Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

IIRC- Revoltech is coming out with a "Patlabor: The Movie" version of the Alphonse, with all the bells and whistles (leg opens, collarbone lights open and close).

Thank you drew. That is fantastic news! You don't know how lucky I am. I was debating purchasing an AV-98 Ingram Unit 1 or a Unit 2. Even though I wanted the Unit 1 more, I purchased the Unit 2 to get the shotgun. Now I can purchase this new "film version" Unit 1 with all the goodies without having to double dip! :)

Well, it's not like they are Yammies, so I suppose double dipping isn't a big deal. And let's face it, these little figures are so cool any owner could certainly find plenty of buyers to sell what they don't want. Btw, the Type Zero looks really cool. I may have to pick that one up with the next batch of three :)

I cant wait for those new Patlabor revys... i've been holding off on buying the others because of too many valks syndrome - PPMTCSG (damn you Yamato), but i'll have snap those puppies up as soon as they become available. The Helldiver looks amazing, and as for a deluxe movie version unit1.... bring it... i will buy it!

Crap.... I WILL buy the new Alphonse (I don't have Unit 2 or 0 cuz 2 is just like Alphonse and I don't really like 0) and I will HAVE to buy the HellDiver, and the new mecha, and Testuijin, and I might actually gave to a getter with that Shin Getter fig.

Like so?

Amazing what you can hide behind that shield..

Yeah that is the one. I copied your idea a while back but was a little off on the position of the Type 0.

After watching the movies I do not know if I would feel comfortable in such a formation. <_<

IIRC- Revoltech is coming out with a "Patlabor: The Movie" version of the Alphonse, with all the bells and whistles (leg opens, collarbone lights open and close).

that is some of the best toy news ive heard in a while. There is no way i will pass on a Revoltech Alphonse.

i agree, the BG looks great.

The BG are actually a series of mechanical base sets made by Kotobukiya, seen here:

Set 1

Set 2

Set 3

They are very good and can be chained together. The accessories that come with them are very nice, and for 1/144 models are a perfect scale to display MSes in, though CCA-era MS are a tad too big. Even the Revoltech Labours look very good in them. If you got the space to display them, I heartily recommend a set of 3 -- but they do eat up space, so getting more than that isn't recommended.

Why a big ol' robot would need a flight helmet is beyond me but that it sure looks good so who cares right? ^_^

Two heads makes the visor look like it moves up and down. Look at the color difference and the position of the slider on the center front of the helmet.

Edited by Fly4victory

Agreed... that Helldiver is the business!!!! i want one I want at least 2 (one for gun, one for combat knife.. hmm might need 3)

Max and Miria Brocken? The Helldiver rox! I want a squad!

Same thoughts! I'm tempted to get a squad o' Helldivers. I really think a few of them would look great together...

And I haven't even watched any Patlabor anime before :lol:

Edited by the_foul_fowl

Love the new labors but am slightly disturbed by the 'sliced off' feet hydraulics... especially when they've painted them so shiny!

Although I like the greater feet articulation, it does kind of bother me. It would be cool if hydraulics were spring loaded metal shafts.

What really bothers me though is that Brocken comes only with a steel pipe...

Shouldn't Brocken come with a Walther MPL submachine gun??

Edited by konimon

I love the Broken, but I'm not too impressed by the scheme provided by Kaiyodo. I'm not much of a modeller, so I was thinking on an easy way to customize it. I think a brush and some tape will do the trick :)

More exciting would be an European forest camouflage scheme as depicted in some fo the old 3D diorama books. THAT would be a compelling repaint.