1/100 Toynami Valks Thread

Vermillion21

Yea I need to get the VF-1S Hikaru. I had an friend...who had an friend at SDCC that was supsoe to pick 2 of them up, and send 1 my way. but it didnt happen.

I have wave 1 of these guys on the way from BBTS.com.

There's been A LOT of talk about how the 1/100 Toynami valk is a "great deal" for $20.

Just out of curiousity, how many of you out there actually ONLY paid $20 for the VF-1S Hikaru?  Or, any of the other 1/100 models?

422029[/snapback]

I paid 17.99 for my 3 non-exclusives at a walk-in store. (Anime Express in San Luis Obispo -- www.animeexpress.com)

However, I paid 35 for my SDCC exclusive on the second hand market.

Thanks for taking the time out to take some pics of it in various modes and angles. It helps a lot.

I think the fighter mode looks the weakest but still miles ahead of the banpresto. I wish that backpack part didn't stick up so high though. That is the one thing I like better in the banpresto in fighter mode. I could have settled for less beefy forearms if it meant that sat lower down.

If they get to do some destroids and maybe even attempt a low detail mospeada legioss that would be good.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Fighter mode doesn't really look too bad anyway. My gripe was with the transofrmations, and only the showcased ones looked right, but now they look pretty ok.

Someone tell that Yune that DYRL? valks have their lasers pointed forward in battroid mode.

after looking at the pictures, I take back my words for toynazmi. well maybe this time around toynami do make a good product line...we'll see....but still Im in no way near to buying those valks....with 20 bucks I can pay for the parking garage in my Residential Hall for the whole week...

I wish that backpack part didn't stick up so high though. That is the one thing I like better in the banpresto in fighter mode. I could have settled for less beefy forearms if it meant that sat lower down.

422460[/snapback]

Agreed! Also, the front intake section is completely wrong. The shapes of both intakes (hip and chest) are not correct, compared to the line art.

Yep, fighter mode in your pics has all that nastiness around the intakes too (little gaps and such).

Yeah, you can't do anything about the upper intake gap. However, if you transform the toy carefully, the gap between the hips and the center plate almost disappears.

Here's something really cool. I don't know if the 1/48 has this or not, but the 1/100 has two positions for the backpack. One where the backpack sticks out almost to the canopy in guardian mode

post-1886-1154730603_thumb.jpg

and another where it sits lower in battloid.

post-1886-1154730614_thumb.jpg

The problem is, the low position for battloid isn't tight, and the backpacks hangs off a bit if you don't hold it up.

post-1886-1154730625_thumb.jpg

If there was another snap for the battloid backpack position, it would have been nice.

Edited by danth

All they would need to do is add little teeth on the hinge to make it stay up. Maybe in the next releases?

looking at the forearms again:

-less chunky foreams so there is more space for the backpack in fighter would really help. Copy the banpresto. And maybe add a little locking mechanism so you could do barrel rolls. (add a tooth on one of the the backpack hinges for this - so easy.)

Would love to see how the fast packs stay up in battroid mode....

so....what difference does it make? seems like bothways theyre the same. I mean, even if its in the guardian backpack position, does it improves the overall look of the guardian mode and vice versa for battroid? those are just some geeky ways of positioning the backpacks. j/k :)

aaajin

but really, those look the same to me.

so....what difference does it make? seems like bothways theyre the same. I mean, even if its in the guardian backpack position, does it improves the overall look of the guardian mode and vice versa for battroid? those are just some geeky ways of positioning the backpacks. j/k  :)

aaajin

but really, those look the same to me.

422607[/snapback]

There's at least a half centimeter of difference between the top of the backpack in each position. That's substantial in 1/100 scale.

The point is, in gerwalk, the tip of the backpack is supposed to reach the canopy. But in battloid, that same position would be way too high to match the line art. Hence two positions.

List of things I want to see:

-smaller shoulder

-legs sit lower down (maybe make the swingbar extendable and collapsible somehow. The yamato yf21 has tow levels of height for example. As a guide make the leg joint meet the middle of the bulge on the fighter's nose)

-hinge which is stiffer (add teeth to keep the backpakc in upwards position in battroid. The banpresto one keeps falling down)

-Backpack that doesn't stick up in fighter (copy the presto, make some more space for clearance by shaving some fat off the chunky forearm)

-better head sculpt on 1S (looks too long)

It's too late now but if the get around to newer versions that would be good. Maybe they can even add the airbrake and openable cockpit canopy. (wouldn't be hard imho)

What do the robotech.com people think about it?

So I picked up my first 1/100 Toynami Valk. I've never held one of their 1/60s, but given how crappy the Alpha's are, I wasn't expecting much.

For $25, its not a bad looking toy. The proportions are very weird, and the legs hard to position, but over all its not bad.

I bought the blue Max version. The only flaw atm is that the head laser is a bit bent. I'm going to try to fix it with heat.

I like the stand and all the accessories. You really get a lot in the box. It's very light, making it easy to pose and display.

Nice images of them here:

http://animenewsi.com/index.php?itemid=9656&catid=245

I like how they are standing next to each other:

http://animenewsi.net/g/index.php?mode=vie...ize=600&start=0

I really would have liked that FP were included..

422088[/snapback]

Nice pics. Too bad the person didn't get close up pictures of the Max and Milia with fast packs in jet mode. Those two are at the top of the display case in the event someone hasn't noticed them in the "display case" pictures. They look great from what little I can see of them.

I got the VF-1S exclusive and then tried the production three from Valk-Exchange. The production versions had tighter joints than the Hikaru VF-1S which was kind of floppy. Max's VF-1A gun pod came apart. The handles seem to be snap-fit with no glue.

Toynami seems to have a decent product.

Nice group shot you got there. Now if they can just get some green tv qrau (with double-jointed knee articulation and swivel joints for crouching poses) and glaug with a stand to fight against them.. (see if they can pull off a glaug booster attachment with a special stand to support the link up) I also want a stand for the Qrau so I can place it in a fetal position in as if it is launching its micromissiles while floating in space.

..oh and And not have the skull symbol be raised up. (just make that flat)

422088[/snapback]

Nice pics. Too bad the person didn't get close up pictures of the Max and Milia with fast packs in jet mode. Those two are at the top of the display case in the event someone hasn't noticed them in the "display case" pictures. They look great from what little I can see of them.

422784[/snapback]

post-151-1154845954_thumb.jpgpost-151-1154845988_thumb.jpg

422088[/snapback]

422784[/snapback]

422897[/snapback]

Awesome pics. Thanks. Max was always my favorite.

422088[/snapback]

422784[/snapback]

422897[/snapback]

Awesome pics. Thanks. Max was always my favorite.

422972[/snapback]

I've had the SDCC one for a week now, he's the perfect size to do battle with my RM-Seekers.

I picked up the Roy F. last night too. To bad they don't make fast packs for these...yet.

Finally got around to opening mine ... and I am happy to report that I am pleasantly surprised. The figure is pretty nice! Not amazing, but nice. Transforms nicely and I like the accessories ... good job Toynami!! Let's hope the fast packs are just as decent.

:)