Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

Lineart for 1/100 Saviour

saviourlinety9xt4.th.jpg

I've been happy with BEE-Craft so far, but this is one of those times where I disagree with the reproportioning. Especially the wings. They appear sweeped back far enough to make it apear stubby in MA mode (Also looks like they are stubby). Guess I should consider extending the wings...

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-destiny/zgmf-x23s.htm

The Titans-color Mk. II swiveling waist was in response to the AEUG-color Mk. II. Who screwed with the design or the mold is anybody's guess. It's not bug...it's a feature. :unsure:

Sounds interesting. I recently completed a Mk-II AEUG version I got at AX for 27 bucks. I'm not sure the difference mentioned, but I have no complaints with this kit as far as posability is concerned.

I didn't know there was a difference between the two. I just chose based on the colors. Basically, I've got a great kit of the Mk-II as piloted by Emma Sheen (made more sense to paint the pilot this way).

70. AMX-004-3 Mk-II (Ple II's Custom) (2/2004) -- Re-Color

71. XXXG-01W Wing Gundam ver. Ka (3/2004) -- New

72. RMS-099 Rick Dias (5/2004) -- New

73. MSN-02 Perfect Zeong (6/2004) -- Tweak

74. ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam (7/2004) -- New

75. RMS-106 Hi-Zack (8/2004) -- New

76. MBF-02 Strike Rouge (9/2004) -- Re-Color

77. XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero (10/2004) -- New

78. RB-79 Ball ver. Ka (12/2004) -- New

79. RMS-099 Rick Dias (Quattro Bageena’s Custom) (12/2004) -- Re-Color & Tweak

80. RX-78-2 Gundam (ver. One Year War 0079) (3/2005) -- New

81. MS-06F/J Zaku II (ver. One Year War 0079) (4/2005) -- Re-Color

82. MS-07B Gouf (ver. One Year War 0079) (4/2005) -- Re-Color

83. MS-09 Dom (ver. One Year War 0079) (4/2005) -- Re-Color

84. MS-14S Gelgoog (Char Aznable's Custom) (ver. One Year War 0079) (4/2005) -- Re-Color

85. RB-79K Ball (5/2005) -- Tweak

86. MSM-04 Acguy (7/2005) -- New

87. MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki (Non-plated ver.) (9/2005) -- Re-Color & Tweak

88. ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam (Extra Finish ver.) (9/2005) -- Re-Color

89. RX-178 Gundam Mk II ver. 2.0 (AEUG Use) (10/2005) -- New

90. MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam ver. 2.0 (12/2005) -- New

91. MSA-003 Nemo (2/2006) -- New

92. RX-178 Gundam MK II ver. 2.0 (Titans Use) (3/2006) -- Re-Color

93. YMS-15 Gyan (5/2006) -- New

94. Gundam F91 (7/2006) -- New

95. RB-79 Ball (ver. Ms igLoo) (8/2006) -- Re-Color

96. XM-X1 Crossbone Gundam X-1 ver. Ka (9/2006) -- New

97. GAT-X105+P202QX Strike Gundam IWSP (10/2006) -- Tweak

98. RGM-79[G] GM Sniper (11/2006) -- Re-Color & Tweak

99. Gundam F91 (Captain Harrison’s Custom) (11/2006) -- Re-Color

100. ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam (12/2006) -- Tweak

Just a little info showing the trend over the past few years.

While I do like seeing different variants showing up, it's a shame that they take up most of the releases rather than new molds.

Seeing a new mold bi-monthly with re-colors/tweaks in between would be nice.

But I guess an argument of "quality over quantity" may be valid for MGs, too.

Any guesses on '07?

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Any guesses on '07?

I would absolutely love to see a GM Sniper Custom II, you know the one from 0080 and Rise From the Ashes.

It's a thing of beauty and it doesnt get any love. Plus then I could do it up in White Dingos' colors.

It probably won't happen though, since the usually do things in phases, and they probably won't redo their other 0080 kits any time soon.

Edited by Shmitty

I'm Baaaack. Hey.

So, some of you may remember that a few pages ago I was asking a lot of dumb questions about the PG Aile Striker, Skygrasper and all that. Well as you will recall I got that all straightened out, Thanks to you all, and then went Gundam shopping.

I ended up getting my nephwes the PG kits, but I also picked up a couple of MG's for myself, namely: MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam v2.0, and RX-178 Gundam MkII v. 2.0. I am about ready to start building them and I have a few questions I'm hoping to get some help with.

You see I truly despise the bright-bubblegum-cartoony colour scheme that is the Gundam mainstay and I want to paint the kits. My problem is I don't know how to go about that with a Snap-Fit kit. How do you test fit This kind of kit without 'Snapping' it together? Can it be 'Un-Snapped' easily? Is it advisable to paint the inner 'skeleton' or will this cause assembly fit, and movement problems?

So this is what I'm thinking: cut the parts off of the trees; sand/clean-up sprue nubs; test-fit (if possible); prime- base coat (seal) -assemble sub-assemblies - decal (seal)-panel line - weather (seal) - final assembly.

Does this sound about right? What steps do you guys (who paint your kits) use?

Is there maybe a website or something where this kind of stuff is covered?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Charles.

Edited by Chas

From Gunota:

Bandai will be releasing 2 version for the first batch. The Special Option Ver. will contain an original booklet, special option, and the MG kit. It will be priced at 7000 yen.

Bah.... screw all this gay Seed crap, just give us a new Zaku II MG already...

While I like Seed, and the Freedom, I think the first one was good enough. Rather than tweaking and recoloring I'd rather some Gundam's who have been snubbed from the MG treatment:

Gundam Deathscythe Hell

Gundam Heavy Arms

Tallgeese

Epyon

an MG Red/Blue and Gold Frame

Gundam leopard

• 2 weeks later...

From Gunota:

Plamo Radiocon 2006 pics (there's even a SDF-01 Macross there)

http://happy.ap.teacup.com/runchickens/

http://www6.ocn.ne.jp/~midori-b/midori-g/seisaku001.htm

HGUC Gaplant TR-5 - 2,520 yen, December

R3 L-Gaim Mark-II

EX Model Hildolfr

HSM reports the MG Strike Freedom special option includes DRAGOON effect parts, gold-plated joint parts, and a custom stand.

Items on exhibit:

1/100 R3 Walker Gallier

HCM-Pro Gelgoog (Kuspen version from MS IGLOO)

HCM-Pro Hyaku-Shiki (coating version)

HCM-Pro Qubeley

Boxart for MG S-Freedom

IPB Image

Kerberos BuCUE

IPB ImageIPB Image

edit: updated list, article link: http://aeug.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_aeug_a...122956961753148

I recently bought the 1/60 P.G. Strike Gundam. Can someone help me with the symbols in the construction manual?

What do these symbols mean?

From left to right, top to bottom:

Brush, Peel sticker, Press with a dull tip (I think for the dry markings), Seperate, Press together, NOTICE!, Notice screwdriver, cut/trim, x2(3, 4, 5, ...etc) times/, Fit orientation(can't translate), Fit orientation (can't translate) , Rotate x-degrees, Alternative look, Rotating pieces/Alternate look.

Dalong.net has pics of the MG Strike w/IWSP as well as the 1/100 Saviour Gundam:

Again, I'm not terribly happy with the wing redesign on Saviour. Feels stubby and the 2 plasma cannons feel oversized.

Next Gundam noob question, can anyone tell me are these Gunze Colors and if so which ones specifically?

Some are Gunze (or Tamiya) colors. Some are not. The colors listed are the suggested colors used for the model. You do not have to follow them. They are there if you wish to match the colors used in the manual/boxart. They list the paints they used, or if you wish to mix your own paints, they list the mix ratios. For example, that yellow is mix of 90% Yellow, 10% Orange. Now, you can hunt around for a paint similar to that, but frankly....your better off just mixing your own paints.

Dalong.net has pics of the MG Strike w/IWSP as well as the 1/100 Saviour Gundam: Linky1, Linky2

That link mentions "new color" and shows a dry brushed chest area on the strike IWSP. What does this mean...that it comes pre-painted like that? :blink:

Anyway looks like they made the shield smaller and more manageable on the model. On the lineart, the gattling gun shield was huge.

That link mentions "new color" and shows a dry brushed chest area on the strike IWSP. What does this mean...that it comes pre-painted like that? :blink:

Anyway looks like they made the shield smaller and more manageable on the model. On the lineart, the gattling gun shield was huge.

The new Mg IWSP Strike Gundam is molded to a more darker blue coler, and the white became alittle blue-ish too. It almost looks like the IWSP pack is sucking so much power that the strike is just bearly able to maintain Phase shift on. :lol:

IPB Image

I have finished my Rick-Dom. It is nothing by the standard that goes by here.

BUT! I have a question. How do you fix the frosted over eyepiece? (See picture)

post-2777-1161873617_thumb.jpg

post-2777-1161873674_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiyao