TV Ghost - 1/72 model kit

honneamise

toys..... :rolleyes: Those are for those who dont have the testicular fortitude to build models.

Unless of course the subject is only available as a toy. then a model builder will buy said toy and dismantle it to make it into a model.

toys..... :rolleyes: Those are for those who dont have the testicular fortitude to build models.

Translation: Those without "balls"

;)

390521[/snapback]

girls?

Edited by Kylwell

Welcome  to the boards Fly4victory. introduce yourself to the crew. nice bunch of people on this board. just don't talk to the toy boys... they can be kinda spooky sometimes.

390392[/snapback]

Same story as most, too many models, not enough time. First resin was VF-4 by Hobbyfan, have SHE YF-19 and VF-5000 plus numerous Hasegawa and some samurai monkey scattered about.

Built Imai models in the 80's benefit of living in Cali back then, discovered Robotech in 85, Macross Plus in College.

Jumped from models to lego mechs and now back into models.

Joined the post to get into the growing lineup for TV ghost aircraft models.

Intend to display macross zero ghost, VF-0 ghost combined jet and battroid, and TV ghost. But need new dispaly case? Also need new house? ...so I can get more models. :blink:

I received it today..awesome kit...

I had the impression it would be a bit bigger..but the details on the resin..Oh boy is virtually perfect...no bubbles..

Thanks a bunch Thorsten

I received it today..awesome kit...

I had the impression it would be a bit bigger..but the details on the resin..Oh boy is virtually perfect...no bubbles..

Thanks a bunch Thorsten

391899[/snapback]

Wow that was fast... I had expected the kits were still in Germany because of the Easter days... the postal service guys are faster than I thought :D

The kit is getting bigger during assembly... no, really - the main body doesn´t look like much but once you have added everything it´s not that small anymore, only slightly less length than a VF-1. Anyway, I really hope you like it!

Edited by honneamise

Wow... can't wait till I get mine.  How many are you able to turn out per week?

391954[/snapback]

No time to make more this week, but next week I´ll start working on the next 20 kits, might take 2-3 weeks from then.

I´ll work my way downward the list, so don´t worry if you haven´t received a PM yet. I don´t want to collect money for kits that need several weeks for delivery.

And I will replace the molds in time, so you don´t need to worry that kit No 61 comes from a lousy worn out mold!

Got mine yesterday. The detail is exquisite. There are some truly fine details. The panel lines are all crisp... even for this very small size. The walls of certain parts are paper thin (as they should be), yet surprisingly strong. Limited flash and no warped pieces. I haven't had a chance to test fit everything, but I'm optimistic about what I've seen so far. Wonderful project.

Expertly cast too. The seam line on the main fuselage is in as good as place as possible. This is my major gripe with most resin kits... not this one! Honneamise is equally good at casting as he is scratchbuilding.

By the way, the artwork on the box is a very nice touch. Honneamise painted it himself. You are truly a well rounded artist!!!

Got mine today as well, dude you rock!

Oh warning for all though, the open missile racks for the sides weren't in bags but mixed in with all the paper confetti, don't throw them away.

OOO he could do a type of expanded universe thing. Make a launch booster for the VF-0 like John made for the VF-1. I was thinking of making some missile pods for the VF-1 series based on the VF-0 ones to meld the time difference better.

I dremelled out the back to make it a little lighter. Why? Not sure... probably because I can't leave well enough alone. In the process I knicked the insides of where the rear underside airbrakes go. I could just put the airbrakes in a close position, which would solve all my problems, but I think I wanted to do a Ghost just landing on a runway with the rear arrestor extended.

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

Thanks LTSO for sharing the pics! I should have done something similar but I never even came close to this assembly stage <_< This time it seems that I´m not the first one to actually finish one of my kits!

As for the dremelled out speed brake housings, I´d just take proper, thin plastic sheet, drill holes in it and glue them onto the remains of the old parts, the breaks don´t need to fit if they´re glued in open position.

Second run almost complete, PMs will follow in the next few days.

I´ve been planning it for quite some time now, but the Ghost box art is now available as colour print at last.

For those who haven´t got a kit yet , it is the same image that you can can see featured on the main page this month - I´ve managed to win the "fan art of the month contest" with the painting - thank you all for voting!!!

The print is the same size as the original painting, 50X40cm, printed on water-resistant(? I still wouldn´t try but that´s what the printing company says), UV-proof, heavy-stock 160gr/m² paper, extra matt finish, no white border.

The price is EURO 26,- each and shipping is 8,- international or 4,50 within Europe. I have got only three at the time but I can order more if there is demand. Just post here or PM me if you want one.

I´ll post this in the for sale section as well in case a "non-modeler" is interested as well.