The new "Improved" 1/48 Roy

Jin_Kune_Do

Vote  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes i will buy the new and "improved" Skull - 001
    • No i wont buy the damm thing

I've already got two Roy 1Ss (one open, one sealed). I'm gonna hang on to the open one and give the sealed one to a buddy of mine for Christmas. He's not into Macross as much as I am, but he thinks it's cool and he's loved the 1/60 I've given him. He won't know the difference, so I don't feel bad about it, and I get an improved Roy. If I didn't like Roy's Valk more than the Hikaru 1S, I might not worry about it, but I do, so I'm a sucker.

Looks like procrastinating and being a cheapskate has paid off. I most definitely will buy the new 'Roy.....

Also, if they end up reissuing the "Low Availability Valkyrie" I will be seriously annoyed.....

Didn't buy the first, can't afford to buy the second.

The Low Vis, VF-1J w FAST packs, and Hikaru 1S will be my only 1/48 valkyries until Yamato announces either the Super O or Milia in 1/48.

Wish I could afford the Roy though. Definitely a beautiful toy.

Edited by Etrigan

Unless they do the panel lines and detail it out like the lowvis, i have one (the old one) other than that, it would be a waste of money to me

Waste not want not :D

Anywhoo, Graham already asked if Yamato had any plans of doing panels for the Hikaru VF-1S, like what was done on the LV. Unfortunately, he got a "no" so I doubt the 1S Roy will have it either.

No. I've already got a VF-1S in the 1/48 scale and I'm extremely happy with it. Although if Yamato doesn't offer those damn television series hands for the 1/48 scale Valkyrie, I might have to purchase a VF-1J just to get them. I won't be happy if that's my only option :angry:

I've decided to get the new VF-1S Roy. But now I have to get rid of the first edition one I have. How much do you think I can get for it? It's got the crooked skull, the flawd head, but the cockpit stays open.

now that you mention it, a new Roy would be better than the one i have too. mine has crooked skulls AND a backwards arm. at least i think it's backwards - the screws are exposed on the wrong side.

now i just need me some money. :p

I've decided to get the new VF-1S Roy. But now I have to get rid of the first edition one I have. How much do you think I can get for it? It's got the crooked skull, the flawd head, but the cockpit stays open.

now that you mention it, a new Roy would be better than the one i have too. mine has crooked skulls AND a backwards arm. at least i think it's backwards - the screws are exposed on the wrong side.

I have that too, on my Hikaru VF-1A... The shoulder and upper arm are backwards.

Dunno. If they do a GBP then I might get a 1S to put a strike pack on and use the Hikaru 1J for the GBP. Otherwise, I'll probably skip the Roy 1S and put the strike pack on the Hikaru 1J.

I've already got a 1/55 Roy. That's suiting me pretty well at this point.

Since I did not get the original release, mainly because of the QC issues I've read about, Yamato's re-release of Roy's VF-1S with all the innitial bugs corrected is a boon for me. I can't wait for it to be available, as no Valkyrie collection, in any scale, is complete without the Skull leader's machine. My only question, as voiced by innumerable other members, is weather or not the box will have a distinctive call-out to distinguish it from the original.

Yes, I will get the new Roy. My old one will become a Jetfire.

I want a Roy but was scared off by the stuff that happened before. Last night was playing around with my 1/60 Roy (not a Strike sadly and Yamato doesn't look like they're going to do the upgrades :angry: ) and was admiring the paint scheme... probably mostly out of nostalgia. heh. Plus the 1/48 head seam still bugs the hell out of me for some reason. It's not critical, but its enough to say "get another Low-Viz instead." Or play hardball on a Max. ;)

But yeah, I'm leaning on it. And woudln't get an older one except at a good discount. Another factor AGAINST is that I won't be able to identify the new vs the old, i don't think. I could just get the Hikaru 1S and solve that problem. ;)

Edited by Uxi

I have that too, on my Hikaru VF-1A... The shoulder and upper arm are backwards.

you think we can get our money back? :D

depending on my cash reserves at the time, i think i'm leaning towards buying another Roy.

I'll get it! I'll turn that into my dyrl valk and my current one into a TV one. Hopefully the TV FAST Packs will come out on their own so I can truly have the ultimate Macross collection! :D