Yamato Garland For Pre-order On Rt.com

Cyclone

I don't think Twin Moons can really price match without losing their shirt, as what I imagine they are selling pre-orders on is the Japanese version which is set to retail at 14999 yen in Japan (roughly $150) versus what RT.com is selling, which is the US domestic release.

BTW the RT.com version is not much of a bargin as I recall the US MSRP to be $99 anyhow. So there should be some retailer who will under cut that, don't you think?

For myself, I'm just stuck between ordering here in Japan and paying the extra money to get it right away versus saving the extra money, having it shipped to my parents in America and just picking it up next year when I visit. Hmmm.... decisions decisions...

"Now for the first time ever, you can own a piece of one of the lost chapters of the ROBOTECH saga as Yamato Toys presents the all new MEGAZONE 23 Garland 1/15 transformable Full Action Model."

what??  lost chapters from ROBOTECH SAGA???

378883[/snapback]

robotech the movie! you numbnut! :lol:

They don`t get it, still they insist that every transforming robot is rt !

378903[/snapback]

Actually, they bought the rights to Megazone 23 and used parts of it to make the (thankfully) aborted monstrosity that is Robotech: The Movie. That includes the Garland, which is why many RT sites try to make stats and/or fictional history to include it in the main story.

So this is thanks only to the fact that Toynami isn't going to build any "robotech: the movie" stuff ever, right?. Had they plans for a line this toy would be banned as all the SDF Macross valks are outside of Japan. Lucky for Megazone 23 lovers.

Saving $50 on a 1/48 valk... thinking about how things could be just makes me want to cry :p:(:angry: .

I don't think Twin Moons can really  price match without losing their shirt, as what I imagine they are selling pre-orders on is the Japanese version which is set to retail at 14999 yen in Japan (roughly $150) versus what RT.com is selling, which is the US domestic release.

BTW the RT.com version is not much of a bargin as I recall the US MSRP to be $99 anyhow. So there should be some retailer who will under cut that, don't you think?

For myself, I'm just stuck between ordering here in Japan and paying the extra money to get it right away versus saving the extra money, having it shipped to my parents in America and just picking it up next year when I visit. Hmmm.... decisions decisions...

378861[/snapback]

I sent an email to the Twin Moons service address to see if they will be coming through on their price match offer as promised. Their offer makes no caveats, and also they are for the US version as they had said in their announcement thread that the US release is the reason they could sell it so low.

For those interested, I will have a few Garlands for sale when they are released. Price will be $100.00 plus shipping. I couldn't resist ordering it....but will have extra pieces to get the volume discount...

Just PM me if you want to reserve one.

-Kevin

Edited by VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

I don't think Twin Moons can really  price match without losing their shirt, as what I imagine they are selling pre-orders on is the Japanese version which is set to retail at 14999 yen in Japan (roughly $150) versus what RT.com is selling, which is the US domestic release.

378861[/snapback]

I sent an email to the Twin Moons service address to see if they will be coming through on their price match offer as promised. Their offer makes no caveats, and also they are for the US version as they had said in their announcement thread that the US release is the reason they could sell it so low.

378964[/snapback]

TwinMoons has dropped their price to $97.99. Definitely living up to their guarantee and then some!

Yeah, I might lose my shirt, but that's better than re-negging on my word! So yep, we're offering them at $97.99. Now I have to go and hunt down our Yamato rep and force them to give us a better price! :lol:

BTW, here's the link:

Megazeone Garland for $97.99 @ Twin Moons Anime

Best Regards,

Tam

p.s. There were also some rumors going around that the U.S. version will have different packaging, etc. This is FALSE. The U.S. version is the same exact version as the Japan release. I have confirmed this with Yamato myself. Also, the U.S. MSRP is not $99.99, it's $129.95 and listed as such on the Yamato U.S. site HERE.

Edited by twinmoons

They don`t get it, still they insist that every transforming robot is rt !

378903[/snapback]

Actually, they bought the rights to Megazone 23 and used parts of it to make the (thankfully) aborted monstrosity that is Robotech: The Movie. That includes the Garland, which is why many RT sites try to make stats and/or fictional history to include it in the main story.

378920[/snapback]

I know, what I ment is that all of sudden they wanna sell the a yamato toy, what about the Valks ?! ... It seems that they want to remind us that MZ23 is a part of rt.

If Yamato signs a deal with HG that allows us to get their stuff in the states, how will we know who to hate? If Harmony Gold causes cancer and ate the Lindbergh Baby, then wont Yamato be guilty by association? Please Yamato, DON'T EAT THE LINDBERGH BABY!!

I'm so disillusioned... :p

Seriously though, I'd love to see Yamato toys more easily available here in the states. Hell, I'd love to walk into TRU and have my pick of 1/48 toys like they do in Japan, but TRU will probably vanish before that ever happens. Yamato would then have to make a My First Valkyrie toy to be sold through the remaining Babies R' Us stores.

If this happens it`ll be 1/60, 1/48 valks with the rt, character names and no Macross name.

379029[/snapback]

For anyone who worships packaging, and the words/names printed on them, that would indeed be a disturbing thing... the soiling of a franchise. However, if all you're really interested in are the contents of said packages, regardless of whether or not it's labeled Macross or Roboshlock, then the possibility of getting Yamato's goodies at more reasonable prices and lower shipping costs is a win-win scenario. I, for one, would love to be able to buy a 1/48 VF for less then $130.00 including S&H... not $150.00 + another $30.00 - $40.00 to get it delivered (just look at the relative prices of the Garland).

Sometimes, being a purist results is cutting off your nose just to spite your face.

Edited by mechaninac

That's because the other half of the rumor is that HG isn't happy with Toynami's Macross/Robotech products to date.

-Kevin

Well, this actually is quite scary because the guys at Yamato U.S.A. are saying that they are working some "deal" with HG to officially bring Macross products to the states. I'm guessing they'll be signing their souls over to the devil.

378998[/snapback]

I got an email from HG, they said they have no plans EVER to release Untold story since they don't have the rights to MZ23 and the fact that the movie was a complete monstrasity that they regret ever trying.

The only reason they offer the Garland was because it was "part of" the robotech franchise. Sort of like why they offered DYRL posables even though they don't have the movie rights to DYRL.

Pretty much the same answer I got years ago when they were doing the first DVD releases.

If this happens it`ll be 1/60, 1/48 valks with the rt, character names and no Macross name.

379029[/snapback]

For anyone who worships packaging, and the words/names printed on them, that would indeed be a disturbing thing... the soiling of a franchise. However, if all you're really interested in are the contents of said packages, regardless of whether or not it's labeled Macross or Roboshlock, then the possibility of getting Yamato's goodies at more reasonable prices and lower shipping costs is a win-win scenario. I, for one, would love to be able to buy a 1/48 VF for less then $130.00 including S&H... not $150.00 + another $30.00 - $40.00 to get it delivered (just look at the relative prices of the Garland).

Sometimes, being a purist results is cutting off your nose just to spite your face.

379042[/snapback]

For me its no problem.

If the rumor is true about HG not likeing Toynami's products

well, its about time they said so b/c neither am I. :angry:

There 1/55s aren't upto par.

As for the packaging/boxes I like that it says Macross.

Maybe they'll come to some agreement where its

allright to have Macross on the box.

379029[/snapback]

I think they can stay with the Macross name. I remember reading somewhere that they are already comfortable with the Macross naming just as much as their Robotech naming. They did that with their DYRL posables, so I'm pretty sure they can do that with the 1/60 and 1/48 too. Maybe they'll have the normal Yamato boxes with the Macross Logo and they will just tape a sticker with the Robotech logo somewhere on the box too.

I'm all for 1/48 valks for under $100. And even if I were to still order from overseas at the piont, the price should be lower than now because Yamato will have already increased their sales by import a bunch of valks to the USA.

Edited by F360°

Crap, I always forget which member told me this and in which forum, but someone said it was BigWest that always freaks out when Yamato talks to HG. So the fact HG and Yamato are talking is no big deal, it's getting BW on board that's the big factor.

So one half of HG dislikes Toynami quality? The other half must be drooling idiots.

ADD: Are we even allowed to have the two words "toynami" and "quality" in the same sentence?

But seriously, it's about time RT.com sells something that looks good. :lol:

Edited by >EXO<

But seriously, it's about time RT.com sells something that looks good. :lol:

379144[/snapback]

what you don't like them coffee cups and saucers??

I don't know whether to be joyous or sad about Yamato talking to HG. my hate of HG wishes them the worst and I hope they are not able to put out any more products to help them survive longer...but on the other hand, I can stand to save a lot of money if HG were to import 1/48's.

no, I really hope this does not go through. I can deal with less money, but to see HG go on and on when they should have died years ago...

Crap, I always forget which member told me this and in which forum, but someone said it was BigWest that always freaks out when Yamato talks to HG. So the fact HG and Yamato are talking is no big deal, it's getting BW on board that's the big factor.

But think of all the money that would be made from international fanbase? I hate to see HG benefit, but if it means cheaper prices, better price range, and more valks for me to buy (because I can afford more) then I say to BW it is a sacrifice that might be worth it in the long run for the fans. The Rtech people would be in thier 20-40s with interest in old school series and if they can get that international market and fans can spread the word, then it might mean more profit for Yamato and boost thier profile amoungst toy fanatics.

Just on a sidenote: Personally I think yamato should be making the Alpha and Beta! :D Even if it were labelled RT toys, if it meant yamato could gain an international base of fans (who were exposed to it as RT) then they would reap benefits.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

That's because the other half of the rumor is that HG isn't happy with Toynami's Macross/Robotech products to date. 

-Kevin

If said rumor is true it speaks of at least some sense over at the HG offices.

379048[/snapback]

I don't think that Toynazi will be too happy with that.