Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

Can someone in the know explain to me why this is listed as "New Price"?

http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01170

(Revoltech Eva-01 Type F [New Price])

Is it the exact same release as the first which is discontinued? Both look to have the same features, and accessories.

http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01110

(EVA-01 Type F AFC Experiment)

Why so much more expensive? Are they that popular (imo it's a crap design.)

They should be the same toy. The Type-F was first released at a reduced price at 1900 something yen for the first batch. So now the reissue is just back to normal price, which is a tad more expensive than regular release. Though the toy does look quite massive when compared to the old, smaller Revoltechs. So maybe they tried to charge a little more to cover the material? Don't know. And its actually pretty cool. While I like EVA, I got tired of its merchandises through the past years. But I find this one a good one to have, and the only EVA in my Revoltech collection.

Edited by mpchi

Okay, Tamim, who's my main anime stuff dealer, has the Helldiver and the Brocken for preorder. I'm a big Brocken fan, but I'm just getting one of these because the "iron pipe" accessory sugests that there will be a second release with at least a sub machine gun.

My real doubt here is if I should buy multiple Helldivers. Revoltech has released improved versions of previously released mecha such as the Evas and now the Alphonse with opening leg holster. I'm affraid that they end up redoing the Helldiver with opening leg flaps, storable Rambo knife and opening helmet down the road and end up with a bunch of half a$$ed Helldivers. What would you guys do?

Go slow and be cautious with your purchases. I'd say just get one for now. It's paid off for me. I wanted an Ingram Unit 1 so bad, but went with the Unit 2 for the shotgun accessory. Now a new Unit 1 is coming out and I'll just buy that one now. Worked out brilliantly.

Though I have to wonder, is there anything more they could do with the Helldiver? Doesn't this upcoming release already have all the features, including the opening leg slats? What more features could they add to the Helldiver?

Go slow and be cautious with your purchases. I'd say just get one for now. It's paid off for me. I wanted an Ingram Unit 1 so bad, but went with the Unit 2 for the shotgun accessory. Now a new Unit 1 is coming out and I'll just buy that one now. Worked out brilliantly.

Though I have to wonder, is there anything more they could do with the Helldiver? Doesn't this upcoming release already have all the features, including the opening leg slats? What more features could they add to the Helldiver?

Do they feature opening leg slats? I thought they didn't. Well if that's the case then I'll buy the three I had in mind. Thanks Mr. March :)

GOt my VF-1S. It seems smaller than my other revoltechs due to its frame...but I like it. :D

Finally a toy figure that can do the Hikaru-full-barrage scene. ;)

Do they feature opening leg slats? I thought they didn't. Well if that's the case then I'll buy the three I had in mind. Thanks Mr. March :)

Yeah. This link from earlier in the thread shows that the leg slats open and close, and the knife fits into the sheath on the back. The only thing it doesn't have (and probably never will), is the opening and closing head. Revoltech seems to have found it easier to provide two separate heads in instances like that.

does anybody find it strange that the VF1S didn't come with the nukes ?

great... now i gotta build my own nukes :mellow:

Available in a super limited con-exclusive. :lol:

Yeah. This link from earlier in the thread shows that the leg slats open and close, and the knife fits into the sheath on the back. The only thing it doesn't have (and probably never will), is the opening and closing head. Revoltech seems to have found it easier to provide two separate heads in instances like that.

Wow! Somehow I missed those amiami pics. Thanks, TWDC.

Does anyone know which ones are shipping this month? Also, is the DYRL VF-1A revoltech Hikaru type an exclusive?

I need to track down the Patlabor ones. So theres a new Unit 1 coming out?

November's releases are Hikaru Super VF-1A and the black Gaiking repaint.

I just got the 1J and 1S earlier this week and needless to say, I'm very pleased. I don't like posing them with the missile pods though, the pegs seem quite delicate. It almost felt like one was going to snap at the pegs when I was removing them from the wings.

I changed my mind, i don't want Rei Revy, nope, just Asuka. I needed funds for my Megahouse ride armours! :o

Never, never ever be a Rei fan.

Heh, I'm the opposite. Never been a fan of Asuka, although she really redeemed herself in EOE. :)

Got my Rei preordered. Considering the quality of Revoltech so far I'm guessing this will be the definitive Rei figure and I can finally STOP buying Rei figures. :ph34r:

How do you guys think these Fraulein Revoltechs compare to the Limited Edition Rei and Asuka figures that were bundled with the manga?

While I LOVED those figures (the guy that sculpted those is a true artist), I can already tell I'll like the Revy ones better. Bigger scale, more usable articulation and the joints should be a lot stronger. My Manga Rei liked to fall apart...even though that kind if suits her character. :)