I Hope This Is Not A New Macross Series

Morpheus

I hope I posted this on the right forum.

I just checked h-opera, and I got shocked with the image of a valk in gerwalk mode wrestling with a giant cockroach :ph34r: .

2005122603.jpg

My japanese languange is limited, but I read 'space gundam' in the description.

Please someone, I need salvation now...... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

I can see it now...

Harmony Gold, in conjunction with ADV is Proud to announce the Latest Installment of the Robotech Saga, Space Gandam V!

HOUSTON, September 19, 2005

Harmony Gold is pleased to announce a definitive new addition to one of the all-time greatest anime sagas, Space Gandam V! Utilizing never before seen, cutting edge Korean animation acquired through an intermediary company associated with providing janitorial services for the parent animation corporation.

Tommy Yune believes it to be the greatest installment yet. "I was working on shadow chronicles, and I just felt something was off. Then I by chance saw Space Gandam V and I was blown away. The travails of the Space Gandam, its realistic portrayal of war and deep story line was that fresh new direction that I was looking to take the saga. What was even more encouraging was that Reba West was eager to work with us again....

Edited by Noyhauser

I can see it now...

Harmony Gold, in conjunction with ADV is Proud to announce the Latest Installment of the Robotech Saga, Space Gandam V!

Harmony Gold is pleased to announce a definitive new addition to one of the all-time greatest anime sagas, Space Gandam V! Utilizing never before seen, cutting edge Korean animation acquired through an intermediary company associated with providing janitorial services for the parent animation corporation.

Tommy Yune believes it to be the greatest installment yet. "I was working on shadow chronicles, and I just felt something was off. Then I by chance saw Space Gandam V and I was blown away. The travails of the Space Gandam, its realistic portrayal of war and deep story line was that fresh new direction that I was looking to take the saga. What was even more encouraging was that Reba West was eager to work with us again....

355461[/snapback]

This is so nightmare to be true....... :ph34r:

For the record, it's a giant spider, not a roach :)

355258[/snapback]

Oh yeah, its a giant protodevlin spider :p . What is this space gandam stuff? A totally rip-off anime? :ph34r:

355262[/snapback]

If you're serious, then yes.

The Space Gandam series is a proud and time-honored knockoff. Hell, look at the name. It's JUST far enough from Gundam to avoid lawsuits in the low-enforcement areas in which it is marketed.

I can see it now...

355461[/snapback]

You're forgetting the international merchandise rights

Edited by Nightbat

I can see it now...

355461[/snapback]

You're forgetting the international merchandise rights

355607[/snapback]

No no no, its much too early for that. They'll only assert those when Space Gandam VI comes out, and they figure they can get a piece of all the royalities and intellectual property associated with it.

I never saw Sapce Gundam V, but does it have a a powrfull space battleship, ditzy super hero girls with guns and a little annoying mascot (robot or animal)? Or did they forget to rip those off too?

It has a fat kid being chased by a dog & then the dog eats his pants scene that goes on way too long, a dead kid being resurrected by an alien, and flying saucers if that counts. Oh, and it also has a Boss Borot rip-off.

Edited by Keith

Well, given the genetic experimentation going on by the Protoculture, it wouldn't be too far fetched to have alien macronised insects. Didn't they already have a giant chicken in the tv series?

I personally think if presented right, it would be really scary to have giant alien pests infesting the humans. The zerg in starcraft for example. They could breed and swarm the terrans and use their soldiers as mind controlled slaves. Given the wierd stuff in macross 7 I wouldn't be surprised if un spacy face a new threat of insect-like race of alien that has low technology but numerous hives to attack the human colonies with like the invid in future. Sheer numbers wuld put the humans at threat due to low ammo supplies. Harmony Gold will probably come up with some story that these insects are cousins of the invid and have found an alternate source of energy that doesn't deplete the way the protoculture did that killed off the robotech masters.. :p

Or maybe Kawamori will come up with some story about how like the space whales in macross 7 these insects are now an endangered species and pirates and poachers want to sell and hunt the insects for the precious resources they can obtain from them or something. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker