Miria Drawn By My Wife

Sumdumgai

post-1245-1154198045_thumb.jpg

My wife drew me this Miria to use as my avatar, but here's the full sized picture. She drew her in more of a cutesy style, because her normal style isn't really that "chibi-fied". She draws doujinshi for Japanese conventions like comike and some others. Uh, no you guys probably wouldn't be interested in the doujinshi she does (yaoi mostly)... lol

I don't know if any of you saw or got them, but my wife did some Macross character sketches at the Macross Panel at AX a couple years ago (not officially, but just while it was going on she was sketching), and gave away a few sketches.

She's got a website with a gallery, but it was hacked recently and is down for now. She's going to re-open it soon though. If you can't make out the address in the pic, it's: http://www.sagakure.net

Meanwhile there's always her deviant art gallery that doesn't have all her stuff (primarily Saint Seiya based). It's http://sagakure.deviantart.com

lol she was pretty critical of it herself.  I wanted her to draw her sexy, she wanted to draw her chibi, so it melded. :p:lol:  That's what happens when you mess with an artist's intuition.

421001[/snapback]

Next time, tell her she souldn't listen to someone that's named sumdumguy! Tell her to draw some more stuff, we would love to see more.

No yaoi though!... lol

lol she was pretty critical of it herself.  I wanted her to draw her sexy, she wanted to draw her chibi, so it melded. :p:lol:  That's what happens when you mess with an artist's intuition.

421001[/snapback]

Next time, tell her she souldn't listen to someone that's named sumdumguy! Tell her to draw some more stuff, we would love to see more.

No yaoi though!... lol

421123[/snapback]

:lol:

:o yaoi :blink: None for me, thanks

421001[/snapback]

Yeah, she definitely is too tall for a Chibi... :lol:

Though I'd love to see her renditions of the Macross cast as Chibi's that would be fun! B))

Yeah the youngling looks kind of like Luke, but it's the kid that says "Master Skywalker there are too many of them! What are we going to do?". :lol:

My wife rocks, she doesn't mind me getting valks at all! And she's a Max and Miria fan.

OR...we can take the opportunity to let them know the Top 10 tips on how to please your MW hubby:

1. Dusk-off the Valks weekly with soft velvet;

2. 50/50 split of storage spaces for Valk/Shoe boxes;

3. Dress up in Ruji's Minmay-Chan's ultra mini skirt;

4. Pay for the Valks;

5. Wait at home 7/24 for the postman during Yamato shipping week;

6. Surf Yahoo JP and and screen-out Macross goodies while you are watching re-run of DYRL;

7. Learn how to customise the 1/48s;

8. Learn how to customise the 1/60s;

9. Learn how to apply Anasazi37's decals on both the 1/48 & 1/60s;

10. and of course.....design your avatar with love :rolleyes:

No! Oppose the MW wifes club. They may provide a united defense and stop any future Yamato purchases.  :p

422499[/snapback]

• 3 weeks later...

A YF-19 my wife did based on one of the recent pics of the new YF-19 by Yamato. She was happy I was so excited about the new YF-19 that she did this pic.

yf19cd4.jpg

I'm still working on convincing her to do some other Macross characters. :)

A YF-19 my wife did based on one of the recent pics of the new YF-19 by Yamato.  She was happy I was so excited about the new YF-19 that she did this pic.

426519[/snapback]

Your Messers sure have got some talent! *bows"

Edited by BlueMax

Nice YF-19!  I like the details like the shadow in the water.  Did she draw it from scratch?

427510[/snapback]

She used the picture of the toy to place the base lines of it, because she's not used to drawing mecha. Then she colored it and did all the water and stuff.

I'll post more in this thread when I've got more pics from her. I'll update the title or something with the date. :)

A YF-19 my wife did based on one of the recent pics of the new YF-19 by Yamato.  She was happy I was so excited about the new YF-19 that she did this pic.

yf19cd4.jpg

426519[/snapback]

Nice! This is much better than the art they have in the RT comics, IMO. I really don't know what the difference is since I'm no artist, but it seems more... real. Maybe its the proportions and perspectives. Should do a Macross comic series...

vinnie

• 4 weeks later...