Iron Man the Movie

Ladic

I suggested that they use Black Sabbath's Iron Man all the way back in January. :D

There is one thing, JUST ONE THING, that needs to be done to make this movie perfect.

The opening credits start and you hear a slow drum beat start up -

Thump... Thump... Thump...Thump... Thump...

(Guitar)

BWAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM

(Iron Man movie title appears on the screen and of course you hear - )

I - AM - IRON - MAN

BWAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM

Of course I'm talking about using Black Sabbath's Iron Man as the theme song. At the VERY LEAST it's got to be somewhere in the ending credits. ^_^

Yeah, yeah, I should probably get back to work! :D

I thought I caught a glimpse of a heavily armoured suit in the trailer.

Not only is that 'Iron Monger' (Obadiah Stane)... but I think that suit is probably the Iron Man Mark II armor. The silver 'garbage can' suit in the beginning of the trailer has already been identified as the MK I... while the Red & Gold version at the end of the trailer has been ID'd as the Mk III... So my guess is that Obadiah steals the Mk II suit & gets dubbed the Iron Monger by the press...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dake at the allspark posted this pic of the Iron Man figure catalog.

ironman0001lg7.jpg

I really like the look of all the metallic/gray figures. They look really mechanical and cool for some reason I can't quite express. :D I went to Target yesterday, but the only figure they had was the MK3. That made me a very sad panda.... :(

This pic's the first I've seen the inside of that Iron Monger on the lower right, I didn't realize it opened at all. Given the other closed cockpit pics I've seen of it, I doubt there's any kind of removeable figure or if there's any further type of detachable armor. Still very cool nonetheless.

The only thing I don't like about these figures are the missile launchers. Thankfully they'll probably all look better without the missile in the launcher, especially the MK1.

Yeah, I've never read a single page of the Iron Man comics, and honestly had zero desire for anything to do with this film or the character in general...until I saw the recent trailers. Honestly, this may be THE summer movie to beat. And this is coming from someone who is really looking forward to Batman and Indy. Those toys have tempted me recently, as well. But I'm staying strong...for now. :wacko:

I really like the look of all the metallic/gray figures. They look really mechanical and cool for some reason I can't quite express. biggrin.gif I went to Target yesterday, but the only figure they had was the MK3. That made me a very sad panda.... sad.gif

This pic's the first I've seen the inside of that Iron Monger on the lower right, I didn't realize it opened at all. Given the other closed cockpit pics I've seen of it, I doubt there's any kind of removeable figure or if there's any further type of detachable armor. Still very cool nonetheless.

The only thing I don't like about these figures are the missile launchers. Thankfully they'll probably all look better without the missile in the launcher, especially the MK1.

The first Iron Monger has one hip that does not move at all, yet has knees and ankles. It has the dreaded action attack that once again takes away articulation. None of the current figures can replicate the repulsor blast pose without modification. You have to pry away the pad on the back of the hands, rotate them 180 degrees, and glue back on. Or simply leave them off. I hope Iron Monger II has fully functioning hips.

The plastic feels rubbery but not overly so. I had no broken joints at all. My mk3 has a loose left hip though. mkI dissapointed me the most, and it was the one I looked forward to the most. I love the design! However his mobility is hindered severely. You can't even bend his arms at a 45 degree angle. Maybe 20 degrees at most. Prototype has the removeable chest plate, and adds depth, which looks more realistic for a man in a suit. His paint apps are superior to the mk 3. Of all the ones out right now, my favorite is leaning towards the Stealth Operations suit(War Machine). I love how his shoulder weaponry can swivel back on hinges. Too bad his forearm cannons are not very secure. Silver centurion Iron Man looks great except he has nothing to set him apart from mk3 aside the paint job.

The 12" Repulsor blast Iron man is a brick. No ball joint legs or arms, single hinged elbows and knees. Not even sure if the 2nd 12" one with removable mask and additional weaponry will be articulated more.

By far the best Marvel movie line figures that Hasbro has made. Jesse Falcon is rumored to have worked on this line, and if he did, you can definitely feel the difference.

I bought Iron Monger the other day and I didn't really like it at all after I took it out of the package. The finish is a pretty awful dull greyish brown plastic with lots of swirls in it. But most of all the articulation just plain sucks. This hips look like ball joints and while I was trying to 'unstick' one of them, it broke...and then I realized it wasn't stuck, it just wasn't articulated. I have my fingers crossed for the next version of him because Iron Monger is a very cool design. I'm guessing none of the Hasbro figures will please me though and I'll have to rely on Medicom or Hot Toys to do some really good toys from this movie.

Edited by eriku

I've got the entire first wave with the secret villain figs on preorder from BBTS, and have secured both store exclusives already (Target Silver Centurion Armor, and Wal*Mart Warmachine)... haven't seen that second Iron Monger w/ opening hatch before... wonder when it'll come out (wave 2?). I'm super psyched for this whole line as all I collect for super hero action figures at this point is Iron Man armors. I'm disappointed by Repulsor Power IM, but hope the second 12" has way better articulation... haven't gotten to handle any of the figs yet, but I'm having Silver Centy armor sent to me here at college to check out... the figs LOOK great asidr from the removable launchers...

EDIT: Actually, the BBTS set of 7 has two Iron Mongers listed in it... one must be the opening one and the other the action-feature nerfed one.

Edited by promethuem5

I'm just bitter because the two designs I like the most (MKI and Monger) got such disappointing figures.

I don't blame you man, you should have seen me after I opened my mk1. I thought something was wrong, like I got a bum figure. Imagine my dissapointment when I realized that there was nothing wrong, that the elbows were indeed hindered severely.

The mk3 mold(used for mk3, silver centurion, and modded for War machine) is worlds apart from the mk1 as a figure. Literally night and day.

I'll probably check them out eventually. I'm just bitter because the two designs I like the most (MKI and Monger) got such disappointing figures.

Now that's bumming me out because those are the two I really want. I'll buy them anyway. I mean, they still look badass when standing at attention, and even the poses the catalog have them in look nice (right?). The cockpit Monger looks like it has a brighter cleaner color scheme in some pics I've seen compared to the gritty color of the normal one. I hope that brown swirling effect isn't as off putting to me as it is to you, because I like what I'm seeing in pics online.

The MK2(War Machine) has retractable back weapons? Anyone have a link to a pic of that?

This is the only Iron Man figure I own. I've always liked Iron Man, but I prefered the "real world" colors(if that makes any sense) and designs when it comes to his armor, so War Machine themed armors were my faves. This is the man in the tin can costume from the Marvel Legends line. :) The origin comic it comes with is unintentionally hilarious. Did you know he painted this armor gold simply so the armor wouldn't scare people while he was saving them and thwarting crimes? There's even a comic panel with the caption(going from memory) "Tony Stark leaves the gay party for a date with an electrical cord!"

CIMG0903.jpg

And he's standing next to a Dr. Who Iron Man ;)

Now that's bumming me out because those are the two I really want. I'll buy them anyway. I mean, they still look badass when standing at attention, and even the poses the catalog have them in look nice (right?). The cockpit Monger looks like it has a brighter cleaner color scheme in some pics I've seen compared to the gritty color of the normal one. I hope that brown swirling effect isn't as off putting to me as it is to you, because I like what I'm seeing in pics online.

The MK2(War Machine) has retractable back weapons? Anyone have a link to a pic of that?

This is the only Iron Man figure I own. I've always liked Iron Man, but I prefered the "real world" colors(if that makes any sense) and designs when it comes to his armor, so War Machine themed armors were my faves. This is the man in the tin can costume from the Marvel Legends line. :) The origin comic it comes with is unintentionally hilarious. Did you know he painted this armor gold simply so the armor wouldn't scare people while he was saving them and thwarting crimes? There's even a comic panel with the caption(going from memory) "Tony Stark leaves the gay party for a date with an electrical cord!"

CIMG0903.jpg

And he's standing next to a Dr. Who Iron Man ;)

That's by far my favorite Iron Man figure.

One of my fav IM figs as well, but I must admit I cannot resist the uber-techy look of the House of M Iron Man fig... the Prometheum armor from Heroes Reborn is my fav tho... I've got the crappy figure from that line, but I'm planning on making a custom version from a spare Thor-Buster armor, and if it goes well that'll easily be my favorite figure ever...

CIMG0903.jpg

Dunno about the Cyberman pose, looks like his about to flick out Wolverine claws from the backs of his hands.

Taksraven

P.s. - And please explain why Jay and Silent Bob are classified as mechanicals in your collection.....

Edited by taksraven

Ha... I actually had a dud of that figure out of the box as well... the shoulder detents were messed up and one of the arms snapped right off. They replaced it no problem tho.

Me too. The left arm fell right off mine when I took it out of the package. It was actually the very first figure I ever had to return. Luckily Target had another one and I was able to exchange it. I never saw another one after that.