Vf-19 Fire/blazer Valks: Tell Me About Them

CdnShockwave

I'm just looking at some pix of the VF-19 Fire and Blazer Valks. Just what are these? Who makes them? I've seen the Bandai versions, but are those the only ones? Before I comit to buy one I want to make sure I get a half decent one. I ask because the Bandai ones seem to go for around $50 each, but there are others that go for much less. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Here are some pix of what I'm asking about. Are these the Bandai ones? Or is there another manufacturer?

MAC01582.jpg

MAC01581.jpg

Who makes this version?

VF19set.jpg

Edited by CdnShockwave

If they are the same as ones I've seen previously then yes, they are worth $12.

IIRC, the Blazer comes with the wrong shape wings (has Fire Valk wings instead of Blazer wings). Also, the shoulders are not the same color as the original.

I don't own one at the moment, but lots of members here do, so I'm sure there will be some more comments on this thread.

Graham

the <$15 bootlegs are near identical to the bandai's for all intents and purposes. I have had boot's, originals, and re-issues and the originals and boot's are the best for me... primarily because the reissue instructions start you off in the opposite mode than the fighter is in... retards at bandai I'll tell you what, they should all be...@#%!)#$^!@#*%^)@#%&!#%&)*)&~@#$()~@$^*)*)~@$^*)@#$^*)~)*&~*)~&*)~&*)&~*)

not that I had problems transforming my first 19 which was a reissue :(

honestly though... and you will never hear me say such a thing again ever so pay attention... buy the yammie 19 and not the bandai :blink: .

it might be 15x the cost of a bootleg but it is sooooo worth it. At the very least buy a bootleg and not a bandai as I've never noticed a difference. Wait... buy my bandai :lol:

I don't own a boot but I have a bandai fire valk.

Well the one thing I like about this is the nose is actually nicer than the yammy in fighter.

The battroid mode looks ok but has bad posability. (no moving the legs except at the knees and ankles and a bit at the middle of the thigh.)

It feels nice and sturdy (if a bit lightweight) though. You can play with it, and there would be no fear of something breaking. So whether it "feels worth it" for the amount of money you pay depends on you.

I'm thinking of eventually wanting to get a bandai blazer to sit alongside the fire valk but I don't think bandai will reissue it. (may cave in and get a boot though)

Oh and the landing gear looks horrible. hehe

What is funny is how the posabilty of the legs for the bandai vf17 is good at the upper part (vf19 is fixed to one position - bad point for vf19) but poor at the knee. (VF19 allows you to bend them backward - bad point for vf17)

...Like you can have one point of articulation but you must lose the other.. :rolleyes: Did some guy decide that you must suffer in one area if you gain in another area, so it's "fair"? :( Maybe they deliberately wanted macross fans to suffer?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

If you're going to buy a VF-19S bootleg, look for one that has grey shoulders and the blazer head, you'll feel better about it later. They're harder to find, but a worthy substitute for $150 original blazer valkyrie.

The fire is nearly identical between the bootleg and Bandai versions. Only differences you'll see are paint really. Pretty sure they're made from the SAME molds.

$150 for the original Blazer??? That's crazy talk. I bought all four original Mac7 toys for under $150 shipped. Maybe the chromed blazer might cost you that much...

I sold a reissue VF-19 Bandai for like $30... it's not hard to find them for that price on eBay. Still, you can get two knock-offs for that price so it depends what you're doing with them.

I challenge you to find me a Bandai blazer for under $100. $150 is and has been the going rate for them for a while (on ebay at least).

EDIT: Of course when I say that I find on ended on Ebay for $91 recently. SOmehow that one slipped by me...damn.

When did you buy all 4 for under $130 shipped? 1996?

Edited by easnoddy

I got a few custom mods of the bootleg VF-19s, their ok in fighter mode and blah in robot mode. Good for customs sicne their cheap (Under $20 a piece) and easy to take apart to paint.

354424[/snapback]

Sorry.. can't comment on the fire valks but awesome icon!

I challenge you to find me a Bandai blazer for under $100. $150 is and has been the going rate for them for a while (on ebay at least).

EDIT: Of course when I say that I find on ended on Ebay for $91 recently. SOmehow that one slipped by me...damn.

When did you buy all 4 for under $130 shipped? 1996?

5961922624 1/65 Bandai DX Fire Valkyrie Macross 1 $16.39 USD $16.39 USD

5961923234 1/65 Bandai Blazer Valkyrie Macross 1 $31.99 USD $31.99 USD

5961923725 1/65 Bandai Stealth Valkyrie Macross 1 $16.39 USD $16.39 USD

5961923859 1/65 Bandai Stealth Valkyrie Macross 1 $74.50 USD $74.50 USD

That was in March.... all four for under $150 shipped.

Edit - added pics so you can see they're not boots :)

post-2677-1135308365_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenius

I challenge you to find me a Bandai blazer for under $100.  $150 is and has been the going rate for them for a while (on ebay at least).

EDIT:  Of course when I say that I find on ended on Ebay for $91 recently.  SOmehow that one slipped by me...damn.

When did you buy all 4 for under $130 shipped?  1996?

354433[/snapback]

dang you really haven't been looking online huh? It's true that blazer valks have been going for a lot, but all the ones I've seen lately have been pretty cheap and all under 90. I even got my lot for cheap, VF-17S, VF-17D, and VF-19S all unstickered, unused and minty condition. Here's the auction:

Mac 7 auction

And even before that, I was kicking myself for not bidding on all four that ended at $99.99, with just one bidder. Total with shipping was 120. But I don't know if those valks were unstickered and minty like mine. So there's your challenge. I even know where I can get a VF-17D and VF-19 fire Valk, both unused for 50 each + tax. I think that's pretty damn good for the VF-17D, but I don't know about the VF-19 fire valk. That I've seen go for hella cheap on ebay, because of the bootlegs. Even back in 1996 when they first came out, all four valks were at 4800 yen or so. So about 50 bucks each, and then add in the shipping. Stores here had them for about 80+ for each one.

Anyway, about the blazer bootleg. I bought one back in 98 when they first came out for 25 bucks. My bootleg was pretty much identical to the original blazer valk, paintwise. But the difference was it was the fire valk body painted blue. The head was the same. I'd say pick up the bootlegs and worry about the originals later. The only ones I'm missing is the Fire valk, VF-17D/S special coated versions. :D:p:lol:

Edited by BoBe-Patt

aw, you mean these guys :)

354553[/snapback]

yes, just the two in the back. I bought the VF-19S one from a member here a long time ago for like 60 bucks shipped! ;):D:p:lol:

those chrome ones look really nice.

Yeah.... not exactly the most photogenic though since they don't really cooperate with flash-photography but they stand out nicely in a display case. I have long-since removed the non-chrome ones from my cabinets but these guys will probably stick around for a while. I'm also afraid to transform them though... it was scary enough just standing the VF-19s antennae/guns up... I was worried a piece of chromey plastic would chip off or something.

Edited by jenius

One thing I don't like about them chrome versions is that after you take them out of the box to display them, you have to wear gloves!! I had to clean mine over and over. Pretty annoying... :D:p:lol:

actually the Max Factory ones were not bad at all, these however i can see are different. my old Yujin Gaofighgar chrome was like that, it had finger prints all over it and they were hard to get off of it. it seems that the very chrome things are like this.

I challenge you to find me a Bandai blazer for under $100.  $150 is and has been the going rate for them for a while (on ebay at least).

EDIT:  Of course when I say that I find on ended on Ebay for $91 recently.  SOmehow that one slipped by me...damn.

When did you buy all 4 for under $130 shipped?  1996?

354433[/snapback]

challenge accepted and met :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1

Item number: 6025034186

MACROSS 7 BANDAI VF-19S BLAZER VALKYRIE 1/65 SCALE MIB

Bidding has ended for this item at US $53.50. You were outbid

look at the other auctions... set of four for less than $150 :lol:

all won by snoddy.

and if snoddy is who I think it is... I best get some damn props :lol:

You were DAMN right and I cannot believe it. Yeah, it was me.

I won all 4 (for $141 plus shipping). Color me very happy. The 17D and 19S were the ones I mainly wanted since I have the reissue 17S and can get a 19c easily. I couldn't pass up a whole set though for under $150 though. The boxes look to be in good condition as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to dig up old threads but I finally got these from the seller. OMG! The boxes are in at least C-9 condition (probably 9.5+) and are each sealed in celophane. I would guess that the valkyries have never been out of their boxes and stickers are unapplied. WOW!

In fact, they're so nice I'm very hesitant to take them out of their packaging...gah! I want to take it out and sticker it up SO BAD! UGH...

i bought 3 of boot legs for next to nothing awhile back

and they're ok for customs, not that i've had the time to them.

I got the Bandai 17s and its construction

is similar to the Bootlegs. i gave the 17s to my brother.

I hate to dig up old threads but I finally got these from the seller.  OMG!  The boxes are in at least C-9 condition (probably 9.5+) and are each sealed in celophane.  I would guess that the valkyries have never been out of their boxes and stickers are unapplied.  WOW! 

In fact, they're so nice I'm very hesitant to take them out of their packaging...gah!  I want to take it out and sticker it up SO BAD!  UGH...

361746[/snapback]

Gah! You outbid me for those! :D Congrats - they look like a lot of fun. I will get a set at some point. :p

Thanks for starting this thread Cdn. I've been eyeing those 1/65 scale cheapos myself and was hoping to find some reviews on here. Never seen Macross 7, but need something "new" to add to the collection. Buying VF-1 after VF-1 is starting to feel a little repetetive.... maybe I'm getting some wierd mecha version of the 7 year itch???? The VF-0 is months away.... need a fix now!!!

Edited by RT junkie