel articulation. You're right about the arm tanks, I think I've pretty much given up on that one. I might try going back to the kibble on the leg later, but when I mocked it up the tail wings really are huge on the leg it makes him feel clunky. But you could make a perfect transformation out of it. Gettting into the lower leg might require prying out plastic screw covers that are glued in.

hey, found another Skywarp repaint on Tokyo Hunter's site (btw, has anyone used his toy finding service?)

I have and I also know him personally, so i can vouch for his authencity. ;)

Highly recommended.