Heroes

Dangard Ace

So did I. TK is way too powerful in this show. It's probably stronger than Nikki's super strength which is why Peter didn't use it to rip the vault apart, right? Seriously, they need to learn that EXTREME super powers ain't cool and that there needs to be a cap. How the hell did Peter generate the massive amount of energy for a nuclear detonation?

vinnie

Well, this is the problem when you take characters designed for a mini-series and try to base a regular series off them. People like sylar and peter have the superman weakness, they're BORING. they can do anything, so writers have to think of more and more convoluted reasons why. But because they're so powerful, they have to create increasingly more powerful, more contrived villains.

Unfortunately, I think Heroes is a victim of its own popularity. Peter and Syalr were too popular to kill off (though, there was no logical reason why peter would have died at the end of chapter 1) and that hayden girl became too popular and a bigger role for her was shoehorned into the script. Her plot was so minor this season yet they spent so much damn time on it... more than the illegal's roadtrip, more than Hiro in feudal japan, it was the claire arc that bored me the most.

Well, this is the problem when you take characters designed for a mini-series and try to base a regular series off them. People like sylar and peter have the superman weakness, they're BORING. they can do anything, so writers have to think of more and more convoluted reasons why. But because they're so powerful, they have to create increasingly more powerful, more contrived villains.

Unfortunately, I think Heroes is a victim of its own popularity. Peter and Syalr were too popular to kill off (though, there was no logical reason why peter would have died at the end of chapter 1) and that hayden girl became too popular and a bigger role for her was shoehorned into the script. Her plot was so minor this season yet they spent so much damn time on it... more than the illegal's roadtrip, more than Hiro in feudal japan, it was the claire arc that bored me the most.

What you say about them being too powerful is true, and now on top of that they have to ability to revive each other from certain deaths just by injecting regenerative blood. It kinda takes the whole fear from losing a good character. Even if they say Nathan is gone for good, we can be 2 seasons in and they could just bring him back and put in an insert a scene where they took him to a secret facility and shot him up with some stored blood. There's no longer stakes involved. They really really f'd up this season somewhat beyond repair.

At least people here are reasonable. The Herpes dedicated forums are full of fan wanking to explain the large loop holes in the plot instead of accepting the fact that the season one finale and season 2 blew massive chunks.

vinnie

What you say about them being too powerful is true, and now on top of that they have to ability to revive each other from certain deaths just by injecting regenerative blood. It kinda takes the whole fear from losing a good character. Even if they say Nathan is gone for good, we can be 2 seasons in and they could just bring him back and put in an insert a scene where they took him to a secret facility and shot him up with some stored blood. There's no longer stakes involved. They really really f'd up this season somewhat beyond repair.

Yeah, I'm morbidly curious to see where they will go from here. I have to say, i thought hiro telling Sulo that it was wrong to save him was the biggest bunch of crap in a long time. WTF, hiro just saved millions of people from dying by changing the future and Sulo went along with it, but now it's wrong to save his own dad? What type of stupid thinking is that?

Yeah, I'm morbidly curious to see where they will go from here. I have to say, i thought hiro telling Sulo that it was wrong to save him was the biggest bunch of crap in a long time. WTF, hiro just saved millions of people from dying by changing the future and Sulo went along with it, but now it's wrong to save his own dad? What type of stupid thinking is that?

Bah, it would've been better if there was some type of plot device written in... like somethings are immutable.

Remember Charlie from season 1. I like that idea. But right now, superpower seem to be trumping any logic in how people might use those powers. Peter being a prime example.

At least people here are reasonable. The Herpes dedicated forums are full of fan wanking to explain the large loop holes in the plot instead of accepting the fact that the season one finale and season 2 blew massive chunks.

I can be a bit forgiving since we only got half a season due to the writers' strike, but even then, a majority of the season smelled worst than a giant rotting garbage pile.

I have to say, i thought hiro telling Sulo that it was wrong to save him was the biggest bunch of crap in a long time. WTF, hiro just saved millions of people from dying by changing the future and Sulo went along with it, but now it's wrong to save his own dad?

Hiro's dad was comfortable with his fate. He felt that he deserved to die for his "sins".

I can be a bit forgiving since we only got half a season due to the writers' strike, but even then, a majority of the season smelled worst than a giant rotting garbage pile.

Hiro's dad was comfortable with his fate. He felt that he deserved to die for his "sins".

Sulo may have been comfortable with dying, but hiro had no reason. If anything, seeing himself as a kid should have reinforced his desire not to allow his dad to die. Hell, it should have given Sulo a reason not to abandon his kid.

Sulo may have been comfortable with dying, but hiro had no reason. If anything, seeing himself as a kid should have reinforced his desire not to allow his dad to die. Hell, it should have given Sulo a reason not to abandon his kid.

Totally... In a way he had already saved him by taking him out of there. Putting him back was like being an accomplice to Adam. That's like saving the kid from getting hit by the bus and then putting her back when he found out that she was evil in the future. That was a touching scene when his father said that he never time travelled before though... still not worth the inanity.

Uh, exploding is a pretty good reason to die isn't it? His story arc was complete, as was Nathan's and Sylar's.

Most of the arcs stunk from Claires to Hiro's. Why is Adam even English. Just make him Japanese Takeo Kensei! All 3 had potential...

Uh, exploding is a pretty good reason to die isn't it? His story arc was complete, as was Nathan's and Sylar's.

Most of the arcs stunk from Claires to Hiro's. Why is Adam even English. Just make him Japanese Takeo Kensei! All 3 had potential...

nope, because he could heal and every version of the future had peter alive in it, even the ones where peter was the exploding man. Besides, it was pretty clear from radioactive man that the energy discharge does no damage to himself. So why would he suddenly die just because nathan and him went flying?.

Why is Adam even English. Just make him Japanese Takeo Kensei!

Because English people are always the bad guys.

Hopefully Hiro will go back to Feudal Japan to learn some more skills. The Adam Arc is obviously on hold for later revival (no pun). If I'm not mistaken Hiro put Adam in a coffin in Japan, Thats ironic.

Hopefully series 3 will get right back on track.

Good point eugimon... i had forgotten that Peter was always alive. At the time we were simply assuming that Exploding Man (or Sylar) were the cause....

Hopefully Hiro will go back to Feudal Japan to learn some more skills. The Adam Arc is obviously on hold for later revival (no pun). If I'm not mistaken Hiro put Adam in a coffin in Japan, Thats ironic.

I thought Hiro was going to take him back 400 years so Adam could live it all again.... or get him killed or something. The coffin was a nice touch... still we don't know when it is, do we?

• 1 month later...
I dont think they have anything beyond what they've shown because of the WGA strike.

If they dont get a resolution then there will be neext to nothing worth watching on t.v. not that it is exactly fit to burst with stuff worth watching anyhow.

Does anyone know when they are goin to put Heros back on or if they are even gonna do it? I was pokin around ther other day but didnt see anything about when it was coming back on. :unsure:

They officially canceled it months ago. It'll be a minor miracle if it sees a 3rd season because season 2 was so horrible.

We'll be lucky if there are any shows on next fall as well because the writers and studios are fighting over Digital rights (the studios don't have to pay the writers or anyone else a penny in compensation).

They officially canceled it months ago. It'll be a minor miracle if it sees a 3rd season because season 2 was so horrible.

We'll be lucky if there are any shows on next fall as well because the writers and studios are fighting over Digital rights (the studios don't have to pay the writers or anyone else a penny in compensation).

Most shows are on temporary hiatus until the strike is resolved. Shows with lots of fixed sets are at biggest risk of being cancelled due to rental costs of those sets. At this point, most shows will not complete their full 20-something episode seasons. Those that will are the ones that have been delayed, ones that were done ahead of time, or ones that aren't part of the WGA strike. At this moment, many shows may lose their original timeslots because of reality TV shows.

Seriously?!? WTF!!!! I'm watching the DVD boxset of season 1 right now, about halfway through (it is great) and you're telling me NBC cancelled the show??? Frak.

<_<

They should cancel Bionic Woman - that show blows .....

:ph34r:

Seriously?!? WTF!!!! I'm watching the DVD boxset of season 1 right now, about halfway through (it is great) and you're telling me NBC cancelled the show??? Frak.

<_<

They should cancel Bionic Woman - that show blows .....

:ph34r:

Chronos hates Heroes as is evident if you read every single one of his posts in this thread. I wouldn't believe it especially since the NBC sponsored Heroes forum's are still going strong and the weekly Heroes graphic novels are still being released on www.nbc.com/Heroes. Nice try spreading some FUD with nothing to back it up.

Chronos hates Heroes as is evident if you read every single one of his posts in this thread. I wouldn't believe it especially since the NBC sponsored Heroes forum's are still going strong and the weekly Heroes graphic novels are still being released on www.nbc.com/Heroes. Nice try spreading some FUD with nothing to back it up.

I just ignore his threads anyhow. :p

Edited by big F

Actually they stated at the time they canceled the show they were going to continue it as an internet property. Hell they told everyone at the shows end that it would continue online. :rolleyes: But then again this is your thread so you'll defend it regardless how it is.

Edited by chrono

Actually they stated at the time they canceled the show they were going to continue it as an internet property. Hell they told everyone at the shows end that it would continue online. :rolleyes: But then again this is your thread so you'll defend it regardless how it is.

A thread about a show that you hate yet still watch.

They stated at the time of the writers strike that Heroes:Origin would be cancelled. That would be the spinoff series that would air when the main show went on mid-season hiatus. Heroes and Heroes:Origin are two different series.

Again nice try with the FUD.

I wonder if the Oscars will be affected ... it'd be funny if the entire thing ends up being an extended movie clip show and gets crappy ratings ....

:lol::lol:

Talk in the UK says it will be. They are already saying the BAFTAs will be the award show of the year.