Nothing but hte word "F**K" huh? Sorry to hear that since you paid for it. And Im sorry I cracked up when I read that and imagined it.

Thats not all i also had an episode of first gundam where the subtitles are nothing but "Merry Christmas" all the way through and sometimes the F word also.

Thats not all i also had an episode of first gundam where the subtitles are nothing but "Merry Christmas" all the way through and sometimes the F word also.

Dam! Not as funny this time. Hope you stopped buying boots. I stopped long time ago. I knew about fansubbers but I didnt have a computer that could handle it, till I got a new one.

BTW the best boots are the direct rips from official releases but than I dont agree with that. But I just couldent see spending 100 bux on Wing. <_< Yah, Wing....

Also, hasent the 4th Special Edition of Destiny aired already? Any raws out yet? Does anyone know? I am REALLY impatient and I would love to see Kira in the White ZAFT Uniform. :D

We can still post RAW links to BT right?

Yes it has aired. Word is, nothing significant was changed that wasn't changed already in GSD Final Plus, besides the added ending. There is a raw available, but not in the usual spots. No BT links have been posted yet. 2ch has a bunch of screenshots.

Yes it has aired. Word is, nothing significant was changed that wasn't changed already in GSD Final Plus, besides the added ending. There is a raw available, but not in the usual spots. No BT links have been posted yet. 2ch has a bunch of screenshots.

Thanks for the update! Youve always been the best! :D Glad I wasent just going paranoid and feared it didnt air for some unknown reason. Guess people are too busy to upload a raw, or they have lives. :(

I'm still waiting to see Movie III released subtitled, kind of startin to piss me off a bit.

I had a copy of Turn A somewhere around here on VHS. The guy spent all his effort on the 1st episode on the DVD (this was back when Turn A was the first Gundam series to get a DVD release) and dies somewhere in episode 2. Episode 3 was horrible (missing subs, missing words, grammar, bad timing, etc). Episode 4 was about as bad as Episode 2. I quietly destroyed that tape. The Chinese sub I borrowed at a later time was significantly better in the subtitling job.

I think I know what you're talking about....I believe in 2000 or so, I had to download as much anime as possible in a weeks time and take it with me so I had something to watch while I was on the road to my grandparents place in Montana. Turn A Gundam 1 and 2 were part of those collections.....and it was missing subtitles and was poorly timed, so I think I was watching the exact same one you were.

But the other group who released and finished Turn A I think 2 years ago did a great job....I can't remember the guys name who did I think the translations, but he was going to help me out in Macross some years ago but had to drop out because he was working on Turn A.

Dam! Not as funny this time. Hope you stopped buying boots. I stopped long time ago. I knew about fansubbers but I didnt have a computer that could handle it, till I got a new one.

In the beginning i didn't know they were bootlegs, i thought they were hong kong official releases because they made the packaging look so good :o , and it was during a time when there was absolutely no anime in the shops apart from crappy manga video releases :angry: .

My only option was to import from the USA(expensive) :angry: , also gundam wasn't around in the US that time, so i looked to hong kong(cheap) :D .

In the beginning i didn't know they were bootlegs, i thought they were hong kong official releases because they made the packaging look so good :o , and it was during a time when there was absolutely no anime in the shops apart from crappy manga video releases :angry: .

My only option was to import from the USA(expensive) :angry: , also gundam wasn't around in the US that time, so i looked to hong kong(cheap) :D .

Yah I got suckered too. I can stand mistranslations, I could probably stand the "F**k" experience after I kooled of about it being wrong, but what is worse to me is crappy timing. It gets so confusing :wacko:

But thats enough for off topic for me. I am also still waiting for part III to be subbed. I am enjoying the Special Editions. My favorite change is the scene when Athrun slaps Shinn after helping those enslaved civilians. But I do miss Luna liking Athrun. <_< His harem just isn't complete without her.

My Zeta Gundam movie DVDs have arrived, this time I'm sure these are official Hong Kong releases

http://global.yesasia.com/en/Search/SearchResult.aspx

Each dvd comes with postcards and a poster, there are no English subtitles only Chinese. It has the original Japanese audio and also a Cantonese audio track.

I was planning on letting my cousin watch it with me in Cantonese so she can translate, but since i've watch the fansubs, i can pretend i can understand japanese :p

You'd be surprised what yesasia would sell....but I'm pretty sure that is a legit set you're talking about. Enjoy your 100% intact intro's & endings!

100% intact intro's & endings and also the 5.1 suround sound :)

yesasia seems pretty legit to me, i bought a few things from them before, though some of their prices can be high :o

I think they actually base their prices on what the Japanese market is for what things cost...alot of import stores are like that.

I mean christ 50 bucks for a dvd :p

The dvds i bought cost about £8 ($16) each, they are hong kong versions, they seem pretty legit to me. I wouldn't buy Japanese versions "christ 50 bucks for a dvd" :o

Edited by kung flu

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but after looking at a lot of Gundam Seed pictures, don't you think the male characters look girly? and the the faces are all the same with different hair and eyes, I've not seen seed so i don't know whats it about so I'm not saying its good or bad.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but after looking at a lot of Gundam Seed pictures, don't you think the male characters look girly? and the the faces are all the same with different hair and eyes, I've not seen seed so i don't know whats it about so I'm not saying its good or bad.

That's Hisashi Hirai's style.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ple.php?id=8024

Hirai has t hat kind of style where everyone looks the same in the animes he does, he'll even slightly reincarnate previous anime characters into his next job....it's sad when you don't got much of squat for originality :(

Did he also do fafner?, i saw a trailer and thought it was gundam seed.

What's funny is that Hirai was very popular for a few years with Fafner, Gundam SEED and Syc-red or whatever it was called...(didn't watch that one)

But his anime designs were all so damn similar I think people got very tired of him.

Somehow, I dunno how he ties into this, but he also worked on The End of Evangelion.

Hey guys, I need your alls expertice. All this recent talk of boots had me looking for good boots of SEED or even completing the Official DVDs. So I went where I normally buy stuff, ebay <_< , and I just could not trust those cheap sites. I know some boots are rips of the official (like my Gundam Wing set) but was not sure. So I headed over to Amazon.com (I have yet to buy stuff from there) and searched. And I came up with this SEED collection set of 3 DVDs.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Feature-Col...=UTF8&s=dvd

My question to you pros is: is this legitimate and genuine? IIRC the SEED DVDs had more than 7 DVDs. This only has 3. I guess this is recent but I have not read anyhting on it.

Also while I was browsing Amazon.com, I looked for Gundam Wing set :rolleyes: *ducks chairs being thrown at me*

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-W...=UTF8&s=dvd

If they are both good and official DVDs (I want official ones to correctly support the shows), than I shall buy them. Please help me out. :huh:

Also while I was browsing Amazon.com, I looked for Gundam Wing set :rolleyes: *ducks chairs being thrown at me*

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-W...=UTF8&s=dvd

If they are both good and official DVDs (I want official ones to correctly support the shows), than I shall buy them. Please help me out. :huh:

That's a bit pricey for the Wing set.

I would use DVD Price Search to find a cheaper copy.

http://www.dvdpricesearch.com

Which reminds me...I still need to get Wing on DVD. I have 13 VHS tapes of fansubs that need to go into the trash and DVDs are a god-send on space saving...

This hasashi guy doesn't seem to do much variety in his character designs, i was kind of put off gundam seed seeing pictures of the characters, but i still intend to watch it some time. The mecha designs is something that appeals to me more they look similar to UC. Though i do prefer my male characters to look more male instead of female.

To Legend of TSXer- I see the bandai logo on those dvds maybe you should check their website to see if they released these boxsets or see if any other shop sells them, a shop like virgin or hmv.

That explains a lot, I was confused when I saw the trailer to fafner. I kept thinking how could the same characters be in a different show.

I think Hirai got confused himself somewhere along the line.

That's probably why all characters in Fafner have got "scratches" in their face... :D

Does anyone have the first gundam japanese tv box sets. I just pre-ordered them. I thought bandai in the USA said they could not get the japanese audio because it was degraded very badly, so they only release an english dub version. Yet the japanese version is coming out with original audio.

Does this mean we have been lied to?

Actually I think Bandai USA wasn't allowed to get the entire Japanese Audio cause Bandai Japan didn't want them to have it for DVD distribution.

That's why the TV series was English only.

I seem to remember something about the audio being degraded and it was impractical to re-dub the whole TV series with the original cast, so they only re-dubbed the movie versions.

I seem to remember something about the audio being degraded and it was impractical to re-dub the whole TV series with the original cast, so they only re-dubbed the movie versions.

It's a bunch of bull. MSG was released on LD in 1999, and obviously it's the same audio on the current release. The movies were redubbed, but that audio is separate. The real reason the Japanese dub was never released here was that Bandai didn't want Japanese fans to reverse import cheaper American DVDs. And given how expensive the box sets that they finally released are, the fear was justified.

• 2 weeks later...

That was great! How I wish we could get better quality out these youtube vids, or at least be able to save easily.

Gundam Evolve ISOs --- Found these torrents for the DVDs for Evolve 1-15. They're RAW, but the best quality that I've had!

Gundam Evolve Plus (Evolve 1-5 w/ 5.1) -- ISO File

-- 1- RX-78-2 Gundam

-- 2- RX-178 Gundam Mk II

-- 3- GF13-017NJII God Gundam

-- 4- RX-78GP03 Dendrobium

-- 5- RX-93 v Gundam

Gundam Evolve../A (Evolve 11-15) -- RAR'd ISO File

-- 6- YMF-X000A Dreadnought Gundam & CAT1-X1/3 Hyperion Gundam Unit 1

-- 7- XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero Custom

-- 8- GAT-X105 Strike Gundam

-- 9- "White Zeta" (Zeta Gundam 3A Type), "Grey Zeta" (Zeta Gundam 3B Type), "Red Zeta" (Zeta Gundam P2/3C Type)

-- 10- MSZ-010S Enhanced ZZ Gundam

Gundam Evolve../Ω (Evolve 6-10) -- RAR'd ISO File

-- 11- RB-79 Ball

-- 12- RMS-099 Rick Dias (Quattro Bageena's Custom)

-- 13- RMS-108 Marasai

-- 14- Musha Gundam (SD)

-- 15- RX-78 Gundam(Evolve 15 ver.), MAN-03 Braw Bro, White Base

Here's the Official Evolve site for some more info: http://www.gundam-evolve.net/index.html

:D

Edited by GRAND CANNON