75 members have voted

1. 1. Useless Fantasy Macross Poll

• Max VF-1S
    • Max/Miria VF-1J
    • Kakizaki VF-1A (DYRL)
    • Max VF-1A (TV)
    • Cannon Fodder VF-1A
    • More than one/all

Personally, I don't think a 1/48 VF-1A CF is likely as firstly the 1/60 CF was not such a hot seller after the initial 'Limited' hype blew over. Secondly, many fans are getting tired of DYRL stlye VF-1A and I doubt Yamato would be willing to invest money to sculpt a TV type VF-1A head.

I also think a 1/48 VF-1D is unlikey as it would require resculpting of several parts and color variations are not possible to help recover costs.

Whaaaaat! I don't believe it, if they can't complete the entire line, then why start at all?

Then again, you've got a good point about the VF-1D, and it would pretty much equally be the same situation for the VE and VT-1. But seriously Graham, and all the other Valkyrie crits, would you think that a resculpting of the VF-1D wuold be really hard to do?

EDIT I didn't know that there was a difference between the DYRL VF-1A CF and the TV version. Is it just something small (ie VF-1S Focker head, TV version black arrow, DYRL version yellow arrow)?

Edited by kensei

if they didn't make Kakizaki's in 1/60 what makes you so sure they'll make it in the 1/48 scale?

I never claimed to be "sure." I'm no Sith Lord, after all. Obviously it wouldn't be hard to do though, and the demand seems to be there. I think the fact that they missed him in the 1/60 line makes it more likely that we'll see it in 1/48.

I didn't know that there was a difference between the DYRL VF-1A CF and the TV version.

That detail has escaped my notice as well, though I suspect it has something to do with the optic sensor. Can anyone shed any light on the issue?

mcr389l.jpg

Edited by Draykov

another VF-4 in 1/48 scale!

I imagine it'll be a while, but I wouldn't put it past Yamato (once they've done everything they want for the DYRL and SDF Macross TV releases).

I also think a 1/48 VF-1D is unlikey as it would require resculpting of several parts and color variations are not possible to help recover costs.

That would mean that the Elint and Ostrich might be out of the picture too. Meh! That would bite!

Help us Cobywa... er Fulcy, you're our only hope...

:(

I didn't know that there was a difference between the DYRL VF-1A CF and the TV version.

That detail has escaped my notice as well, though I suspect it has something to do with the optic sensor. Can anyone shed any light on the issue?

You are correct, sir... the optic sensor on the TV version does not have the black frame around it unlike the DYRL version.

i chose the multiple option,but my first choice on that list wouold be a max vf-1s type. there's the max love everybody's been wondering about.the next choices would be a kakizaki dyrl? vf-1a & a vf-1a t.v. type max. B)

You are correct, sir... the optic sensor on the TV version does not have the black frame around it unlike the DYRL version.

Isn't that the 1J?

Although I haven't heard anything from Yamato yet, my guess is that the 1/48 M&M with FP is probably a done deal. I mean, it makes good financial sense as Yamato already has the tooling for the VF-1J, so they might as well milk the molds more and release other color variations.

Personally, I don't think a 1/48 VF-1A CF is likely as firstly the 1/60 CF was not such a hot seller after the initial 'Limited' hype blew over. Secondly, many fans are getting tired of DYRL stlye VF-1A and I doubt Yamato would be willing to invest money to sculpt a TV type VF-1A head.

Even though people are getting a bit tired of the VF-1A, I strongly suspect that we may end up seeing a Kakizaki VF-1A 1/48 from Yamato as they included his stikers in the FP set.

Graham

Makes sense to me to use the molds and milk it. If they make M&M FP as a double pack, that would be very expensive say like $185x2 basing my cost model from VE when I made my preorder there. I really doubt that. That would put a definite hurt in everyone's wallet unless you are Sith Lord. :p I already hurting from my 5 purchases of 1/48 from last month. (1 max and 4 low vis :D .) Individual ones would be great so I can get mutiple Max.

I would like to see a CF and Kakizaki (DRYL and TV version). A Max version of the VF-1A would be great... As for the VF-1D, I see that sculpting the head and cockpit to make it from one to two pilots would be costly (mainly the cockpit). Although if yamato wants to milk it they could make the Elintseeker and SuperOstrich. But I dunno how popular it is with the 1/60 line. Like some, I am limiting myself to 1/48. I quit getting the 1/60.

Unless they take a page out of Hasegawa's book and make the Max/Millia "Virgin Road" VF-1D.

I'd be one of the 5 people to buy that one! ;)

And they could do an Angel Birds VF-1D. I don't know that we've ever seen one before, but most flight demonstration teams that have single seat aircraft have a two-seater variant around for liason missions.

F16D.jpg

usn_fa-18b_01.jpg

Edited by Draykov

Isn't that the 1J?

No the VF-1J is just the color shift. Which may or may not be an animation error.

The VF-1A difference is physical. The DYRL version has the black frame around it while the TV version is just a green square, much like the VF-1D.

Isn't that the 1J?

No the VF-1J is just the color shift. Which may or may not be an animation error.

The VF-1A difference is physical. The DYRL version has the black frame around it while the TV version is just a green square, much like the VF-1D.

Oh okay right. I see what you mean now.

Unless they take a page out of Hasegawa's book and make the Max/Millia "Virgin Road" VF-1D.

That "Virgin Road" VF-1D photo wasn't loading.

post-4-1066083332_thumb.jpg

Edited by Draykov