I guess would be the place to post this instead of starting a new thread. I just finished reading Tomino's Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 novel. I knew the all the spoilers before hand but I enjoyed it none the less. Any one read this book? If not I recommend that you do.

I guess would be the place to post this instead of starting a new thread. I just finished reading Tomino's Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 novel. I knew the all the spoilers before hand but I enjoyed it none the less. Any one read this book? If not I recommend that you do.

That's the one with the silver cover, right? Yeah, I really liked it a lot; I wish they'd translate some of Tomino's other Gundam novels.

I read it 2 years ago approximately: despite a poor writing style, I really enjoyed it

It's very complete and accurate concerning the overall universe and the history of colonization, with lots of details concerning the coup d'etat of the Zabi and the various consequences on Side 3. Characters are far much more mature and deep than in the show, as well as the overal plot which ends in a rather surprising way if you don't know what was the original plan for the TV series. I really like the relationship between Amuro and Lala particularly, depicted in a more emotional way, and the bond between Char and Sayla is more explicit too. Also, I finally could understand what these newtypes were supposed to be, which is not a luxury :p

As a complement to this book, I'd recommend to read Gerard K. O'Neil's The High Frontier although it may hurt the myth because, obviously, Tomino 'stole' a lot of ideas from it, and not only on the technical aspect of the space colonization but also on the sociological dimension

But whatever, Tomino's novel is definitively a must-read for all Gundam fans around and a great sci-fi novel too :)

That's it but it was also released earlier.

I'm pretty sure I have the original release of this at home in real nice condition, but have not read it yet... I always assumed that there was more than one book, so I wanted to wait until I could find some of the others. It's got a black cover with a bit Gundam illustration on it of which I cannot remember the details.

I'm pretty sure I have the original release of this at home in real nice condition, but have not read it yet... I always assumed that there was more than one book, so I wanted to wait until I could find some of the others. It's got a black cover with a bit Gundam illustration on it of which I cannot remember the details.

There were three and all were released in one volume in 2004 by Stone Bridge Press (www.stonebridge.com) retails at $14.95, 470+ pages.

is this a PSP game?

Arcade. It's from the same series as Federation Vs. Zeon, AEUG vs. Titans, Gundam Vs. Z Gundam, and Alliance Vs. ZAFT.

And if I'm reading the title right, are they really calling it Mobile Suit Gundam Gundam Vs. Gundam?

Anyway, there is a new PSP game coming next month that's called Gundam Battle Chronicle. It's the sequel to Gundam Battle Tactics and Gundam Battle Royale (both of which are way better than the crappy Gundam game for PS3... don't know why they haven't released them in English instead).

Arcade. It's from the same series as Federation Vs. Zeon, AEUG vs. Titans, Gundam Vs. Z Gundam, and Alliance Vs. ZAFT.

And if I'm reading the title right, are they really calling it Mobile Suit Gundam Gundam Vs. Gundam?

Anyway, there is a new PSP game coming next month that's called Gundam Battle Chronicle. It's the sequel to Gundam Battle Tactics and Gundam Battle Royale (both of which are way better than the crappy Gundam game for PS3... don't know why they haven't released them in English instead).

ah, thanks for clarifying!

I own gundam battle tactics and while it isn't a very deep game, it certainly is a lot of fun.

ah, thanks for clarifying!

I own gundam battle tactics and while it isn't a very deep game, it certainly is a lot of fun.

Then you should definitely get Battle Royale! It's very much improved from Tactics.

Plus, it's on the PlayStation the Best series in Japan, so you can import it for around $30. I've bought from Play-Asia before; I've found them to be very reliable.

There's something about the fact that I just know Char could take on La Creuset, Arthrun, and Zechs Marquis all at once and win that just makes me tingly... let-alone sicking Armuro on Heero and Kira...

Pimp-ass talented pilot heros > whiny babies

I'm a UC Gundam fan first and foremost, but lets not kid ourselves. If ever there was a whiny baby, it was Amuro, right down to his temper-tantrum Gundam-stealing fits.

BUT Armuro looks like a human being. Kira does not.

To be fair tho, at least when Kamille whined, he usually got hit by someone...

That's exactly what newer Gundam series need more of. Let the characters whine all they want, just make sure they get a slap in the face or a punched a few times by those higher up the chain right after or during mid-whine. It's called balance. Make sure no one sees the punch coming as well to make sure the scene is really good. Be equal about it as well. If it's a boy lead whining both male and female higher ups are in the clear. Seeing the female captain telling the guy to "man up" is something I'd like to see. On the flip, I say if you have a female going crazy let the slaping take place (by male or female).

BUT Armuro looks like a human being. Kira does not.

To be fair tho, at least when Kamille whined, he usually got hit by someone...

And at least when Kamille whined, he had a reason.

Amuro: "Boo hoo, the military won't let me act like I'm special just because I pilot the Gundam!"

Kira: "Boo hoo, I'm fighting my friend just because we're driving Mobile Suits instead of talking things out."

Kamille: "Boo hoo, the Titans killed my mom. In front of me."

Even though they cry and poo how much of a whiner was char in char's counterattack? "Boohoo some indian chick got killed by me because I wanted to show that I was superior to amuro and in a fight I accidentally killed her so now I want to drop colonies and kill millions of people that are polluting the planet." Newtypes are way too sensitive that's WHY they are dangerous. :D Don't mess with these cry babies!

I don't really see how previous gundams are any different to the newer ones to be honest. (apart from mecha design and art style) I like tomino but come on, these newer shows are just the same thing with new characters and the theme is all very similar to me. Just like all the final fantasy characters who are all young, almost too un-warrior like in build to be going around fighting poo with big swords and armor to be believable. Japan doesn't like grown men as the lead. It will always be whiney little kids saving the world because of the need to appeal to the audience that watches that show. Whereas the poor adult gets his butt whupped by a little punk despite all that hard work and years of training and experience to develop the leet skill.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Even though they cry and poo how much of a whiner was char in char's counterattack? "Boohoo some indian chick got killed by me because I wanted to show that I was superior to amuro and in a fight I accidentally killed her so now I want to drop colonies and kill millions of people that are polluting the planet." Newtypes are way too sensitive that's WHY they are dangerous. :D Don't mess with these cry babies!

I don't really see how previous gundams are any different to the newer ones to be honest. (apart from mecha design and art style) I like tomino but come on, these newer shows are just the same thing with new characters and the theme is all very similar to me. Just like all the final fantasy characters who are all young, almost too un-warrior like in build to be going around fighting poo with big swords and armor to be believable. Japan doesn't like grown men as the lead. It will always be whiney little kids saving the world because of the need to appeal to the audience that watches that show. Whereas the poor adult gets his butt whupped by a little punk despite all that hard work and years of training and experience to develop the leet skill.

Except that it was Amuro who killed Lalah, not Char. So it wasn't really a "Boo hoo, I accidentally killed my girlfriend" so much as him getting revenge on the real killer... which makes Char as macho as Antonio Banderas in Desperado.

Actually, I'd say it was Ramba Ral that snapped some sense into Amuro. But regardless, once he got back to space, he was cool. His father became a whacko who wanted to put junkyard scarps in his Gundam. Did Amuro cry about it? Nope, he just threw his fathers crap away, never talked to him again, and started killing Zeon like they were going out of style!

which makes Char as macho as Antonio Banderas in Desperado.

Macho? or just plain nuts :lol: Char is one screwed up character, lolita complex, ongoing revenge, identity crisis........is he a good guy or is he a bad guy. Anyway, he's still the best character out of the whole gundam franchise. B))

Edited by kung flu

I've always found MAHQ a little underdeveloped and not as extensive and detailed as I would like... esp. with older stuff. I realize that it's a fan effort and there's only so much they can do with some of the obscure stuff, but a little more description and explanation on some of the obscure stuff, esp. when there are no pics would be nice.