Popbox - How about some 1/48 Zentraedi?

Chet

I would've figured this would be the easiest thing in the world to come up with. Just get your typical 1/6 scale action figure, slap a nice Zentraedi uniform on it and presto - 1/48 uniformed Zentraedi figure! You can just vary the skin tones and head sculpts for Kamjin/Khyron or some generic Zentraedi soldier. Better yet, Zentraedi foot soldier battle armor can stitched to a body suit like the way 1/6 Batman Begins figures are done. That's two Kamjin versions right there! Of course, it would be nice if bigger base figure body were used for Britai/Breetai or Bodolza/Dolza, say 13," and maybe an 11" figure body for Exedore. Of course, the purpose of all of this would be to have some Zentraedi figures that will look great disolayed with the Yamato 1/48 Valkyries. Sure there'll be sticklers for detail who are going to argue endlessly about the proper height of a typical Zentraedi in 1/48 scale. But I think action figures that are approx. 12" ought to look close enough to look convincing.

Yes please, where do I sign?

1/48 Zentraedi soldiers would rock!!!!

i'm with this guy!

i'm not into man dolls or even the CMS figures but i would definitely be interested in a large scale zentradi soldier, maybe more than one if they made a couple of different varients. it would be cool to have just about anything in the ways of enemy mecha/figure...not that i'm holding my breath but i'm still waiting on the TV-rau.

If Popbox is working with Toynami wouldn't they try to build a 1/55 Zent to go with the MPCs before a 1/48 one? I think they ought to make all the Mospeada characters and then Toynami could release MPC Cyclones that mate to them and finally live up to the MPC name.

That's the beauty of it. Even if they wanted to make 1/55 scale Zentraedi figures, I'm not sure if that'll translate to a 12" action figure. If they wanted to make a figure that was closer in scale to the MPC Veritechs, they might need to sculpt a smaller action figure body, which would mean more money spent for new molds.

What Popbox has now is a 12" action figure body. They can just use that for a line of Zentraedi characters. What's important is, regardless of what scale they call it, a 12" Zentraedi action figure is going to look good next to 1/48 scale Valkyries.

• 2 weeks later...

Sign me up,too!I'd buy a couple-especially if a Meltran figure or Milia herself was available.Does anyone have the sewing skills to stich up Zentraedi uniforms for Dragon WW II soldiers or CY GIRL/COOL GIRL/Triad toys style figures?

Sign me up,too!I'd buy a couple-especially if a Meltran figure or Milia herself was available.Does anyone have the sewing skills to stich up Zentraedi uniforms for Dragon WW II soldiers or CY GIRL/COOL GIRL/Triad toys style figures?

which Millia? DYRL or SDF?

milliafallynalw6.jpg

post31085977806ix1.jpg

Too right.

I want to see the whole range of "dolls" before I get into them. Seems to expensive to get at them moment, if too many of them are crap I won't buy them. This is a hard area for me to get into at the moment.

I'd buy a Cy-Girl style Milia, or the parts needed to convert an existing one. I know there's at least a few Cy-Girl heads with green(ish) hair.

But it's got to be SDF style purple.

PS--I really don't care about scale, I just want a Milia figure. 1/48, 1/55, whatever, so long as it's around a foot tall.

A 1/6 scale female figure is about 10-11 inches tall. Not to be nitpicky but just letting you know... (waitaminute if this was an aircraft you'd be doing the same thing :D ) but a true 1/48 Millia macronized would be 7 inches tall. If you stand the 1/60 Milia from the Yamato Q-rau next to the 1/60 valk, you'll notice how small she is.

But yeah a 1/6th scale type Milia would be cool. Especially with the helmet.

Millia in her flight suit!

We could get a whole doll line outta this-Millia from DYRL boxed-other outfits on Barbie-style cards=wedding gown,UN Spacy Flight Suit,UN Spacy Class A's, Pregnant Millia with baby Komillia,Macross 7 Mayor Millia,Jammingbirds Audition Millia,etc... :p