I'm assuming you've missed the two main trailers and the other teasers and TV spots?

TV spots, of course. I don't think even the first teasers have played over here yet.

Granted I only frequent a few forums but this thread seems to have the most negative responses to the trailers so far (others are mostly positive). That said, count me as excited for this one. I like Hardy and don't give a damn about Gibson.

Edited by xrentonx

As well as they've cleaned up/sharpened the footage, I'd say: fugit--just re-release the originals (first 2, anyways). The hell did they think they needed to re-dub all the sfx for though? :huh:

1:23 -- Hehe, took me over 20 years to notice it; but in the split-second shot when Max smashes the Humungus in the Mack, the other marauders in the shot are all parked, sitting still. :p

Edited by reddsun1

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that bothers me a little is tha prothesis of Charlize.

I mean, that thing is much advanced compared to the rest of the scenario.

Some more and will look like fallout XD

Edited by Old_Nash

The only thing that bothers me a little is tha prothesis of Charlize.

I mean, that thing is much advanced compared to the rest of the scenario.

Some more and will look like fallout XD

That, and the fact that they apparently have gunsmiths, too(?) Where the heck are they getting ammo for all them AK's? :huh: Somebody help me out; when is this story supposed to be generally taking place again? Before or after the events of MM2?

I thought that one pretty well established that things like firearms--or more importantly ammo--were even more rare and precious than guzzoline?

hg2.jpg

That, and the fact that they apparently have gunsmiths, too(?) Where the heck are they getting ammo for all them AK's? :huh: Somebody help me out; when is this story supposed to be generally taking place again? Before or after the events of MM2?

I thought that one pretty well established that things like firearms--or more importantly ammo--were even more rare and precious than guzzoline?

hg2.jpg

The movie sets after MM3.

hg2.jpg

Firearms, ammunition, advanced prosthetics, and vehicles that only a well heeled and equipped custom build shop would be able to produce stick out like a sore thumb, but I'll check out this "revisit" to Mad Max anyway...

I heard it takes place between MM and Road Warrior and it's a revisit. I'm OK with throwing away any notions of canon. I just want to be entertained so I hope this is good. :)

That look on tom hardy for the poster is the look of a man who has seen things a man should never seen and seen to much of it. I like it!

I might have to try and buy a poster if I can find one.

Given the fact we got guys running around with flame thrower guitars, and monster trucks it makes me wonder if this bad guy isn't some sort of gas hoarding baron, and that maybe that isn't water being dumped on the larg crowd of people in the trailer.

I hope they make a replica flamethrower guitar for the noodlers out there...

/Film: Mad Max: Fury Road Is Spectacular Action Filmmaking

With Theron and Hardy in the lead roles and Miller again in the drivers seat, Fury Road isnt merely good enough to obliterate the lingering sting of the last film (Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, released in 1985), but so good that it rivals The Road Warrior and shames all Hollywoods current action tendencies. This film develops its own specific ambition by placing dueling concepts about heroism into the framework of one of the best action movies Ive ever seen.

Rotten Tomatoes - Mad Max: Fury Road

Currently at 100% fresh with 34 reviews in (granted, many more reviews to go).

Edited by Duke Togo

I don't think I've ever seen a movie with that much praise, so early in its time. Definitely be checking it out...

I skimmed Russ Fischer's review, and I must say: I am intrigued. After getting past the sh*ts-and-giggles stage of seeing all that action and violence--and that bada$$ muthafu**in' car--as a kid, I came to appreciate the first 2 for the great movies that they are, warts and all. For me, it's the amazing amount of effort and attention to details that Miller et al put into those films that have made me come to appreciate them on a whole different level. From the characters' dialogue, that isn't too wordy but still speaks volumes as to their relationships to each other, like Charlie and Roop; to their wardrobe and makeup, like Toecutter's gang's tattoos, or the evolution and continuity of Max's uniform from the 1st film to the 2nd--a lot of it is so subtle or seen so briefly that it really takes multiple viewings to catch it all. But it all works towards fleshing out the world the characters are in, helping fill in the backstory so that it lends their world a depth that a lot of other movies can't match.

Fischer's review reads as though Miller has once again brought this herculean effort and attention to detail to his latest outing, and I'm actually considering going over to the theater across the street after work to check it out, come this Friday.