Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

What's the tan colored one from (the one off the far right with the big cannon at its hip)? It kinda looks like a Full Metal Panic Arbalest, but not really (unless it's the Arbalest ARX-8 b/c I've never seen a picture of that mech).

Edited by protostar8

Rodimus! Starscream! :lol: How long until we have Skywarp, Thundercracker, Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Sunstorm... :p

Very smart move, Kaiyodo!

Smarter move would have been to do Galvatron, but that's partly just me being selfish......

The new human figures look good, but what's taking my Revy Motoko Kusanagi so long? :p

I want a Motoko Kusanagi too!!!!!!! That would be one of the best figures from the line hands down, especially if they use the GITS: SAC outfit and character. Heck, they'd even get a limited release invisible special edition out of the mold too.

Transformers at the Moon have uploaded a gallery of the Revoltech expo.

TF@TM Revoltech 2007 Expo

Let me cut to the chase for you ruskiiVFaussie :p

Ahhh man you cut the chase for me! Your a bud cheers! I saved the link but haven't had the time to go searching through it all lol.

Cheers for Tober! Asuka! Asuka! Asuka! Love her face details. Heh Hheh comes with her doll too. (throws doll at 05 Eva's whilst Rei chucks the Spear.) :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Sweet Jebus!!! is that an "exploding" bad guy? :lol:

post-2535-1196645849_thumb.jpgpost-2535-1196645918_thumb.jpg

awesome !!!

Is that from Fist of the North Star? Hahaha. Awesomez!

And what mech is that from the 1s pic in the link? Looks like the Arbalest from FMP with hair?

Edited by wolfx

Is anyone else disappointed by the Gurren Lagann's lack of the backpack wings and drill accessories (at least I don't see any of that stuff on display). The Revoltech figures usually have tons of accessories and all I see is a boomerang/sunglasses weapon and a changeable head/face. I figured we'd at least get a giant drill.

Don't seem a lot of people are excited about the Fist of the North Star line, but I am all over it. Finally a good Hokuto No Ken toy series that is fun and awesome looking, while cheap enough to collect a bunch of different characters. Love the exploding bad guy LOL.

Also, I got a question for you guys. I just got my Getter 1, Black Getter, and Shin Getter 1. While they are all great, especially Shin 1, aren't these 2nd generation Revoltech figures supposed to be bigger than the old ones? Like my Eva Type-F, its significantly bigger. But all these recent Getters seem to have gone back to the old small size. Anyone know why the size change? Or did Kaiyodo dropped the 'upscale' idea halfway and just kept them with the Evas and call it done?

Hmm, the movie Ingram comes with three revolvers: One for handheld poses, one with the ammo housing opened up and one with an adapter for posing it with the leg holster opened. That's too many accessories for my taste. I was hoping the gun could be stored inside the leg holster, but it also seems like the holster can't house the gun when closed:

post-1636-1196826799_thumb.jpg

post-1636-1196826833_thumb.jpg

Gotta agree with you there... three handguns is too much... and not being able to store the gun with the leg closed is super lame. I wonder why the normal gun can't be stored in the leg tho... seems extra lame to have a special gun just for storing in the leg.

I personally wouldn't mind having the new hands, but otherwise I'm fine with my Alphonse.

What I'd love to see are some Orbital Frames from Zone Of The Enders in the Revoltech line.

YES!!! We NEED Zone of the Enders frames b/c the only ones out there are very expensive resin kits. It'd probably be really cheap to acquire the license now too since the games are pretty old.

Edit: Just went back and looked. Kaiyodo is the company that made the fully poseable one way back when ZOE 2 came out so they should already have easy access to the drawings and even a schematic on how to make the figure, they would just need to scale it down and fit it with Revoltech joints.

Edited by protostar8

If the gun really can't be fit inside the leg while closed, that's kinda disappointing. Still, I don't own a Unit 1 Patlabor, so it's really not an issue either way. I had already planned to eventually purchase a Unit 1 anyway before the announcement of this new movie version.

Don't seem a lot of people are excited about the Fist of the North Star line, but I am all over it. Finally a good Hokuto No Ken toy series that is fun and awesome looking, while cheap enough to collect a bunch of different characters. Love the exploding bad guy LOL.

Im excited about them :lol:

Now we just need some Guilty Gear or King of Fighters Revys

Gotta agree with you there... three handguns is too much... and not being able to store the gun with the leg closed is super lame. I wonder why the normal gun can't be stored in the leg tho... seems extra lame to have a special gun just for storing in the leg.

I personally wouldn't mind having the new hands, but otherwise I'm fine with my Alphonse.

Considering how small these are, and the cost, I'm willing to put up with multiple cannons and the lack of the leg being able to close with the gun in it. Think of the bad-ass poses you can do with these things!!!

My wife's gonna be pissed. It toook me so long to explain how/why units 1, 2 and Zero are actually different. Now I'm going to get another 1 and 2!!! She'll flip lids! :lol:

I don't own any Ingrams yet, so this will have to be my first. I was happy about the opening leg holster gimmick, except that apparently Kaiyodo doesn't make gimmicks for the Revoltech line, but rather "posing features".

I think I'll just play with it with the holster closed and leave all the extra handguns and hands in the box <_<

I keep all of my extras in an old school Darth Vader coffee mug.