The Simpsons Movie.

Can someone clear this up. I heard conflicting reports that this is a live-action series possibly starring Tom Arnold, as well as it being an animated feature.

So which is it?

it is most likely animated, i think a live action with tom would be a disgrace to the franchise.

chris

Dude... the show's been on the air for 15+ years and it only NOW gets a movie??

388216[/snapback]

I know. They should've done this about ten years ago.

Let's just hope they get back some of the original writers (like Conan O'Brien) to come back for this one.

Dude... the show's been on the air for 15+ years and it only NOW gets a movie??

388216[/snapback]

I know. They should've done this about ten years ago.

Let's just hope they get back some of the original writers (like Conan O'Brien) to come back for this one.

388227[/snapback]

I remember reading a long time ago that Matt Groening was against making a movie until after the series was over. Eventually i think he changed that mind set and i dont think this next season will be the last run of the Simpsons.

Simpsons is signed on for at least two more seasons, which means it's running until at least season 19.

Season 17 had been the lamest thing I've ever seen on television. Season 11 - 13 weren't as terrible but they certainly did suck quite a bit. Simpsons stopped being good after season 9 or so.

Will the movie suck? I don't know. I hope not. The Family Guy movie certainly did, but Family Guy's humor is pretty repetitive anyway, and it stopped being funny a long time ago as well.

Will the movie suck? I don't know. I hope not. The Family Guy movie certainly did, but Family Guy's humor is pretty repetitive anyway, and it stopped being funny a long time ago as well.

388238[/snapback]

Family Guy is just rehashed Simpsons skits.

Little known fact: Nancy Cartwright (the voice of Bart) is the mayor of Northridge in Los Angeles. I believe she's a Republican though. :(

Can someone clear this up. I heard conflicting reports that this is a live-action series possibly starring Tom Arnold, as well as it being an animated feature.

So which is it?

388224[/snapback]

They ran the trailer for it during "Ice Age 2". It's animated.

Little known fact: Nancy Cartwright (the voice of Bart) is the mayor of Northridge in Los Angeles.  I believe she's a Republican though. :(

388245[/snapback]

You got a problem with that? :D

Anyway, I haven't been very actively watching new episodes since 2000, though I have been buying the DVD sets and I like watching classic episodes every now and then. Since they got til July 2007 to make this thing, it better be good! :)

Simpsons is signed on for at least two more seasons, which means it's running until at least season 19.

Season 17 had been the lamest thing I've ever seen on television. Season 11 - 13 weren't as terrible but they certainly did suck quite a bit. Simpsons stopped being good after season 9 or so.

388238[/snapback]

The season 7 set was the last one i think i'll be buying. I haven't watched too many episodes over the last 5 or 6 years or so myself, until my girlfriend insisted that we start watching it every Sunday. :ph34r: It's def. not as good as i remember it, but at least they're trying. I really hope the movie isn't a stinker.

Edited by Veritas

388238[/snapback]

Family Guy is just rehashed Simpsons skits.

Little known fact: Nancy Cartwright (the voice of Bart) is the mayor of Northridge in Los Angeles. I believe she's a Republican though. :(

388245[/snapback]

But Family Guy, for the most part, is still funny. The Simpsons hasn't been funny in years. This season has been awful to say the least. Too bad about Nancy...oh well nobody's perfect lol :p

A Simpsons movie is long overdue. They should have had at least done 1 or 2 already.

I've always felt that the second we saw a Simpsons movie it would spell the doom of the series. Most movies made from TV properties do. I used to be a Simpsons fan ten years ago but now I skip them and wait for Family Guy to come on. Will I see this movie? At some point, yes... but most likely not in the theaters. I'm just not all that interested right now... ten years ago I would have been waiting in line now but the old addage of "too little too late" seems fitting to me.

I've always felt that the second we saw a Simpsons movie it would spell the doom of the series. Most movies made from TV properties do. I used to be a Simpsons fan ten years  ago but now I skip them and wait for Family Guy to come on. Will I see this movie? At some point, yes... but most likely not in the theaters. I'm just not all that interested right now... ten years ago I would have been waiting in line now but the old addage of "too little too late" seems fitting to me.

388381[/snapback]

Not quite. The Southpark movies were pretty cool. Beavis and Butthead too, in a B&B kinda way. :lol:

But the Bevis & Butthead movie was the beginning of the death of the show... and I still think Southpark the movie was the turning point in that show as well, ever since it has never been as popular as it was when the movie came out.

Movies are generally shown at the peak of a show's popularity to cash in on the hype... just look at every kid's cartoon show movie. And soon after the movie comes out the franchise fades and dies out.

The Simpsons should died a long time ago.

Remember when it first came out of people were all upset of the negative influence it could have? By todays standards the Simpsons is a tamed show now. The first few season by today standards were less tame then they are now. They've stopped being funny a long time ago and now are just corny and hokey.

After 17 years on TV....yeah...Simpsons is quite stale. But don't you know...they signed a perpetual service contract with Fox ("Behind the Laughter" Episode 1122/BABF17/Original Airdate: 5/21/00).

Remember when it first came out of people were all upset of the negative influence it could have?

388429[/snapback]

My Mormon friend would have to come over to my house to watch the Simpsons because his father forbid him to watch it. My mom always complained, "Why does Bart call his dad by his name? That's disrespectful!" Then she'd stick around for a couple of minutes and laugh at a joke and then say, "Oh that's terrible!" LOL :p

I remember when President George the First and First Lady Barbara said it was the stupidest thing they had ever watched. Then the writers come out with the "Two Bad Neighbors" episode. Pure comedic gold!

dang, it's about time!! I was wondering when they were gonna have a movie. Even beavis and butt-head got a movie before they did. <_<:D:p:lol:

• 3 months later...

This might as well go straight to DVD. What's the point?! I doubt they're going to do anything that pushes what they already do on the show. That's why the Beavis and Butthead movie sucked. They didn't take advantage of the opportunity of putting it up on the big screen to really cut loose. So far, only the South Park movie did. They could never have done that on Comedy Central at that time. Of course, you can catch the movie uncensored after hours now on CC, but it's been years later.

I'll check this out when it comes to tv someday or borrow someone's DVD version.

I don't know, I guess we'll see. As for the DVD's I think the season that will be released in a few weeks will be my last. It hasa few jems in it like the X-files episode!! It's funny, Amazon reviews pretty much state that this is the last good season of the Simpsons. The show then turns into the Celeb. guest voice show. <_<

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Hey, Season 8 has the episode with Hank Scorpio. That episode is in my Top 5 and may be my favorite Simpsons' episode ever. I think that episode alone makes Season 8 worth getting.

As to the movie, I do agree it's 10 years too late, but I'll probably go see it anyway.

The season 7 set was the last one i think i'll be buying.  I haven't watched too many episodes over the last 5 or 6 years or so myself, until my girlfriend insisted that we start watching it every Sunday.  :ph34r:  It's def. not as good as i remember it, but at least they're trying.  I really hope the movie isn't a stinker.

388274[/snapback]

Season 8 is the one that's comming out in Aug. correct? Season 7 was the last one that was released with the Marge box right? If so 8 will be my last set also.

Homer is a Dope t-shirts!!

Chris

A show that pushes the boundrys on TV is doomed to fail in the restrictionless environment of Film.

No one is going to care if you artfully say something that is just barely allowed by the PG or PG-13 rating when the R rating is sitting right over there.

This is why the Bevis and Butthead movie was bland, and sponge bob. Those shows pushed the envelope for their tv time slots, but in film, they seemed watered down.

Southpark was a good example of how to do a TV-to-Movies step, go further than you ever could.

Even Transformers the Movie threw in a few substancial swear words to give their movie a little more big screen teeth.

I doubt we'll see anything in the Simpsons movie that we couldnt' have seen in a few episodes on TV. Possibly some better animation and celebritys.

what ever, gimmik gimmik gimmik

• 3 months later...