Meeting with yamato

Guest Graham-2

Just a few questions id like to toss in

Ichiban #1 question: will yamato,bless us in the US(as in domestic valk realises) with macross toys in the near future?

Question #2: Macross 7 mecha, When will we see the VF-17,22S,and full armored 11 not to mention varuta mecha goodness?

Question #3: Hikaru VF-1S, when,with strike fasts packs? id love to see this one come with a special display stand so one could recreate the dramatic pose from the end of dyrl.

Question #4: VF-4 Lightning III, When and please yamato make this happen ;.;

Question # 5. last but not least, how are the macross 0 toys coming along,and Please let there be a VF-0D.

Thats my three cents.:D

Question #2: Macross 7 mecha, When will we see the VF-17,22S,and full armored 11 not to mention varuta mecha goodness?

Neato shiny new site!!! Looks good! Special thanks to Shawn and Graham.

Ahhh... Nuts! I missed the dinner, but here's my 2 cents for the next time :p.

I agree a VF-4, and VF-17S/D would be very nice in 1/48th scale that and full armour parts for my VF-11B would be great too. I've been trying to get my hands on the full armoured parts for the longest time... But I missed out on the IHP kits. :(

Big enough to comfortably house my Macross collection and that is ALL that matters. . :) I can't wait to hear what Yamato has in store for us... I'm still DYING for the upcoming Millia QRau.. WOW!!!

How about a 1/48 scale SDF-1?  :)  I probably couldn't afford to pay my mortgage after such a purchase but I suppose I could move into it.

how big is your house? :D

The 1/48 SDF-1 IS my house.

if i could afford it, it would be mine too!

OK, I'm back. Went out for an Indian meal last night with two of the guys from Yamato. Lots of beer was drunk and a good time was had by all.

Unfortunately, although I got a fair amount of new info on what's planned, there is very little that I'm publically allowed to reveal. Last time I went for one of these dinners earlier this year I released far too much info on MW and got in big trouble.

Anyway, I saw the finished VE-1 and VT-1 last night and very pretty they look. However, the boxes are huge, nearly rivalling the 1/48 boxes in size. I think Yamato must have 'Big Box Syndrome' or something :D Anyway, the VT-1 and VE-1 are currently on route to Japan from the factory so should have no problem meeting the scheduled August 31st release date.

Didn't get to see any samples of the 1/48 FAST packs which bummed me out. I gather the FAST packs are currently in the middle of production and should be shipping to Japan soon, so hopefully they will reach Japan in time for the planned August 31 release date, although there is a possibility that we may end up with a first week of September release.

The 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru is defintely scheduled for an October release. I can confirm that the heatshield will be red, not black. The official explanation is that when you see it as black in the anime, it is just because of shadow. No additional interchangeable hands are planned at this time for the VF-1S Hikaru which is disappointing. Basically, there wouldn't be time to get them sculpted, approved and into production by October. The posibility does exist that additional non-articulated DYRL hands may be offered at a later date as an upgrade kit though, so keep your fingers crossed. Lastly, I did suggest that we would like to see light grey painted panel lines on the VF-1S Hikaru, ala the 1/48 Low Vis, but the guy in charge of Macross product development didn't seem too keen on the idea.

You guys are going to hate me, but I just plain forgot to ask about the 1/60 upgrade parts :(

Other topics such as Macross Zero & Macross Plus toys, other future Macross toys and HG/BW legal issues were discussed in depth, unfortunately, I'm not allowed to talk about any of that. :ph34r:

Sorry for the sparsity of new information, but my hands really are tied.

The last thing I will say is expect to see some of the new really exciting Macross items starting sometime in Spring next year.

Graham

oh well, another carrot dangled in front of our eyes....

Surprises are good. I just like knowing about them

:p

I hope yamato picked up the tab for ya, for all this freelance info gathering you do! lol

The 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru is defintely scheduled for an October release.

Graham

Is it going to be bundled with the Fast Packs as some sort Anniversary product (for DYRL's 20th)?

The 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru is defintely scheduled for an October release.

Graham

Is it going to be bundled with the Fast Packs as some sort Anniversary product (for DYRL's 20th)?

Nope, it will not come with the FPs.

So far there is no special DYRL anniversery product planned. Even BW apparently don't have anything special planned :(

Graham

The last thing I will say is expect to see some of the new really exciting Macross items starting sometime in Spring next year.

Graham

LOL. When will my spending on Macross products end? Since joining MW in 2001, I've spent a lot more money than I had ever imagined on toys based on a 20 year old cartoon.

My wife is getting concerned, especially about WHERE I will be placing my current and upcoming products.

Hello, everybody.

This is my first time to post message. But I have already visited this site have a long time.

May I know "YAMATO" will issue the YF-19 Fast Pack version within this year? And will they re-issue the 1/48 VF-1S "Focker" and VF-1A "Hikaru" version?

I hope all of you can understand my english. Because I am not good at it.

Zero

Other topics such as Macross Zero & Macross Plus toys, other future Macross toys and HG/BW legal issues were discussed in depth, unfortunately, I'm not allowed to talk about any of that. :ph34r:

Graham

We know you have to kept the information secret...

But remember some of us will be visiting you next January.

Im SURE we will get you drunk and we will make you TALK! MUAAA HA HA

And if the alchol doesnt work, We know some other methods. B)

Is SO bad they wont add panel lines on the VF 1S. What about the color? White or Grey?

Other topics such as Macross Zero &  Macross Plus toys, other future Macross toys and HG/BW legal issues were discussed in depth, unfortunately, I'm not allowed to talk about any of that. :ph34r:

Graham

Is SO bad they wont add panel lines on the VF 1S. What about the color? White or Grey?

i want to know that too.....white or grey? :(

I hope all of you can understand my english. Because I am not good at it.

Zero

Welcome to the Macrossworld Forums (v.2) Zero! It's alright...there are sometimes when I've had a bit too much Yoshinol (while visiting the forums). Are you looking to add another Yamato to your collection? :o