Alien vs. Predator Movie Next August

glane21

I'd like to start downloading emulators and roms, but I don't have a list of all the good sites anymore, especially the ones for the Callus 95 arcade emulators, I sure loved the Megaman game they had. Is Arcade@home still around? Because that's where I got a lot of my Neo Geo roms. Gotta love Metal Slug 1, 2, and X, I don't think they have 3 yet. Killing them Nazi look-alikes is fun!

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

damnit....

The movie was originally going to follow the Dark Horse comics and novels. When the first script was submitted, the movie producer saw great potential. However there where some problems.

Aparently the writer of the script decided to basically steal the story from the comics/novels outright, and say it was "based" on them. He made some "major" changes to the original story by changing some names, and a few other things. For instance he changed the heroine's name from Machiko Naguchi to something like Hariku Moguchi, and instead of the Rinth(rhino like creatures) to rhino's, he also changed the name of the planet. Well this pissed off the writer of the comics, so much so he demanded that if the script was to be turned into a movie, the obvious changes be made to it.

Well it looks like the script writer didnt want to, since the movie producer could'nt use the script it made the script writer change it, or it got someone else to write one. So now we have this new one.

How do I know? Well I just do. I also knew the movie was in the works before anyone was supposed to know.

Oh and if you dont know. Theres a Metroid movie coming out, nice script too, calls for a lotta cgi and damn good direction.

Edited by ulyssesdraco

Aparently the writer of the script decided to basically steal the story from the comics/novels outright, and say it was "based" on them.

You know...I remember that now. I don't recall the guy's name, but I read one or two of his online "rebuttals" to the charges of his script plagirism and he was probably one of the most self-righteous, sanctimonious blow-hards you could imagine. I assume that, aside from his bluster, he had no case.

That said, the original Dark Horse miniseries would have made a damn fine movie. It wouldn't have trampled on an continuity for the two franchises, had some interesting characterisations, and good action sequences. *sigh* I guess we'll never know how good it would have been... :unsure:

Oh and if you dont know. Theres a Metroid movie coming out, nice script too, calls for a lotta cgi and damn good direction.

Please tell me you're kidding about that... wait I think I hear something about that one. When I first saw the title I thought "Wha?!?! They're finally making this thing?" In my heart I always wanted to see the predators and aliens go at it, but in the back of my mind I know this movie is going to suck. <_<

Oh yeah, Capcom AVP was the best. Loved how you can dismantle the aliens.

It's true, they are in the proccess of making a Metroid movie. As well as a Mech Warrior movie, um...Crazy Taxi :blink: , Alice, Silent Hill B) , Shenmue I think :unsure: , and...a few others that I don't remember. Go to IGN, look in the movies part and search for games to movies, there's a whole list. :blink:

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

This movie is going to be pure cheese. Sure it's going to have lots of flashy scenes, but the storyline, chronology, and characters are going to suck hard. The original Dark Horse comic is probably the best you could do with this concept. Two things are going to sink this boat before it even sets out to sea:

1. ) It's from the director of Resident Evil

2. ) It's a "prequel" (aka 'Sh1t! We're out of original ideas!') to Alien

If my memory seves me, the original "Alien vs. Predator" script was submitted to one of the major studios (Fox?) on September 8th 1991... I remember the date because it was my 18th birthday. :) Capcom's arcade game from 1994 was inspired by this script... the female cyborg you control has ninja attributes. :)

Maybe there is some hope for this movie since Ripley's not in it! :p

*sigh* we can but hope....

I'm fairly certain that script WAS submitted to fox. The arcade game was cool, I remember her name was "Lt. Kurosawa" (can't remember the guy's name), but I always played as one of them...HOWEVER, I always wanted to play as a more conventional Marine, as a smart-gunner! I always thought it was strange that your character "one-handed" the smartgun if you picked one up.

Ok, I have to be honest.... the chances that this movie can be good are minimal, but there IS hope...

wanna save this movie before it dies the "before-silverscreen sequel death"???

Call in Michael Biehn (yes, Hollywood's universal soldier), KICK ALIEN3 and ALIEN RESSURRECTION OUT OF THE TIMELINE and let him and ripley survive to fight the aliens with the clan of predators.... (as for Carrie Hienn, well.... she's probably my age by now) LASTLY, bring back James Cameron, because this movie is certain to flop without him...

I'm not saying this is the ONLY way this movie will be saved... I'm just saying it's got a snowball's chance in hell of being worth seeing as they list it now.

This movie is going to be pure cheese.  Sure it's going to have lots of flashy scenes, but the storyline, chronology, and characters are going to suck hard.  The original Dark Horse comic is probably the best you could do with this concept.  Two things are going to sink this boat before it even sets out to sea:

1. ) It's from the director of Resident Evil

2. ) It's a "prequel" (aka 'Sh1t!  We're out of original ideas!') to Alien

1 B ) It's from the production company of Resident Evil, Davis Films.

Davis also snatched the film rights for the Silent Hill movie. They must have realized that making video game-based movies is a sure thing since kids and idiots go see it anyway, no matter how lame it is.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

I've got a bad feeling about this!

As it is this movie is probably going to suck big time. The generic characters, having it set in Antartica and in the present day just doesn't make any sense at all. I can just imagine a group of corporate suits who have no knowledge of the Alien & Predator mythos sitting round a boardroom table dreaming up this crock of sh*t.

This movie should really be set in the future, on a hot colony planet, where a Predator or Predators on a hunt accidently release an Alien or several Aliens

from a research facility and then the Colonial Marines get called in to clean up the mess.

And yes, I also agree that Alien 3 & 4 should be disowned and a new 5th Alien movie should bring back Hicks, Newt and Ripley and be set on Earth sometime after the events in Aliens, and somehow Aliens have got back to Earth started breading en masse and mankind is in now in an all out war for survival.

Actually, wasn't there a really old black and white Dark Horse graphic novel about 15 years or so ago with Hicks and Ripley, where the Aliens are on Earth?

Anyway, Hollywood is definitely running out of both original ideas and good ideas. I'm sure it won't be too long before we see a Robocop vs Terminator or Highlander vs Blade movie or something like that....groan.

Graham

After finally reading that synopsis, it is confirmed.

Paul Anderson is an abomination to any and all project. Those character descriptions are some of the most cliched nonsense I've read. Gee Paul, I wonder where you got the idea for a female protagonist? Hmmm! I wonder ;)

Stan Winston isn't on board either, which sucks.

LASTLY, bring back James Cameron, because this movie is certain to flop without him...

That's the worst part! Cameron had said he was actually interested in doing another Alien movie, on the condition that FOX wouldn't go ahead with AvP. The problem is, it would have been a few years before he would have had time to develop it. FOX, of course, was more interested in something for 2005.

Hence, we get stuck with this garbage. :angry:

I really have to stop clicking on these new movie threads.........  There are somethings I'd prefer to be ignorant of.

Yeah... but when you walk in a movie so bad, it gives you a feeling of dread.... you will wish you had clicked on those movie threads. B)

If I'm ignorant I won't even know if the movie exists at all even when it's in theaters. :lol: That's how I feel about this and the GI Joe film. I would rather not know the ideas were even conceived. <_<

To do AvP they should have stuck to the original 4-part comic and made that. Fits in with both continuities, it's not on earth, and it was good. Very good.

Angel's Fury Posted on Sep 26 2003, 01:49 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, it was Jason vs. Freddie, now it's Alien vs. predator! What's next? 

Halloween Vrs Scream? <_<

Looks like they just weren't doign their research during the writing of the script for this film AT ALL.

Angel's Fury Posted on Sep 26 2003, 01:49 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, it was Jason vs. Freddie, now it's Alien vs. predator! What's next?  

Halloween Vrs Scream? <_<

Looks like they just weren't doign their research during the writing of the script for this film AT ALL.

lol..... Halloween Vs The Killer Clowns from Space.... I would pay good money to see something like that. :lol: