FFVII: AC

Akilae

Alright, I just finished watching the movie... just some thoughts:

What's cool:

1) Go Go Gadget Combining Blades!!

2) Homage to Knights of the Round

3) Longer motorcycle fight than the Matrix.

4) Vincent

5) The Rock :lol:

What's not:

1) What's the whole idea of the movie anyway?

2) "One-Winged Angel"... with guitars.

3) The pacing seems... off...

4) New Bahamut

5) Cloud now looks like a pre-teen Japanese pop star...

Let's start the talking people! :p

Addendum after second viewing:

I guess it's a *nice* thing that Square placed the movie before that last scene in FFVII (replayed with a new render at the beginning to jog our memories a bit)... apparently Red XIII's kids weren't born till about 500 years after Cloud's last duel with Sephiroth :p

However, I still don't see the point of the movie... Sephiroth is a pushover, JENOVA doesn't show up except for a few new renders... the movie is really more about Cloud's personal guilt over Aerith's death than anything else. Once he gets his poo together, he starts to kick ass, and end of movie... which doesn't make sense, since at the end FFVII Cloud had already resolved all of his issues ("I'm not alone anymore.")

IMHO, the movie is really meant for FFVII fanss to wet themselves silly with all the characters that show up and the sword action. It's cool... but that's about it.

Edited by Akilae

so all flash & no substance?

my dl just finished, wont have any time until tomorrow to view it

327954[/snapback]

meh, no emotional impact... FFVII did this by killing Aerith.. I guess FFVII: AC *might* approach that by killing off Tifa :lol: I think the movie is really an extension of Square's latest FF efforts (think FFX and FFX-2), rather than the earlier works of FFVI and FFVII.

I only hope with the new direction FFXII is supposedly taking things will get better...

I guess Square doesn't want to be taken seriously as makers of movie. I know that was their goal for the first one. The action and graphics are great but it's overwhelmed with too much stupidity to be taken seriously. It's too bad too, Cloud's opening scene was really good and captures the audience really well. Then they let it go.

Stupid things.

Cloud and mini Sepiroth guy fighting on top of buildings, flying and jumping... all of a sudden mini Seprioth guy is holding on to a ledge afraid to fall? WTF?

Cloud almost gets his ass kicked in the beginning by three aholes... and in the middle of the film same three aholes run away from Cloud when he comes to rescue his friends.

No matter how long ago the fight started, the people from the town square can't seem to clear out that area.

Someone call Robotech. I saw a bunch of flowers in the church... I think there can be a connection made!

Cool things:

Fight scenes.

The orchestral music (not the rock guitar music)

Designs.

I liked it.

I'm in the process of beating FFVII again to jog my memory, about all the other stuff.

Things I didn't like:

-I actually thought that the fight scenes were a bit too flashy :blink: like, they didn't really fit in with the rest of the movie.

-That and Sephiroth didn't put up much of a fight.

Things I liked:

-It looked amazing, the CG was really well done.

-Vincent

I had to download VLC media player.

Then I downloaded a set of subtitles. When you go to file -> open in VLC, it gives you the option to load the subtitle file along with the video file. (Mine was just .avi)

I'd give more specific details about the movie I got and the subtitles I downloaded, but I'm not sure if I should post it here :unsure:

I just saw it, i liked it i thought it was pretty good, the battles were quite good., i found a very good dvd rip version with excellent subs and sound, all in all i recomend seeing it.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

what's .mkv format?  Do I need a new player for that to see the subbed version?

328005[/snapback]

Just the codecs for it (search for "matroska").

I got bored as hell with the game and never bothered to finish it. The movie was fun for the the fight scenes, but I was completely lost story-wise. A really bad move on the creator's part in not making the film more accessable to a wider audience.

I liked it.  I never played FF7, so I don't really know much about the characters and all, but it was perty.  The one thing I disliked was Cloud looking like a chick.  I thought they should of gave him some more rugged features...

328070[/snapback]

I imagine they did it for their female audience. Efiminate-looking characters are popular with them.

High on the cool factor. The more they deny working on a remake of FFVII for the PS3, the more it seems like they are. From the PS3 demo which was the entire opening sequence to FFVII, to the several flashbacks scenes which were total remakes of FFVII FMV scenes, I find it hard to believe that they aren't going to pop this one out on us.

For me, this movie seemed like a really cool advertisement for the FFVII spin-offs coming out over the next several months, and probably a taste of a remake. It was worth watching.

BTW, nice to see The Rock moving into CGI anime movie work.

High on the cool factor. The more they deny working on a remake of FFVII for the PS3, the more it seems like they are. From the PS3 demo which was the entire opening sequence to FFVII, to the several flashbacks scenes which were total remakes of FFVII FMV scenes, I find it hard to believe that they aren't going to pop this one out on us.

For me, this movie seemed like a really cool advertisement for the FFVII spin-offs coming out over the next several months, and probably a taste of a remake. It was worth watching.

BTW, nice to see The Rock moving into CGI anime movie work.

328082[/snapback]

right on, it's very likely that they are working on something but is just keeping their mouths shut. :angry:

But for now it seems like they are planing along the lines of a anime series perhaps.

I just checked out Final Fantasy VII "the last order" it's a 25minute anime.

Here's the details

Last Order: Final Fantasy VII is the latest addition to the

Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. It is an original animated

video that was released with the "Ultimate Edition" of

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

It contains past events prior to the game Final Fantasy VII and

revolves around the event that took place in Nibelheim,

involving Zack, Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth.

After watching this 25 minute anime version, it really does seem like they will release a anime version of Final Fantasy VII :)

here's the link for those that want to check it out.

http://www.mininova.org/get/109548

Cool things:

Fight scenes.

The orchestral music (not the rock guitar music)

Designs.

So how was Uematsu's score? Did he stick to the orchestra sound or did he go more in the FFX rock-style? I was thinking about ordering the cd sound-unheard (except for the choir peice on the official site) but didn't want it to be a rock/pop experiment.

Have ya guys even playeed FFVII fully? If you didnt none of the movie would make much sense to you...And besides its Squares first animated movie, the graphics are nearly RL, old characters come back, an intresting story. No one should be complaining as Square is working on multiple projects at the same time like Final Fantasy XII, Remake of FFVII, FFXI, and the other new FFVII games. Iam happy with what they have done and respect thier work. Im not saying ya guys are dumb and stupid for your thinking but should realy appreciate it, if ya do good then if ya dont think twice buddy.

Edited by Dean

So how was Uematsu's score?  Did he stick to the orchestra sound or did he go more in the FFX rock-style?  I was thinking about ordering the cd sound-unheard (except for the choir peice on the official site) but didn't want it to be a rock/pop experiment.

328440[/snapback]

Just from what I heard in the movie... there's a fair mix. The classics are in there, but some portions have been heavily modernized (eg pop and rock... guitar strings...). There's the inevitable JPop piece at the end, but that's to be expected.

Overall, some nice tracks here and there, but I don't think the CD as a whole would be worth the imported price. Once again, this is just what I heard in the movie, so maybe the CD might be different.

Have ya guys even playeed FFVII fully? If you didnt none of the movie would make much sense to you...And besides its Squares first animated movie, the graphics are nearly RL, old characters come back, an intresting story. No one should be complaining as Square is working on multiple projects at the same time like Final Fantasy XII, Remake of FFVII, FFXI, and the other new FFVII games. Iam happy with what they have done and respect thier work. Im not saying ya guys are dumb and stupid for your thinking but should realy appreciate it, if ya do good then if ya dont think twice buddy.

328449[/snapback]

Ahem... FF: The Spirits Within was Square's first animated movie.

'sides... played fully? I got all the ultimate weapons, the gold chocobo, Knights of the Round, and defeated Emerald and Ruby. I think I played it fully enough :lol: I'm not saying I didn't like it, I'll probably buy the DVD like the Square whore I am (even got the TSW DVD). As a FFVI fan the movie is pure bliss. There are just some slight details that seem a bit jarring in light of how I interpreted the game.

328449[/snapback]

4 times, actually

Second animated movie

People are allowed to have their own opinions. I for one enjoyed it, its like seeing old friends.

Edited by Duke Togo

I know it's still early, but have any HK disc's popped up yet?

328181[/snapback]

Yeah, the HK bootleg is out. They were playing it at Frank and Sons.

328534[/snapback]

Did you notice if it included the extra's that are on the limited 2 disc version? Why I'd expect that much effort on an HK disc I'll never know :)

Damn AnimeSource version. Only had the movie had subs, or at least displayed them for me. Ugh. I can't wait to get the dvd though. I though it was pretty good, what parts I saw. I got up until the attack in Midgar where Bahamaut was summoned then no more subs. Checking out the other version.

The fight scenes were pretty cool, always good to see the Turks. I like how powers were used but at the same time weren't used all the time. I just hope we see more locations from the game.

Hearing the music that plays when you win a battle in the games on the cell phone was a nice touch after Tifa's battle.

Also maybe this was talked about later but what is the actual state of the world? I mean other cities and towns. Are they out there and okay? Clearly the city isn't going to be fixed so people had to move out of the area to other places but is there any actual talk in the movie about other areas?

Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Edited by Effect

The subs (*.srt) is out for FFVII "the last order.

you can get it here

http://tinyurl.com/7hfcj

Unzip the file and place the *.srt file in the same directory as your LAST ORDER raw file.

Rename the *.srt file so it's the exact same name as the raw file. ( example : if RAW = FFVIILO.wmv then it will be FFVIILO.srt)

If your raw file is a WMV you would need to rename it to a AVI file and use Mplayer2 or the classic mplayer to play the file so you can see the subs. ( go to start/run/ then type in mplayer2, enter)

Of course you'll need to already install VobSUB 2.23 in your system to be able to read and display the subs files.

hope this helps,

also there's also a verion with hard subs that just released

http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3383448

Edited by F360°

Just watched The Last Order without watching Advent Children yet.

Damn my brain needs refreshing. I don't remmeber what happened between Zack and Cloud being defeated by Sephi and then Zack and Cloud escaping where Cloud was comatose. The fight scenes in LO were excellent stuff! If there is ever gonna be a FFVII series, the people who did this OVA has gotta do it. Zack VS Sephi was the win. Only thing i rememebred about it in the game was Sephiroth doing some Jenova ping thingy (whole screen flashes green) and super deformed Zack is thrown to the floor. (I thought he died then...dun remmeber)