What Happened To Misa Hayase And 'rick'?

Aurora-7

............'Rick' becuase I can't remember his Japanese name.

Anyway, did they disappear whil she was commanding the SDF-2? And is that only from a backstory information or was it actually mentioned in a movie or series?

They made Hikkie-babies. Misa and Hikaru had a competition going with the Jenius family to see who could crank out the most kids.

An Ichijo son for every Jenius daughter.

I think the hory froating head stated at some point that they disappeared into a black hole....effectively ending any chance of seeing them ever again.

348102[/snapback]

I think the official story is just "disappeared near the center of the galaxy."

Black hole conveys the intent quite well, though. And there IS supposed to be a supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way...

:o Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe they'll come out the other side :p

348193[/snapback]

Sorry, but super-massive black holes aren't wormholes (which may not even exist anyway). They crush everything into literal non-existence.

Megaload/road? Is pancaked into less than the quintessence of a less than sub-atomic particle.

Misa's giant hair curlers didn't help her in the end.

Edited by ComicKaze

:o Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe they'll come out the other side :p

348193[/snapback]

Sorry, but super-massive black holes aren't wormholes (which may not even exist anyway). They crush everything into literal non-existence.

Under some models black holes actually DO punch through and come out the other side of the universe.

But as you observed, the gravity is gonna rip things apart before you get there. So they'd come out the other side as a stream of subatomic particles.

"But as you observed, the gravity is gonna rip things apart before you get there. So they'd come out the other side as a stream of subatomic particles. "

Not according to Disneys "the Black Hole" they come out the other end into a red swirly universe . :blink::p

movies= bending the rules of universe.

But as you observed, the gravity is gonna rip things apart before you get there. So they'd come out the other side as a stream of subatomic particles.

I ain't no physicist, but wouldn't you be able to escape the pull of the black hole if you were traveling faster than the speed of light (is that even possible for anything with mass?)? I never understood how fast a ship was travelling under a "space fold", or if it was strictly creating a literal fold in the fabric of space to facilitate a jump. I'm also not sure if the Megroad had fold capability - if it did, it seems they could have folded before getting crushed. It's not like it would be a teeny black hole that snuck up on them, there would have been obvious signs- like radiation emissions and a total void for light years.

Silly to think they would willingly travel towards the center of the galaxy knowing certain doom may lurk therein - afterall, they were primarily a colonization vessel, not a research vessel.

Edited by ghostryder

I ain't no physicist, but wouldn't you be able to escape the pull of the black hole if you were traveling faster than the speed of light (is that even possible for anything with mass?)?

Maybe. The closer you get to the singularity, the faster you need to go. The event horizon is where escape velocity exceeds c. Anything just inside the horizon will be able to escape with a small degree of speed above c, but the further in you go the less practical it becomes.

But gravitational forces will rip you apart before you get to the event horizon anyways.

I never understood how fast a ship was travelling under a "space fold", or if it was strictly creating a literal fold in the fabric of space to facilitate a jump.

I don't think it's ever been specified.

The implication seems to be an alternate universe, with slightly diffrent physics to us, partially due to the stated diffrence in time rates between fold space and real space.

http://macross.anime.net/story/encyclopedi...fold/index.html

The compendiuum says you jump into and out of a parallel space.

They also say nearly instantaneously, but that's relative to the time the trip would take with conventional sublight propulsiion, so...

The jump from Earth to Pluto seemed to have been near-instantaneous, though. Doesn't really provide a reliable measure, though.

I'm also not sure if the Megroad had fold capability

If they didn't, they'd've still been in the solar system when the Macross 7 launched. So yeah, they did.

- if it did, it seems they could have folded before getting crushed. It's not like it would be a teeny black hole that snuck up on them, there would have been obvious signs- like radiation emissions and a total void for light years.

Silly to think they would willingly travel towards the center of the galaxy knowing certain doom may lurk therein - afterall, they were primarily a colonization vessel, not a research vessel.

348242[/snapback]

They could've had a malfunction of some sort. Or just not been able to prep the fold engines in time. Or gotten attacked by aliens.

Again, it's not specified that they fell into a black hole. ALL we know is htat communication was lost near the center of the galaxy, and that Kawamori doesn't want to touch Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay again.

I ain't no physicist, but wouldn't you be able to escape the pull of the black hole if you were traveling faster than the speed of light (is that even possible for anything with mass?)

348242[/snapback]

Nope. In order to travel the speed of light you would need a nearly infinite amount of energy. In addition to that, you would end up gaining almost infinite mass, which obviously prevents anything from attaining that type of speed. I'm hardly a physicist either, so maybe someone here who is schooled in that subject can explain it better, but physical science as we know it negates "FTL." Sorry, Trekkies...

348206[/snapback]

I did some research for a layman's explanation for all this black hole business. In a nutshell, the black hole in the center of the galaxy is likely super-massive and rotating, which means two things that bode well for our Megaroad crew: they need not be ripped apart if they got sucked in, and they may have found an alternate/negative universe near the center, or at worse, remained trapped living in the black hole until their supplies ran out.

It's only theory...

I'd love to hear other theories that don't involve Misa and Hikaru being juliened in a cosmic death... :lol:

Didn't the full version of the "Megaroad into the black hole" story mention that they were investigating some kind of transmission emanating from said black hole? So at least in the Big K's mind there seems to have been the possibility of something or somebody on the other side. And frankly, it makes more sense than the Megaroad just accidently flying into the cosmic equivalent of a trash compactor.

I'd like to think of it as an unknown new beginning. If they were investigating a transmission, it could have been from another world in a parallel/alternate universe.

Real physicists please fell free to jump in and ruin this warm and fuzzy ending if it is implausible.

So...is this black hole thing actually official of the ending of Misa etc?  Strange.  =/

348322[/snapback]

Not-official. The official line is they were exploring an area near the center of the Milky Way galaxy. Soon afterwards, all transmissions cease. Maybe they all died, maybe they got sucked into a black "plot" hole....no one knows. Hence, when we last asked Kawamori about it, his response was, "They're fate is in the hands of God now/Only the lord knows...."

BTW...this question should really be for the newbie thread....In fact, we've answered it a few times.

BTW...this question should really be for the newbie thread....In fact, we've answered it a few times.

348327[/snapback]

Sorry, I did not realize there was a newbie thread. But where, in all of Macross media, was it first mentioned that they were gone?

Strange thing is:

I know Death is the hour long recap of all the 24 episodes before the last 2. Rebirth seems to be EXACTLY the same thing as the redone Episode 25 from End. I'm missing something here.

Well, Wikipedia seems to clear some stuff up, again, well one can dispute how "objective" or true information is on wiki.

But without further adieu, I sorta understand End of Eva a bit better now. Even though...

well...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion#Plot_summary

Still, I don't understand exactly what these Angels are.... Still don't get it...

Perhaps they were manmade by Commd Ikari then turned on him? No, that can't be. Back in 2000 he was probably still researching stuff, and wouldn't have such an ability. He wanted to be a God. I think.

You know what? I might actually start to make a thread (even though I bet there's thousands upon thousands of End of Eva threads on the Internet). Sigh.

Edited by Spatula

Well, I guess that's a better "Ending" than End of Evangelion.  I just watched that movie last night.  I need some therapy, NOW. 

(so yes, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but wth happened at the end?) EVERYBODY DIES? =/

348345[/snapback]

Individuality died; the entire human race was turned into one collective consciousness. In the end though, we can see that humans clearly have the choice to return back to their single self if they wish it. The original T.V. ending of 'Eva conveyed this idea alot easer-in the end Shinji learns to accept who he is, the world around him, and that his happiness or misery was for he alone to make. In the movie Shinji chooses to be human, although he would have to accept what he hated about himself and other people as individuals. I still think he should've finished Asuka off, though...

Edited by myk

But of course, Asuka treated him like crap, even though she was fighting her own inner demons about her mom etc. That's no way to treat a nice kid.

Though, what a crappy future. We all are family...a pool of LCL. Crazy.

I don't think I like this series as much anymore. I don't hate it, but I don't quite like it....

Yeah, just to let you know, I watched from episode 1 all the way to 21 for Sunday, and finished up with the rest of the series and movies Monday night. I'm glad I finished it ASAP so the "lingering" feeling wouldn't be so harsh, instead of watching 1 episode each week and actually care for the characters. ( I felt bad for Misato though, what a waste of a babe). =/

The truth is that was a cover story for the public. In reality they are all in a pocket of space time along with captain power to form a base of operations to defend seizures in children so hospitals won't go out of buisness.

This must be a consipiracy with that Pokemon show a while back.

700 kids having seizures. LOL. No wonder of all the recent unreported earthquake activity in Japan. LOL!!

Captain: I loved episodes 1- about 23 ish. This is about where the last angel is destroyed. After that they should have just showed the last two episodes with Nerv rejoicing they defeated all the angels, Commander Ikari dies of a drug overdose (I hate his ambition to become god). Ritsuko busy in her cell cage doing some knitting. (why did Ritsuko get jailed again...why did Ikari kill her? I don't get that. Perhaps she wanted to destroy Magi, but Gendo needed it to ...oh whatever. The more I think of it, the more depressed I get =/)

Misato and Shinji getting freaky...

Rei taking some sociality classes..

Asuka taking some anger management classes...

THAT would have been an excellent ending.

Edited by Spatula

I actually like the idea of humanity being turned into one singular consciousness. I really don't want to derail this thread, but allow me to say that humanity existing as individuals has proved to be summarily harmful to the entire race. If we were all one, like the LCL pool, the Borg, or whatever, there would be nothing but the tranquil collective...

I'll also say that the 'Eva movie was harsh because the creators wanted to shock die hard fans that were not content with the "t.v." ending of the series, which is considered to be the "true" ending of Evangelion. If you look at both the t.v. and movie endings, they carry the same message...

Finally, who wouldn't treat Shinji like crap-he was a sniveling brat who didn't have enough strength to believe in himself and make his own choices. Of course, at his age (15?), he couldn't possibly be that strong, but this just proves another life lesson: girls hate wussiness and Shinji was full of it...

I disagree with the collective> Imagine all my melted macross models. I'm guessing ALL of earth turned into a gooey state, not just human beings.

On the other hands, I agree with shinji being a total weakling. Terrible.

He's worse than Yamada in Densha Otoko. At least Yamada made an effort to stop the drunkard harrassing hermes.

lso, I hate total arrogant people ie Asuka. Turns out the real winner is Rei.

:)

Edited by Spatula