1/100 Toynami Valks Thread

Vermillion21

The Cannon Fod looks brilliant! Deffinently getting me one of those.

Urrk! That 1S head, god it's ugly. I'm gonna dodge that. I already have Focker, so no more extra ugly head 1S for me.

TV Valk Max Super looks extra extra nice. These Valks look good all Super'd up.

So i gather Fast Pack/Strike sets are separate to purchase?

Will the FP's also have the Strike cannon? That would be gay if you had to buy a Super FP and then the separate

Strike FP.... >_< Uhh noticed some pics with the different colour sets... Sooo... i guess we get them with the Valks? :unsure:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Definitely interested in the FAST pack sets. They will go nicely with my Max and Miria -1j's (I originally only bought the Max to evaluate the line, but it looked lonely sitting there on its own so as I'd been paid this week I thought I would pick up the Miria to keep it company). Mind you, I've been interested in these since the were first seen at a show, what, the end of last year? So I'm not holding out much hope of them ever actually emerging.

Karl

These 1/100's look awesome in FastPacks... makes up for their drab appearance in fighter mode.

I dunno, i might still pick up Max and Millia TV versions and get their Supers... but Fodder or 2 with FP/Strike is a must.

I prefer the 1J head over the 1S for sure... 1A head is perfect.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

One of the pics shows the array of parts that appears to come with the FAST Packs, and even Miriya's seems to have a strike cannon. Hope they do include it.

Hey, even that Roy VF-1S seems to have the flat heat shield.

Edited by Chet

If it wasn't for the increadibly ugly head sculpt, I'd pick up one of the Hikaru VF-1S Strike Valks, but that head is a real deal breaker.

Says Graham as he whirls hirls his 1/60 Yamato 1S around the room...

Just playin' of course. When fugly heads get in the way, it's just more time for Gerwalk or Fighter mode! With the fast pack I'm hoping the weaknesses of the 1/100 fighter mode will be largely concealed... time will tell. I'll be interested to see how well the display stand cup holds up to the extra weight of fast packs as well.

I'm not sure it's the head sculpt sucking on the 1J as much as it is the neck is just too long. I think the 1A does the best job of hiding the neck and I think the 1S sculpt is so lame because they tried to elongate it to cover some of that neck up.

I got my Hikaru 1J this past weekend for $20. I'm happy with the look, feel and poseability of the toy. I want to panel line it, but gotta get a gundam marker or mechanical pencil first. I PMed takatoys about making stickers for these and he said that it's possible, but he would need to place an order of 100 sheets. So I don't know if there would be enough demand to cover his expenses.

• 5 months later...
I read in Toy Review (I think thats the name of that magazine) that wave 3 will be availble this February 08'. I really hope so. I like these little guys for what they are.

So far I have:

SDCC exclusive Hikaru 1S

2-Roys

1-Hikaru 1J

I NEED those fast packs.

I hope the stand alone fastpacks come out also.

I have 4 SDCC Hikaru 1S

Series 1 plus extra Roy 1S

Series 2