Toynami:

soo.. im wondering if they going to re-release the blue alpha again...

if not, do u think those posable alphas figures they made before would match with this beta? i would have the alpha in robot mode and beta attach to the back and wondering if that would look correct. looking at some pics from "scorched earth toys" has a mp alpha and the posable alpha and looks pretty close.

http://anymoon.com/blog/2007/04/23/toynami...ndard-editions/

these are the figures im talking about.

Ask all you want, you guys. If said bit of line art happens to...shall we say...go missing, then I'll gladly scan the exact same drawing out of the ole' REF Field Guide. After sitting on my bookshelf for about 20 odd years, it'd be about time for that thing to earn its keep.

Hi,

Sorry for this "bit of line art"...

Why will it be disappear?

Also, I'll be glad if you scan some drawings from REF Field Guide to compare pics...

It could be interesting...( because i don't find mine)...

Well about the origin of this art, it comes from my friend's Mospeada lineart...seen maybe in REF field guide;)

B))

Edited by akim

sooo.. did anyone know if the aoshima legioss colors match with the toynami tread? just trying to see if i need to get one thoses to get a blue one if they dont re-release them. =[

I wouldn't expect a definitive answer to this until people have actual factory-produced Betas in their hands and are holding them up alongside the Aoshima Legioss toys. It's hard to tell from digital photos since everyone's camera, monitor, and image processing software settings are different, and there's also the possibility that the paint job the factory uses will differ slightly from this prototype, which has been on display for a couple of years.

I thought it was definitely confirmed that Toynami would not be making Betas in the Aoshima colors because Aoshima was so let down by the Legioss productions. If the Toynami Beta that's supposed to match the Scott MPC looks good with the Aoshima Stig Legioss then Toynami got its paints horribly wrong. Aoshima colors are much brighter than Toynami's MPC colors.

I thought it was definitely confirmed that Toynami would not be making Betas in the Aoshima colors because Aoshima was so let down by the Legioss productions.

I hadn't seen that anywhere.

The CollectionDX article does say that the Aoshima Legioss toys were made in a different factory from Toynami's usual one.

You're right, I shouldn't say "definitely confirmed" but rather "strongly implied."

I spoke with the guys at CollectionDX after they met with George Sohn at Toy Fair last month. He confirmed that Aoshima is not co-producing the Beta. It's not in their article but you can post in the comments section and ask about it.

I heard it reported in a few different places that Aoshima was done with Toynami and then you said the above. Granted, that doesn't say Toynami *definitely* won't make a brighter blue Beta that goes with the Aoshima Legioss but it certainly doesn't sound promising. You also seemed to imply it was silly of me to think Toynami had a working relationship with Aoshima later when you told Joel he was wrong about his preorder price.

Edited by jenius

Jenius, you type and type and type and I never get what you're trying to say.

That much has been painfully obvious for a long time now.

sooo.. did anyone know if the aoshima legioss colors match with the toynami tread? just trying to see if i need to get one thoses to get a blue one if they dont re-release them. =[

1) The Aoshima Legioss colors are different from the Toynami MPC colors. 2) Aoshima appears to want nothing to do with Toynami at the moment so the chances of seeing Toynami Betas in Aoshima Legioss colors seems thin.

Nice... thanks for digging those up.

Yes, that is mine. I haven't finished mine but I have seen pictures of this kit completed. I'll see if I can dig them up, it was several years ago though so don't hold your breath.

Nice!!! May I ask where you found that?

Thanks,

Carl

Hello carl,

I haven't noticed but in your lineart http://wwwmwww.com/Mospeada/Line07.png put

in this topic, it contains same pic posted before...

So, nothing real new, evidence was under our eyes lol...

Well this is the entire picture used..

post-1010-1206182682_thumb.jpg

akim.

Edited by akim

So ok, i only ever got one Toynami Alpha. the main thing that stopped me liking it was the nose pointing up in fighter mode. It seemed to be more tilted back than it shouldbe.

i have since heard that the plane is supposed to look like this? is this true?

So ok, i only ever got one Toynami Alpha. the main thing that stopped me liking it was the nose pointing up in fighter mode. It seemed to be more tilted back than it shouldbe.

i have since heard that the plane is supposed to look like this? is this true?

To some small extent it's true... Take a look at any of the T. Suzuki Legioss model artwork for an example. In actuality, the nose does point up too much on the MPC (mainly due to lack of tolerance/clearance between aft of forward winglet area and fuselage, which pulls the whole nose "upward"). This is visually compounded by the layout of the paintscheme on the nose of the fighter, which "tricks" your eye into seeing it as more pronounced than it actually is.

would $60 + shipping be a good price for the robotech masterpiece scott alpha? =P i would like to get a alpha and beta of this set.

Sounds like a good price to me, that's what I paid for I think when I got a green Alpha from a member from MW.

Honestly, I think they all have the same failure rate but the bluest got destroyed the most often because word of mouth hadn't spread around that the hands should never be touched and that it couldn't be treated as a toy. By the time Rook was released most people knew they had to be awfully gentle with it but otherwise it's exactly the same as the previous edition.

Honestly, I think they all have the same failure rate but the bluest got destroyed the most often because word of mouth hadn't spread around that the hands should never be touched and that it couldn't be treated as a toy. By the time Rook was released most people knew they had to be awfully gentle with it but otherwise it's exactly the same as the previous edition.

What exactly happens to the hands?

The hands are made of a very fragile, soft, rubber-like material. There's a pin that runs through the palm portion that all the fingers attach to. This pin is seated on either side by about a millimeter of the rubbery material. If you open and close the fist, sometimes just once, the pressure on the pin will cause it to push through that millimeter of material that seats it and all the fingers will fall right off.

The hands are made of a very fragile, soft, rubber-like material. There's a pin that runs through the palm portion that all the fingers attach to. This pin is seated on either side by about a millimeter of the rubbery material. If you open and close the fist, sometimes just once, the pressure on the pin will cause it to push through that millimeter of material that seats it and all the fingers will fall right off.

Any fixes, once this happens?

edit: Aw, sh!t. Apparently, I could use a reply sooner than I thought. :angry:

Edited by Wicked Ace

did the Aoshima's versions improve on the hands?

what other problems does the Aoshima's have? Is it a good idea to get Aoshima's instead?

thanks

To my knowledge, there is no fix. Replacement might be an option since the first three all have the same hands. The Aoshima's also may have hands made out of better materials since I haven't heard many complaints on that front. The bad news there is they didn't seem sturdier to me.

what other problems does the Aoshima's have? Is it a good idea to get Aoshima's instead?

I'm so deathly afraid of Alpha hands I didn't put the Aoshima versions through the ringer. They do seem to be a bit stiffer than the MPC version and I HAVE to suspect even Toynami realized they had to change the hands. That said, I didn't see any difference as far as engineering went. The Aoshimas seem to be even more spastic QC-wise than the Toynamis. In the Aoshima thread three of us found that the neck bar on our blue Legioss was installed backward which screws up fighter mode. My green Legioss is missing a finger (I just noticed) and has a broken crotch vent. All of my Aoshimas seem to have slightly warped front winglets. They're so slightly warped I can't tell they're warped at all in fighter mode but when tucked behind in soldier mode they don't sit flush like the MPCs do.

Edited by jenius

jenius > thanks for the detailed explanation.

was contemplating on whether to get the 3 from Aoshima's. guess i better wait and see if toynami will release an improved version of the alpha when they release their beta. If they do, i'd expect the colors to match too.

another thing i prefer the aoshima's version is that the new thigh parts solved the ugly and unbalanced seams of the Toynami Alpha. hope toynami will do the same if they release a new alpha.

@Wicked Ace > wow that pic says it all...

i'm not sure of the size but maybe those modeling option parts (u can search for 'manipulator') can be used? they're usually 1/100 or 1/144 Gundam-sized (my wild guess 1/144 might be closer to the alpha??) although these parts are mostly fixed pose.

Edited by Shun

IMO 1/100 MG Gundam Hands, specially of the Ver. 2.0 variety, might be workable options for replacements... they seem to be about the right size. Zeon hands (Zakus) might also be a closer fit, looks wise, than Fed ones due to their rounder designs.

Edited by mechaninac

$65 is a really cheap price. I wouldnt be to picky with it. Main thing is nothing broke off and it came with everything. If your not interested in it let me know.

thanks for these opinions on the alpha. i asked the guy who wants to sell me a blue alpha for $65 shipped to take pics of it and wanting to see the hands and radar parts to see if they are still good =P anything else i should ask about it?