1/48 Cannon Fodder is here!

Neova

So will the limited ed version have a different shade of brown?

I want to know in case in future some guy on ebay claims his version is the limited edition and tries to sell it to others for massive price, sucessfully tricking people into thinking they got something like a low vis. In future who knows how valuable the brownie LE version could go for?

Brownies would be the least desireable to get as a "first" valk imo since costs will just keep going higher and people don't normally fork out so much (unless getting the more recognisable heroes) for massive toys unless you're a big fan. This would then result in belief that there isn't much incentive to make many of these, and then later they might get harder to find and be in higher demand. I wonder then if they do reissue the brownie once demand goes back up, whether the pilot might be changed?

If only another company (bandai?) was making a Perfect grade vf1 to compete ahh. Or we saw a chogokin vf1? Think of level of details? That might drive cost back down.. What I would want to see is the heatshield able to be slid out in fighter mode. (there was an episode where hikaru slides it forward when enterting earth's atmoshpere)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yeah you gotta watch out for those peeps that raise prices on the valkyries, especially the VF-1A Low Viz...I always laugh on how many bidders with low feedbacks bid on the Low Viz...Hah hah...damn it!

When those limited editions come out, buy 'em! It was a cold November night in 2003 for me as I fought myself to not buy 1/48 Low Vizs.

Check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5999449480

hi all!!

just wondering if anyone can answer my question....is the 1/48 CF really a convention exclusive or just a regular release? am really confused about this issue

thanks and much appreciated!

329687[/snapback]

I don't think there are two versions. This is either a Limited Version or it's not. Hobby shops like Hobby Search advertised it as Hobby Show Limitation goods. And what they have is what we are getting. Here's their link.

http://www.1999.co.jp/asp/GoodsDetails_e.a...hop_right_e.asp

Suppsingly if this is a LE, this is it but Yamato didn't put anything on the box. For what I have read the CF was only allowed to be ordered in the Hobby Show. So pretty sure, no two variants, as all shops selling it have the same stock whether they call it LE or not.

I just read in a dealers board that the CF is limited and supposingly it's even more limited than the LV. But as we all already know some places calls it limited some don't. Here's the link.

http://greattoysonline.proboards43.com/ind...26757619&page=1

But since Yamato didn't put any writing on the box, they can very well just release more, unless those small Japanese writing on the bottom says something. Anyone can translate what it says.

it seems the "limited" rumor seems to come and go.

I wish someone would pin it down, because:

1. If there is another, different, limited version coming out I'll buy that as my second one

2. If the one that's out is limited I'll buy another of the same right away

or what I'd prefer to do is:

3. if it's not limited at all I'll buy another of the same, but later.

1. If there is another, different, limited version coming out I'll buy that as my second one

330078[/snapback]

I think it's just "limited" for now. If demand doesn't warrant a second release then this bad boy will be pretty rare. By not specifically labeling it "limited" they reserve the right to dump thousands more on the market when they notice secondary market going through the roof like it did with the LV. For now, it's just a gamble.

330078[/snapback]

In my opinion, I don't think there will be two variants. This is it for the CF. If you look at all the places carrying the CF they are the same. Some of them call is Limited some don't. eg HLJ doesn't say anything about it being LE, while Hobby Search and Amenbo calls it Limited.

I think the box design for the CF....

Totally SUCKS!!!....

What's with Yamato??

The box design is one of the crucial parts of attracting someone to even notice the product on the shelves....

tsk... tsk...

330310[/snapback]

That's just it -- I have not seen this thing on ANY shelves yet. The only time I've actually seen one in person is when Rob who ordered them specially showed me the cases he had and took one out to show me.

Other than that I've not seen these in any shops, anywhere. I'm willing to go with that "more limited than the low viz" thing. At least I remember seeing stacks of those everywhere when they actually got released. :(

But to go back to your point -- yeah, the box is the worst one yet. Looks like they're putting all their aesthetic efforts into the Scopedog. <_<

Edited by Renato

I think the box design for the CF....

Totally SUCKS!!!....

What's with Yamato??

The box design is one of the crucial parts of attracting someone to even notice the product on the shelves....

tsk... tsk...

330310[/snapback]

As a graphic-anime artist myself... If only the box-design were only plain-coffee colored and there are Faded toy pics in each parts better just like the Low-viz-box or Hikaru VF-1S. =( If only I were there in their box-designin staff, I would judge the pics design first before releasing... for consumers satisfaction

^D^''' eheheh... just my thoughts in mind.

Now hurricane Rita is actually aimed in our direction(Houston). I'm concerned about my Macross collection. I just got my 4 CFs, and now my alsmost complete collection is at risk. I have everthing except for a 1/48 DYRL Max; All re-issue Bandai; all 1/60 (except the blue Q-Rau Max); and almost all CMs. I bought some plastic cases, and bubble rap. I packed mostly 1/48+FP(13 1/48s)(12 FPs) for emergency flood, or transportation, or wind destruction. I'm in the west side of Houston, and we are expecting high wind, and flood warnings. Hopefully the coast will slow down Rita, and diminish the streght of the storm. Wish me luck, hopefully, that bi@tch Rita won't show up.

Peace...

V!C

Good Luck. Take care of yourself and your family and friends.

Now hurricane Rita is actually aimed in our direction(Houston). I'm concerned about my Macross collection. I just got my 4 CFs, and now my alsmost complete collection is at risk. I have everthing except for a 1/48 DYRL Max; All re-issue Bandai; all 1/60 (except the blue Q-Rau Max); and almost all CMs. I bought some plastic cases, and bubble rap. I packed mostly 1/48+FP(13 1/48s)(12 FPs) for emergency flood, or transportation, or wind destruction. I'm in the west side of Houston, and we are expecting high wind, and flood warnings. Hopefully the coast will slow down Rita, and diminish the streght of the storm. Wish me luck, hopefully, that bi@tch Rita won't show up.

Peace...

V!C

330630[/snapback]

Good Luck. Take care of yourself and your family and friends.

Peace...

V!C

330630[/snapback]

330646[/snapback]

......and your valksies :ph34r::p

Interesting find last night, the little circles (divided in half) that cover up the screw on the leg on the insides of each knee are made of rubbery material, not plastic like the others. They're actually quite hard to push in and keep from fallling out.

My wingpair of CFs came yesterday, and when I open the first box, I saw a loose circle-bar vernier (what Kensei was mentioning) loose in the box.. not a good omen. :o

But thankfully, nothing else missing or wrong, other than a miscast flap on one.

332996[/snapback]

Yes they are very loose. Haven't checked it on my first one, yet, only saw it on the second one.

Got 20 more to check. :(

Woah hang on, those ones are the ones that cover up the screw holes. I think they are trying to make it easier to access. The preveious issues of the 1/48 were plastic and glued shut, you had to get a sharp thin object and pick it out. This kinda makes it easier.