Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

i just got a Fraulein Rei ^_^

pretty good sculpt, though articulation isn't exactly up there. :( the arms have the best range of movement, but they have a tendency to sorta pop off... the revy joint there has been cut short to make it compact...

the legs are OK, but the way things are built restricts a lot of movement at the hips.

then there's the joint at the chest, it can only move 3 ways, center/lean forward/lean back (1 click each) :(

...and the head, pretty much your standard revy head articulation. ;)

the hands can hold a decent variety of guns, so far, the Rei can hold my Black Getter's handguns, so the other accessories will probably fit too.

the blurb on the box seems true too, "beautiful lines" the figure looks great in *almost any pose.

*almost being... don't spread the legs out too far :lol:

not bad, not really amazing, but not enough to keep me from buying the rest of the line :lol:

now the long wait for March! & the Asuka!

:)

i just got a Fraulein Rei ^_^

pretty good sculpt, though articulation isn't exactly up there. :( the arms have the best range of movement, but they have a tendency to sorta pop off... the revy joint there has been cut short to make it compact...

the legs are OK, but the way things are built restricts a lot of movement at the hips.

then there's the joint at the chest, it can only move 3 ways, center/lean forward/lean back (1 click each) :(

...and the head, pretty much your standard revy head articulation. ;)

the hands can hold a decent variety of guns, so far, the Rei can hold my Black Getter's handguns, so the other accessories will probably fit too.

the blurb on the box seems true too, "beautiful lines" the figure looks great in *almost any pose.

*almost being... don't spread the legs out too far :lol:

not bad, not really amazing, but not enough to keep me from buying the rest of the line :lol:

now the long wait for March! & the Asuka!

:)

I was afraid of the hips being an issue, they just don't look like they have a lot of range. Mine will be here today or tomorrow so I'll see for myself, but it sounds like yet another not-quite-fully-articulated Rei figure. I guess I might have to pick the Microman version up after all. <_<

Quick question... are the first gen revoltech ingrams different than the new movie version ingrams save the different paint job and accessories?

I noticed the ad for the new Ingrams have the revoltech shoulder joints installed. Is this not a feature on the first-gen ingrams? Reason I'm asking is because I recently got a Type 0 and it's just a PVC swivel joint for the shoulders.

hiya, im new to the revoltech line. i just had a couple of questions.

well the first is i wanted to get one of the valkyires (of course =P ), but wonderng how tall is it and is it good quality?

think there will be a hikaru's vf-1s coming out?

the other ones im interested is the optimus prime one and the rei one, how are thoses?

also where does everyone order from?

if anyone goes to frank and sons in so.cali, doe they have any there at a good price? havent been there in a long time.

thanks

hiya, im new to the revoltech line. i just had a couple of questions.

well the first is i wanted to get one of the valkyires (of course =P ), but wonderng how tall is it and is it good quality?

think there will be a hikaru's vf-1s coming out?

the other ones im interested is the optimus prime one and the rei one, how are thoses?

also where does everyone order from?

if anyone goes to frank and sons in so.cali, doe they have any there at a good price? havent been there in a long time.

thanks

They go between $18 and $25 at F&S. The VFs are fricken tiny.

Got my Rei this afternoon and even though I've only messed around with it for a few minutes, it's by far my favorite Rei figure so far. The overall sculpt/look is fantastic, and her face is one of the most impeccably painted figure faces I've seen in a while. Very, very quality work here.

The hip articulation does leave a little to be desired, but at least she's not a statue like the old Kaiyodo figure (which I found to be the best looking Rei until now) and does have enough range for several different poses.

The Lance is beautiful, all rich red glossy enamel and sharp. This thing will be on display for a very long time. :)

If you try it, please let me know if it works.

Just tried swapping Rei and Revy's heads but I knew it wouldn't work before I even tried it. Rei is MUCH bigger than Revy, so Rei's head on Revy looks creepy and Revy's head on Rei looks even creepier. I didn't realize how big Rei was until I put her next to Revy. Wonder why the went for the larger scale?

I would assume all of the figures in the Fraulien line will be of the same scale, so head-swapping between Fraulien's will probably work fine.

That's weird. Would have figured Rei would be smaller, if anything. Well, guess we'll have to wait for Asuka to be released to get a "comparable size" figure to test on. (I'm buying Rei regardless, undecided about Asuka--I do hope we see more than just EVA figs--I'd love some videogame characters, not just anime)

PS--where'd you get your Rei figure? Every place I've been checking still has them listed as pre-order/arriving soon.

That's weird. Would have figured Rei would be smaller, if anything. Well, guess we'll have to wait for Asuka to be released to get a "comparable size" figure to test on. (I'm buying Rei regardless, undecided about Asuka--I do hope we see more than just EVA figs--I'd love some videogame characters, not just anime)

PS--where'd you get your Rei figure? Every place I've been checking still has them listed as pre-order/arriving soon.

Got mine from HLJ. They have it in stock and ready to ship: http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01171

Note that sitting pic on the HLJ site - I can't get her to do that. I don't know if I'm not doing something right or if they detached her legs for that pose, but mine doesn't have that range.

I'm actually a little disappointed in the larger scale, if only because it's so much larger than the other Revoltech humans. Would have rather kept them the same size, but at least it's a spectacular figure.

Note that sitting pic on the HLJ site - I can't get her to do that. I don't know if I'm not doing something right or if they detached her legs for that pose, but mine doesn't have that range.

yeah, that pose needs work. it's do-able, but you have to pull the legs out of the socket a bit, bend the joint further up, & push the leg back in. plus bend the chest forward. it should balance right & won't need the arms for support ^_^

i got mine from a local importer, they can get stuff within a week of the release date ;)

so i got my first revoltech, VF-1A, its a pretty neat figure. been posing it and such and having fun with it, now i wish i had some other cool ones.

heres a pic i took for fun with my cell phone

SP_A0255.jpg

now i wish i had a VF-1S and the 1J to have a cool scene.

next one im interested in is the Rei figure, so how tall is it exactly? is it taller then the saber figure?

Just got my Rei. She's the best articulated Rei I have that's close to the character, the other being my Volk's which is a little more to the cutesy chibi type.

The pose she can pull is cute and sweet. She even has a sad forlorn look. But something I realised while playing with her, her thighs can't move backwards. I can't do a split . Generally the thigh articulation is really limited so I can't do some "cute poses" that I intended. Oh well.

Just got my Rei. She's the best articulated Rei I have that's close to the character, the other being my Volk's which is a little more to the cutesy chibi type.

The pose she can pull is cute and sweet. She even has a sad forlorn look. But something I realised while playing with her, her thighs can't move backwards. I can't do a split . Generally the thigh articulation is really limited so I can't do some "cute poses" that I intended. Oh well.

Yeah, the whole thigh/hip area kind of bugs me. It's like the main goal of the design was to retain the butt shape. Two rev. joints aren't really neccessary there when they are so limited.

I still love the figure though. Best Rei ever. ^_^

I only had 1 revoltech before this weekend(Black getter robo ftw), but this weekend my LCS had a buy 1, get the other 1/2 off, and I bought the yellow movie EVA and Dix Neuf. Very impressed by both, blown away by the EVA. Are the TV EVAs as good as the recent movie EVA revoltechs?

Right now, I am eyeing the upcoming labors, and Tetsujin 28/Black ox.

Come on now Kaiyodo, this line has popular and obscure mecha, where the hell is our guymelef Escaflowne?

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Can't speak for the differences btw/ Movie and TV Eva releases (all I have is the clear promotional Eva-00 and Eva-04) but I can tell you that you DO WANT the labor figs. They are the best in the whole line IMO with the best sculpting and being the most fun... I LOVE my Ingram and HellDivers and Brocken.

Edited by promethuem5

is that taller then the fate-stay saber figure? just trying to geta idea... wnder if the rin figure will match with the saber figure

I don't have that figure so I don't know. Do you have the Revy figure? Rei is much taller than her, if that helps.

They need to make WAY more than one female fig a month. I mean, 2 more months until Asuka? We'll never get characters from more than 2 or 3 anime series per year at this rate. Plus all the ones we need from video games. (Revoltech KOS-MOS would sell big)

http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01176 Black Ox rules!!!

Whats the big bad ass Robot that fights Astro on numerous occasions? I think he is like killing all the big robots in the first episode he is shown in, but comes back in a few more episodes... Black Ox reminds me of him. I'd grab this one but meh no money. :lol:

Actually, once ONE new Revoltech Item comes out, there usually is a few more..

Fraulein Asuka, for one:

http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01192

Fraulein Tohsaka from Fate Stay Night, for another. No, not getting her.

http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01189

Then, surprise surprise, Aqua Griffon. The main thing is the spare revolver in this case, but unlikely I'll get this.

http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01177

And of course the Black Ox above.

Yeah i got Tohsaka on earlybird, really like her sculpt. lol will be interesting if we can swap heads for Revy or Asuka.. be sad if she is the same size as Saber but i doubt it.

I saw the Aqua Griffn, but the whole line whilst being cool, doesn't apeall to me. Thank God! Sick of saving/finding and spending money...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I can't wait to do some Asuka X Rei scenes. Hehehe.

I got my Rei figure from HLJ and I love it. The second pose I tired was a Rei x Milia scene but the scales did not work and I could not get any poses out of it except for a pose where Rei is pathetically groping Milia. It was not even camera worthy. I am going to get a second Rei so that I can do some Rei on Rei action shots. I will post them. I am going to go for a recreation of my avatar with the two Rei figures.

My money's on the next 6 female figs or so being nothing more than "Idolmaster". I don't even know what that is, but I've grown to dislike it, since it seems to be incredibly popular and on EVERYTHING from Japan now, crowding out cool/normal stuff. Even airplanes...