Futurama Fans Rejoice!!!!!!!!

Dobber

Awesome!

But what happened to those straight to dvd movies that were talked about?

410885[/snapback]

I was wondering about that too. 13 episodes is great though, infact I think I prefer it, and WHEN they do well, we'll probably get more!!!!

Chris

Fox can bite my shinny metal ass!!!!

Man, this is great, although nothing will top the election episode.

Morbo: "Morbo will now introduce tonights candidates. Puny human number one, puny human number two and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon."

Nixon: "Hello Morbo. How's the family?"

Morbo: "Belligerent and numerous."

Nixon: "Good man, Nixon's pro-war and pro-family."

Best news since Family Guy re-spawned. I wonder if the 4 feature-length Futurama films are still happening or if they were just converted to these 13 episodes? Either way - pure awesomeness. And unlike Family Guy, I'm glad this show isn't going back to Fox.

I don't know. I've been watching the Futurama DVD sets... just finished season 3. The earlier stuff was hilarious, but as I work my way through, I'm starting to see why it got canned. The newer stuff wasn't nearly as funny. (As opposed to Family Guy, which was funniest in its third season... when it got canned).

I don't know.  I've been watching the Futurama DVD sets... just finished season 3.  The earlier stuff was hilarious, but as I work my way through, I'm starting to see why it got canned.  The newer stuff wasn't nearly as funny.  (As opposed to Family Guy, which was funniest in its third season... when it got canned).

410946[/snapback]

Actually i think Family Guy got canned in its second season before being picked up agani for more episodes due to its popularity on CN.

Great News about Futurama though, i wonder when the new episodes will actually start airing?

I finally saw the one with the dog that waited for Fry, I have to admit, even for a hard hearted bastard like me, that one got to me.

:lol:

The Spuds McKenzie one was great too.

"I'm tired of partying guys, I just want to stay in one night and you know, rent a couple of movies"

411221[/snapback]

Completely off topic, but your sig wins teh internets.

*spraypaints WOLVERINES! on blown out Zentradi battlepod*

Strange how it's Comedy "We need another animated hit show, like, now" Central that is ordering up the new eps... I would have put money on Cartoon Network being first to the door with the money demanding new eps. After all, if it wasn't for renewed interest in the show thanks to CN there would most likely be no demand for new eps in the first place.

I guess this is yet another case of CN showing the gods of broadcast TV that yet another jem they threw away is still worth something. I wonder how long until other CN "forgotten treasures" get remade... so... who has the rights to The Critic?

Strange how it's Comedy "We need another animated hit show, like, now" Central that is ordering up the new eps... I would have put money on Cartoon Network being first to the door with the money demanding new eps. After all, if it wasn't for renewed interest in the show thanks to CN there would most likely be no demand for new eps in the first place.

I guess this is yet another case of CN showing the gods of broadcast TV that yet another  jem they threw away is still worth something. I wonder how long until other CN "forgotten treasures" get remade... so... who has the rights to The Critic?

411254[/snapback]

Wasn't the critic done by the same people who did the simpsons? Anyway, I'd kill for that show to make a come back, it would have so much material to work with these days.

I guess this is yet another case of CN showing the gods of broadcast TV that yet another  jem they threw away is still worth something. I wonder how long until other CN "forgotten treasures" get remade... so... who has the rights to The Critic?

411254[/snapback]

Wasn't the critic done by the same people who did the simpsons? Anyway, I'd kill for that show to make a come back, it would have so much material to work with these days.

411257[/snapback]

Who knows. It changed so many hands, CC still plays the reruns. Ever see the online shorts? Jon Lovitz did those too.

Here's an update. Apparently the 4 DVD movies are being broken down into 4 episodes each, for a total of 16 epsiodes. These movies are the new episodes. Full article is here:

http://www.gotfuturama.com/

Not sure if that is a good thing or not....well good because it's more new futurama, but.....sort of a let down because I was hoping for renewal.....I guess if it does well it may be renewed.

Chris

• 1 year later...

Although I'm EXTREMELY overjoyed by this, I'm a bit confused. First it was going to be 4 movies, then I heard they were going to be broken up into episodes for television, but now it looks like there are 4 straight-to-DVD movies. Is it not coming back to television then? Are they doing both?

Regardless, WOO-HOO!

Yup, 4 movies THEN they are going to be broken up and re-editied with new material to make them work as stand-alone epsiodes to be shown on Comedy Central. I guess/hope if all goes well, they may order more episodes after that!!

"You know what's funny?" :lol:

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Wait wait wait...so the version of these movies that will be shown on Comedy Central are going to have stuff added to them?? Are they going to then release THOSE versions on DVD, like "Season 5" or something?

I guess I'll just rent the DVDs and see what happens. Or buy them now and just sell them off later if the extended episodes are released.

And again, WOO-FREAKIN'-HOO!!! :)

• 1 month later...
anyone seen it yet? Pretty damn funny :p neat twist at the end ^_^

I'll be seeing it on the 27th, when the DVD is released. I love Futurama too much to watch any cruddy internet rips, especially of the new stuff. Glad to hear a favorable review though! :)