1/48 VF1D

GutsAndCasca

I just saw the hasegawa vf 1d on the model kit section, and the only thing that I can say is: YAMATO!!!! :lol: PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!! :lol::D

I just saw the hasegawa vf 1d on the model kit section, and the only thing that I can say is: YAMATO!!!! :lol: PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!!PLEASE DO IT!!! :lol::D

Probably ain't gonna happen.

I actually only say that because everytime I've said that Yamato probably won't release something (GBP-1S, Cannon Fodder, Angel Birds) they end up doing it. So here's to hoping they prove me wrong again ;). I really want a VF-1D

If that happens, I wonder if they will keep to the fact that the VF-4 is 35% VF-1 parts.

I think that the VF-X-4 was the one using reconstituted VF-1 parts, the Lightning III is a substantially different bird.

I don't think we'll be getting a VF-4, for the same reasons mister_e states above :lol:

I know it's a bit late to add... but I really really like my super-stealth. It's not canon, but whew, it just looks awesome. But aside from all that, the VF1D is as canon as it gets. It was Hikaru's first valk, for cryin' out loud, and the only other official "head" we get in the world of Macross. Unless you wanna' count the YF1R from Robtech Battlecry. But I don't think you want to do that.

I like the non-canon valkyries more-so than the ones featured; they generally have a more impressive paint scheme. Also, unless you paint it yourself, the primarily white valkyries don't look so great in comparison.

Am I the only one who does not like how the VF-4 looks? It looks okay as a plane but when it transforms... it looks goofy.

As far as other valkyries go, planes like the YF-19 and YF-21 have far more elaborate transformations which makes it much harder for them to produce. Let's not forget, most incarnations of a fully transformable YF-19/21 don't look right.

If they make the VF-1D Trainer do you think they'll also make the VF-1D Virgin Road (with Max & Milia in wedding attire pilots)?

hell yes! i didn't even think of that one. if the past means anything, yamato can milk a mold like no other. i expect the virgin road as well as a LV scheme...ooooo a grey 2 seater....*creams in pants*

The more profit Yamato makes, the more it will encourage them to produce other Macross toys, such as those from Plus, Zero and others :D.

Graham

Looks like they can keep the design of the Fold Booster from the YF-19 to apply to all other valk, specially the M7 ones, if they choose to make them ;)

We're hanging on every word that Graham says!

Edited by kensei

Don't forget the Elintseeker and Ostrich heads... but yeah, if you're talkinga bout just the TV series, true. If they make the VF-1D Trainer do you think they'll also make the VF-1D Virgin Road (with Max & Milia in wedding attire pilots)?

If they truly do care about making money, then I'd say yes.

About the M&M "Virgin Road" VF-1D, are we sure it's really supposed to be a VF-1D? Other than seeing Max & Miria both in the cockpit, do we ever get a clear look at the head or any other of the 1D's distinct features?

Edit: And before anyone tells be about the Hasegawa kit, I already know :D

Edited by mister_e

About the M&M "Virgin Road" VF-1D, are we sure it's really supposed to be a VF-1D? Other than seeing Max & Miria both in the cockpit, do we ever get a clear look at the head or any other of the 1D's distinct features?

Honestly, I suspect they just forced Milia into Max's normal fighter for the TV show... still, it should have been a VF-1D so the toy is definitely a valid consideration.

Looks like they can keep the design of the Fold Booster from the YF-19 to apply to all other valk, specially the M7 ones, if they choose to make them ;)

We're hanging on every word that Graham says!

Too bad the VF-1's are 1/48. :( That would have been kewl!

Uh, didn't the 21 chase after Dison's fold path with a fold booster of his own? I can't remember.

Need to watch the show again! ohh well, i can live with that. :D

VF-0's with Fold... hmmmmmmmmmm, nice!

After reviewing the episode Max is actually flying a VF-1A. What few shots of the cockpit from the outside do not match up with the VF-1D external cockpit design. Also, you get to see which head his valkyrie has in split second. When the SDF-1 comes under attack during the scene where you first see Max fly away from the SDF-1 next to the other CF VF-1As you can clearly see that his fighter has the VF-1A head. You have to be quick on the pause. This scene occurs around the 18'10"–18'40" mark. ...Of course this could all be due to discrepencies in the animation much like the hip joints firing lasers.

Interestingly enough, I never noticed that the valkyries they fly through in the ceremony were VF-1Ds as well and that the air intake doubles as a thruster. On second look you can see that the VF-1Ds in this scene are sometimes shown as VF-1As but in the next shot they will be Ds again.

Edited by Mephistopheles

I wonder if the VF-11B and VF-11Cs would be able to mount a fold booster, if the fold booster is about the same size as the rocket booster used in M+ (and because the VF-11MAXL custom can use one).

From what I understand, the VF-11B/C airframe is not stressed to take a fold booster.

Graham

Well if it can take two giant rocket boosters it can take a fold booster. Realistically, they could mount it on anything they wanted provided that they built the proper mounts for it and weight wouldn't be an issue if it was mounted in space. I don't see a reason why it couldn't use it.

Edited by Mephistopheles

After reviewing the episode Max is actually flying a VF-1A. What few shots of the cockpit from the outside do not match up with the VF-1D external cockpit design. Also, you get to see which head his valkyrie has in split second. When the SDF-1 comes under attack during the scene where you first see Max fly away from the SDF-1 next to the other CF VF-1As you can clearly see that his fighter has the VF-1A head. You have to be quick on the pause. This scene occurs around the 18'10"–18'40" mark. ...Of course this could all be due to discrepencies in the animation much like the hip joints firing lasers.

Interestingly enough, I never noticed that the valkyries they fly through in the ceremony were VF-1Ds as well and that the air intake doubles as a thruster. On second look you can see that the VF-1Ds in this scene are sometimes shown as VF-1As but in the next shot they will be Ds again.

It was an animefriend episode after all.

Well then let's see Yamato bring us a blue VF1A two seater in 1/48 scale. I'm game. Anyone else?

I'm not game, it's an animation mistake just like the YF-1R head the RTers canonized. It should be a VF-1D painted blue. Besides, having it be a VF-1D painted blue gives Yamato more reason to pursue the 1D.

I really *REALLY* think we need to stop speculating what is coming out. I am not going to hang on every word Graham says. As much as I am anxious to find out, this teasing from Graham is now getting me annoyed and downright near criminal. If you all remember from another thread, I dont think M7 and beyond will not be made by Yamato. I think Graham pretty much clear the air on that.

As for the 2 seaters, Yamato can milk the mold as much as they can on that. Come on, you think Yamato will only make 4 versions of the mold? I dont think so. I also would like to see if they make a Minmay guards. Now those would be awesome. I know some are tired of the VF-1 molds but I am sure I am not. Of course, if yamato keeps this up, I need a warehouse (Enter Lord Kungfu) to house mine. :lol::ph34r: