You're Tiny Are'n't you Mr. Frodo

Roy Focker

Slightly Off Topic.

Some friends of mine got back a week or two ago from a trip to New York.

They had one celebrity sighting, Elijah Wood. According to them he was short. I mean really really short. They saw him in a shop or something. One of them was a short koren girl. She's about 5 feet or so. Married to this 6'2 white guy. They're a funny looking but cute couple, anways she claims Elijah was smaller than her and decribed him as nearly a midget.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh yeah, I believe it. What's that saying? "the camera puts on about 10 lbs"

From my own personal experiences: there's that time I saw Paul Newman at a race in NY. Guy wouldn't weigh 100 lbs soaking wet.

I have a friend who recently married a fellow that does work as a stunt double; she's got pics and testifies to the fact that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is not nearly as massive as he looks on screen. Says he looks "average height" ['bout 5'10" -ish?] at best in person.

Slightly Off Topic.

Some friends of mine got back a week or two ago from a trip to New York.

They had one celebrity sighting, Elijah Wood.  According to them he was short.  I mean really really short.  They saw him in a shop or something.  One of them was a short koren girl.  She's about 5 feet or so.  Married to this 6'2 white guy.  They're a funny looking but cute couple, anways she claims Elijah was smaller than her and decribed him as nearly a midget.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

341601[/snapback]

Uh, unless she was standing on a stack of telephone books, no way he's shorter than her - he's 5' 6"...

I saw the guy at E3 back around 2000, and he's definitely not under 5 foot. He's more like 5 foot 6.

Who gives a crap if he's short. The guy gets paid bank to read lines in front of a camera in exotic places like New Zealand. He's laughing all the way to the bank while he travels the world reading scripts when he feels like it.

Edited by Seven

Elijah Wood is 5'5 as tall as I am..yeap I am short but far from a midget...sorry guys but midget is 5 and under...ha,ha.

The world has been "ruled" and owned by short people, and they still do..

Napoleon; short

Hitler, short

Atila the hun, short

Michael jackson, ok just the king of pop..but well, also short...

The list goes on and on...

And modernly speaking; I am sure the masonics and most rich jews (not discriminating here) are not tall or great looking either..this is history speaking ...

I would not worry about your friend seeing a short actor and feeling disgusted about it..I would fell more worry about her who had to marry a tall guy to get pass her height complex so she could feel accepted...

Edited by 007-vf1

Elijah Wood is 5'5 as tall as I am..yeap I am short but far from a midget...sorry guys but midget is 5 and under...ha,ha.

Napoleon; short

Hitler, short

Atila the hun, short

And modernly speaking; I am sure the masonics and most rich jews (not discriminating here) are not tall or great looking either..this is history speaking ...

I would not worry about your friend seeing a short actor and feeling disgusted about it..I would fell more worry about her who had to marry a tall guy to get pass her height complex so she could feel accepted...

341758[/snapback]

So your basicly saying midgets are evil bastards. :lol:

Napoleon; short

Hitler, short

Atila the hun, short

341758[/snapback]

So your basicly saying midgets are evil bastards. :lol:

341787[/snapback]

Of course they are. Otherwise they'd look you in the eye when they were talking.

I remember seeing an article in some boobie rag years ago. I remember it was a boobie rag because they could actually print the full title of the article....

"The Little a-holes"

It was a special about all the little midgety dickweeds in Hollywierd. Namely , Joe Pesci, Dustin Hoffman, Tom Cruise, and a few others I can't remember.

JSA - The real question about Cruise is "How far could you throw him before the aliens caught him, and returned him gently to the ground?" :rolleyes:

Napoleon; short

Not quite.

Contrary to popular belief (perpetuated by the above-mentioned caricatures), Napoleon was not especially short. After his death in 1821, the French emperor's height was recorded as 5 feet 2 inches in French feet. This corresponds to 5 feet 6.5 inches in Imperial (British) feet, or 1.686 meters, making him slightly taller than an average Frenchman of the 19th century. The metric system was introduced during his lifetime, so it was natural that he would be measured in feet and inches for much of his life. A French inch was 2.71 centimetres, whereas an Imperial inch is 2.54 centimetres. In addition to this miscalculation, his nickname le petit caporal adds to the confusion, as non-francophones mistakenly take petit literally as meaning "small"; in fact, it is an affectionate term reflecting on his camaraderie with ordinary soldiers. He also surrounded himself with soldiers, his elite guard, who were always six feet tall or taller.

I am slightly taller than Napoleon, just a centimetre.

Anyway, we have two sayings here in Italy: "lies have small legs" (meaning that lies can be discovered easily) and the "L rule" (meaning that your height is inversionally proportional to the length of your member). Maybe in English there are similar sayings.

The first saying has a special sense in Italy because of our prime minister Berlusconi, who was prescripted for false statements during an oath in a trial. By the way, in his family name the ending "oni" is a plural augmentative, while "berlusco" comes from "bis-losco" (disused word), which means "two-times dishonest" (really!). I can't guess why his family got that name...

FV

Napoleon; short

Not quite.

Contrary to popular belief (perpetuated by the above-mentioned caricatures), Napoleon was not especially short. After his death in 1821, the French emperor's height was recorded as 5 feet 2 inches in French feet. This corresponds to 5 feet 6.5 inches in Imperial (British) feet, or 1.686 meters, making him slightly taller than an average Frenchman of the 19th century. The metric system was introduced during his lifetime, so it was natural that he would be measured in feet and inches for much of his life. A French inch was 2.71 centimetres, whereas an Imperial inch is 2.54 centimetres. In addition to this miscalculation, his nickname le petit caporal adds to the confusion, as non-francophones mistakenly take petit literally as meaning "small"; in fact, it is an affectionate term reflecting on his camaraderie with ordinary soldiers. He also surrounded himself with soldiers, his elite guard, who were always six feet tall or taller.

Anyway, we have two sayings here in Italy: "lies have small legs" (meaning that lies can be discovered easily) and the "L rule" (meaning that your height is inversionally proportional to the length of your member). Maybe in English there are similar sayings.

The first saying has a special sense in Italy because of our prime minister Berlusconi, who was prescripted for false statements during an oath in a trial. By the way, in his family name the ending "oni" is a plural augmentative, while "berlusco" comes from "bis-losco" (disused word), which means "two-times dishonest" (really!). I can't guess why his family got that name...

FV

341841[/snapback]

its OK to be short, Im only 5'10"

Napoleon; short

Not quite.

FV

341841[/snapback]

So what you are saying is that 5.6 is considered average...?? yipeee..ha,ha..who knows the average human height anyways??? I think is just about 5.6 or so...I read is getting taller by the year...or decades measurament...

thanks for the Napoleonic enlightment vegeta...

I think what we should all use as a good measuring stick is Agent ONE.

Agent ONE's shoulders are wider than Tom Cruise is tall and he can dunk on us all. B))

Second question!

If Tom Cruise and Elijah Wood wore a horse costume for Halloween, who would be the ass end? And would it be a shetland pony costume?

I don't consider 5'10" to be short.

I think the "short" cutoff (for men anyway) is about 5'5" or so.  I'm 5'10" myself, and I'm taller than most of the guys I know.

341846[/snapback]

I guess they grow them larger around here, all my cousins, freinds are 6' or taller, I think I stunted my growth, I wear a size 13 shoe,,guess Ill never fall down, Last time I was at the bar, all I saw was shoulders at eye level (even most the chicks :blink: )not that I would want to be any taller, I fit in well in all cars and trucks (not to mention basements and chairs) and watching my 6'6" 280lb cousin get into my vette or S10 was pretty funny with his knees in his chest

Napoleon; short

Not quite.

341841[/snapback]

Hitler wasn't such a short lil bugger too. About 5'10''. Not tall even for his time, but not the little shorty most people make him out to be.

Napoleon; short

Not quite.

341841[/snapback]

Hitler wasn't such a short lil bugger too. About 5'10''. Not tall even for his time, but not the little shorty most people make him out to be.

342168[/snapback]

you know wayy to much about Hitler