75 members have voted

1. 1. Useless Fantasy Macross Poll

• Max VF-1S
    • Max/Miria VF-1J
    • Kakizaki VF-1A (DYRL)
    • Max VF-1A (TV)
    • Cannon Fodder VF-1A
    • More than one/all

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that Yamato will milk the 1/48 line as much as it can. Wishful thinking? Maybe. But we shall see.

Which of the above would you be most likely to buy if it were released as a 1/48?

Edited by Draykov

Hey, what about a VF-1D?

I thought about putting that, a VT-1, and a VE-1...but I wanted to limit the poll to the most likely candidates. I think the VF-1D might give them design trouble (especially with the clamshell heat shield), and the VT-1/VE-1 might be too much to ask. I think it's much more likely that they'll release various versions of the existing molds.

Edited by Draykov

I'm tired of seein the same ol' VF-1's. Been there. Done that (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Yamato needs a breath of fresh air. I think the VF-4 is the perfect choice......... B)

I would probobly buy them all if they came out. I was a bit late with my Macross toy collection and I'm now commited to collecting all the 1/48.

The only ones I wouldn't buy is the VF-1J Hikaru without a FAST Pack since I would already buy the verion with FAST Pack. This includes any other future release where I have the option of buying one with armor and one without.

I'm tired of seein the same ol' VF-1's. Been there. Done that (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Yamato needs a breath of fresh air. I think the VF-4 is the perfect choice......... B)

VF-1's are still okay by me. I want to get my hands on whatever VF-1 I acn come across.

Although, I would like to see them make a sleek and sexy Armoured VF-17 S/D in 1/60 scale. That would really make me happy!

I bet we see most, if not all. Well I'd be really surprised to see Kakizaki but think TV Max -1A could be possible.

Max 1S in low production volume is extraordinarily simple as it's just a minor repaint of the head. Plus it doesn't look like poor ol Max is selling well... I could see Yamato maybe do a buy-back, a head swap, and then repackage. I'm kinda trying to play hard-ball to get a good deal at Frank & Sons (as well as watching ebay). B)

But I think the Hikaru 1J is only a precursor to other TV valks, including Max and Milia and the CF, at least.

Edited by Uxi

I'm tired of seein the same ol' VF-1's.

Well, once they've released the VF-1J GPB armor in 1/48, they're gonna release a super-duper 1/32 VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL colors, of course). And then repeat the process until the 1/32 VE-1. Then we'll see a 1/24 uber-super-duper VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL)...then Yamato will buy Harmony Gold, Warner Brothers, and Bank One and we'll all become indentured crew members on the set of the Macross movie.

Edited by Draykov

A 1/32 VF-1 Valkyrie would probaly cost $224.45. If tha's going to be the case I am not ging to get it I'm happy with my 1/48.

That's what they said when the 1/60 came out. :lol:

My pick would be a VF-1D also...Oh well...

As far as the choices go...DYRL Kakizake (c'mon give the guy some love...it would be pretty bad if Toynami could go on record as being the only company to produce a Kakizake <_< )

*edit - spelling*

Edited by Manji

Let them finish the VF-1 line first. Then let's move on to stuff like Flashback and Mac+! And for Graham, the Macross 7 line! :)

I say Yamato should just give us the GBP in 1/48 and call it a day. I'm personally getting tired of all the re-hashes, but at the same time can't stop buying whatever is released. "Collectors' bug" I guess! ;)

-1s.

Are they gonna make a connon fodder? It wouln'd be too hard to do, so they just gotta! No Macross Line or collection is complete without CFs of the A type!

I couldn't say for sure, I just put the Valks I thought had the best chance of getting made anytime soon on the list. If the enthusiasm for the 1/48 line stays at the level it is, I'm sure we'll see the "brown bull's-eye" at some point. I'm kinda surprised the Max VF-1S is gettin' no love to speak of.

if they didn't make Kakizaki's in 1/60 what makes you so sure they'll make it in the 1/48 scale?

then again, it could be sold as a limited edition much like the low-vis...and same can go to all the other vf's you put up there

Although I haven't heard anything from Yamato yet, my guess is that the 1/48 M&M with FP is probably a done deal. I mean, it makes good financial sense as Yamato already has the tooling for the VF-1J, so they might as well milk the molds more and release other color variations.

Personally, I don't think a 1/48 VF-1A CF is likely as firstly the 1/60 CF was not such a hot seller after the initial 'Limited' hype blew over. Secondly, many fans are getting tired of DYRL stlye VF-1A and I doubt Yamato would be willing to invest money to sculpt a TV type VF-1A head.

I also think a 1/48 VF-1D is unlikey as it would require resculpting of several parts and color variations are not possible to help recover costs.

Even though people are getting a bit tired of the VF-1A, I strongly suspect that we may end up seeing a Kakizaki VF-1A 1/48 from Yamato as they included his stikers in the FP set.

Graham

me wants the VF-2SS also.

but if i have to choose from the ones above id choose the m&m 's

as i still dont have any(yup the others escaped me) :lol:

and offcourse if i have the funds.

Hey graham is there any change that yamato makes this a giftpack?

maybe then they will be just a tidbit cheaper to get. :lol:

Although I haven't heard anything from Yamato yet, my guess is that the 1/48 M&M with FP is probably a done deal. I mean, it makes good financial sense as Yamato already has the tooling for the VF-1J, so they might as well milk the molds more and release other color variations.

Personally, I don't think a 1/48 VF-1A CF is likely as firstly the 1/60 CF was not such a hot seller after the initial 'Limited' hype blew over. Secondly, many fans are getting tired of DYRL stlye VF-1A and I doubt Yamato would be willing to invest money to sculpt a TV type VF-1A head.

I also think a 1/48 VF-1D is unlikey as it would require resculpting of several parts and color variations are not possible to help recover costs.

Even though people are getting a bit tired of the VF-1A, I strongly suspect that we may end up seeing a Kakizaki VF-1A 1/48 from Yamato as they included his stikers in the FP set.

Graham

Great, now I can reenact the whole scene when Kakizaki dies. :lol:

Hmm, I wonder how I should go about blowing up his valkyrie. <_<

Edited by rsvictor1976