Has anyone seen the Turn A gundam movies, are they any good and do they add anything new to the series?

There's very little in the way of new animation, just one scene that I can think of. And given the horribly rapid pace of the first movie, you'll really be lost if you haven't seen the series. The second movie's pacing is normal (because it has so much less to cover), but it really should have been a trilogy of movies rather than just two.

Has anyone seen the Turn A gundam movies, are they any good and do they add anything new to the series?

You can find them at BoxTorrents if memory serves, but the subs look like they come from a bootleg...

• 3 months later...

Found this new pic of the gundam unicorn on Hobby Fanatics.

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?act...st&id=22885

Interesting, it sort of opens up or extends itself. I'm really liking the design of this gundam more and more.

Hopefully we get a MG for this mech.

I like how the V fin opens and closes, I thought that was just a rumor, I hope Unicorn gets an english release in the future.

Guys, I was re-watching the final disc of Zeta Gundam last night and I noticed that Yarzan seems to eject in a capsule. I can't have been paying much attention when I watched it at purchase because I thought he outright died.

Has he appeared in any other gundam media, even just an obscure side story manga?

Guys, I was re-watching the final disc of Zeta Gundam last night and I noticed that Yarzan seems to eject in a capsule. I can't have been paying much attention when I watched it at purchase because I thought he outright died.

Has he appeared in any other gundam media, even just an obscure side story manga?

Yarsan survives zeta gundam, only to appear in ZZ gundam as a slap stick character. How could such a tough enemy be reduced to a joke I have no idea.

Yes its a novel. Here's a link to them but they're untranslated so not much use. Looks like a "teenager at academy" sorta story judging from the illustrations.

http://photo.163.com/photos/led2989/

And a description of what the DESTROY mode is taken from another forum

"The Unicorn's appearance when the 'NT-D' system is activated. In this form, the psychoframe infused within the entire body's internal frame reads the pilot's thoughts (psychowaves) and directly influences the unit's movements. In other words, the MS can ultimately be controlled by thought alone.

However, when compared to one's idea of how a human body works, the stress of gravity on an 20 meter MS (more than 10 times the size) is extraordinary. Aided by the psychommu, the pilot's mind can only endure about five minutes of operation, after which a limiter is believed to activate, returning the MS to normal Unicorn form.

Furthermore, the system activates not according to the pilot's discretion, but automatically when certain conditions, as yet unexplained, are met."

Basically the same thing like Macross' YF-21 brainwave interface. But don't know is it supposed to increase the unit's agility or something.

Dunno about you but I could really go for a Gundam show with gay girls. :p

Careful now, with boys looking like girls, i wouldn't be surprised if the girls looked like boys in futures show.

• 1 month later...

Nice: /me wants more!

[...]

I really hope this story gets the anime treatment someday,

Me too

or at least give us a translation of the novels.

That, and a translation of the Sentinels books, pics included...